ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Pre Rolling Stones - May 1962
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: barca 29 june Return to archive
06-20-03 06:42 AM
egon anyone know what the situation will be in barca?

will people turn up early for cuing?

is cuing eve alllowed or will there be (dutch) police
beating the shit out of you?

will there be a special section in front of the stage for
the 1st couple of hundred people (wristband system)?

what's the best way to get there from the center?
(i take it it's best not to take the car. is it walkable?)

so many questinos...

[Edited by egon]
06-20-03 07:23 AM
montana hi egon...here's a few answers but not too much cos i dont live in barna LOL

well here's a map i found: http://www.unav.es/ubicacion/barcelona.jpg at the button you'll see MONJUIC and then ESTADIO OLIMPICO

about the queue...sure you can stand there at any time LOL i bet there will be people who spend the night queueing... sure... hahaha

about FOS...mmm not sure but dont think... for example in Bilbao show there's FOS and it has a different price but not in barna...so be ready to run if you want to be FOS.

that's all...lour
06-20-03 07:51 AM
Jumacfly Hi egon
I was in Barcelona for the btb tour , i arrived nearly at 14 o clock, and guess what?
the stadium was empty and anybody was queuing....people arrived during the opener the hothouse flowers....
So IMO, queuing in not a priority in spain.....but may be any of you have different versions...that was mine...Anyway, hope we meet in marseille ok??

cheers
ju
06-20-03 08:14 AM
montana well i wasnt in barna in 98...so i dont know...but i dont plann to queue too much...i went to the show in santiago 99 around 6pm and i was front row bstage... good place...

cheers, lour
06-20-03 09:06 AM
rolling___bunny Another thing....does the concert really start at 10pm or will it be earlier just like in italty? Bugs
06-20-03 09:29 AM
montana no...the shows in spain always start at 22 or even later... but not too much...
06-20-03 10:13 AM
egon thanks for taking the time t reply.
don't think i'll show up too early, cos it's probably gonna
be bloody hot.

any case spaniards are pretty small, so am sure i can always
make my way to the stage by pushing (gently of coursse)

thanks for the map lour, but do you know how far the stadium is from the center? (can't find the ramblas on it)

ju my french friend, i will see you in marseille!!!
06-20-03 11:03 AM
sandrew Where are the reserved seats gonna be for the Barcelona show?
06-20-03 11:03 AM
sandrew Is the whole floor general admission?
06-20-03 11:14 AM
egon yes as far as i know.

but guess there will be a special section in front of the stage???
06-20-03 11:52 AM
Jumacfly Egon
to take a great barcelona trip to montjuich, take the funicular from the port...
you can easily find it, you see a big tower at the extremity of the port, it takes you to the olympic hill,you ve got a great view of this beautiful town, then go straight ahead and you re at the stadium....it s funnier than the tube!

many precisions on the tourism books, or at the tourism office at the top of the ramblas (plaza cataluna)

cheers and let s drink to the hard working in marseille my friend!!

Ju
06-21-03 09:45 AM
egon merci mon ami!

what time are you planning to go to the stadium?

and when will you arrive in marseille?

06-23-03 06:41 AM
Jumacfly well, may be on 4th night....my friend Phil has invited me to his birthday in m arseille, so i do t know exactly...but, ill be at the velodrole (that s how we call the stadium of marseille in my town) in the morning.
I think we gonna plan our meeting with our friends of the board that join us....

a post will come sooner, after the spanish leg...
have a great time in barcelona, see ya!!
JU

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003