ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Welcome to the breakfast show!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Greenfield's book Return to archive
06-23-02 07:39 PM
nanky Got it for father's day and I've been poking around in it. What a great read:

"All of the tension of the past few weeks has been building to this...the moment the show gets on the road. Marshall feels it. He's wired, excited, there's a gig tonight, the first one...and the feeling is catching. A bus full of crazies, headed off to who knows what kind of adventure....

It's peak experience time, with grownups getting to act like kids, with the Stones as an excuse and a reason and an avenue to bizarre encounters..."

Does that sum it up or what. I read that and a smile came over my face -- that's exactly it. God I can't wait, I've got touritis so bad -- I got one of the sure symptoms today -- "Keith spasms" -- driving down the road real fast listening to Handsome Goils and When the Whip Comes Down hits -- and those first few blistering chords start and all of a sudden the steering wheel is a Fender and my arms are flailing all over and the car is totally out of my control. People trying to get out of my way -- evil glares by those that just do not get it.

I'm worried -- the symptoms are getting worse -- I already suffer from lyrictosis -- the inablity to speak to people without throwing in a irrelevant Stones lyric.

"Morning nank, how's things?"

"I'm so hot fa hah, I'm on fire fa hah"

"What?"

"Ah..., nothing, how are you"

06-23-02 08:02 PM
Scot Rocks Heh Nanky I got that book about a week ago too and Im about half way through it, it has been brilliant so far, damn I sure wish I was at Hefner's place in Chicago for that party...or just someone who was on that tour.

Mark
06-23-02 08:10 PM
nanky I haven't gotten that far yet. I can't read it fast enough though -- it is amazing how so much has changed, yet how some of it is still the same!

It is a perfect warm-up to the tour!
06-23-02 08:19 PM
Gazza Bought that book about 20 years ago or more - maybe one of the first Stones books I ever read and still one of the best ones

...and unlike that talentless arsehole Stephen Davis,Bob Greenfield was actually THERE. Subtle difference between a first hand account and poorly researched re-hashing by a know-nothing hack.
06-23-02 09:30 PM
Scot Rocks yeah I love it so far, it's like been on a rollercoaster ride all the way through as at first hand you experience the highs, the lows, the emotions, the ecstacy of a Stones summer tour of 1972 when they were at their hight.

will someone invent a time machine so I can go back there to 1972...sigh

Mark

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road