ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Welcome to the breakfast show!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Working on a Saturday Blues Return to archive
06-22-02 01:13 PM
nankerphelge This sucks! First full day of summer and I'm shoveling out all the crap in my office. Dying of touritis, desparately wanting to light up a BIG FAT ONE and hit the road. I need a road trip -- that's what I need...

Hope someone is playing some STones somehwere
06-22-02 01:36 PM
sirmoonie Hey counselor, I'm also under office-arrest all day. What a friggin' biz.

Least I got Exile playing right next to me, with John Lee Hooker on deck, and future prospects of a few Guinnies tonight. Or maybe a bourbon, a scotch, and a beer. Goddam, I'm thirsty . . .
06-22-02 01:41 PM
Riffhard Well nanky I feel your pain.I have had those working on the weekend blues myself.I am fortunately off on this beautiful Saturday,and what am I doing?I'm sitting in front of a computer when I should be at the beach!I am,however cranking The Stones.Right now I'm listening to Voodoo Edo,Tokyo Dome 3/12/95.
I think I'll back my discman and head to the beach.I'll keep my eyes to the sky in hopes of the random blimp sighting.I too have been infected with touritis.It's struggle.I can't wait for the innoculation in September!

Riffhard
06-22-02 01:51 PM
Jaxx gee, i've been at a swim meet since 6:30 a.m. this morning. i road raged to the pool to "she was hot" and "pain of love with an 8 cup pot of coffee. ran time cards from swim lanes to the computer nerds for 3 hours. is that considered work? what if your catatonic while you're doing it? is THAT considered work?

06-22-02 02:00 PM
nankerphelge The pool would be perfect right now. Beautiful day here in DC -- at least that's what it looks like. Sunny, not too humid, lotsa scantily-clads walking around outside.

I've had about enuf of this
06-22-02 02:00 PM
Boomhauer As Beavis & Butthead say:

"Uh, huh, huh, huh. Works sucks! Uh, huh, huh, huh"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, heh, heh! Works sucks! Hey Butthead, you should of heard what you just said. Sucks, heh, heh, heh!"

"Oh yeah, cool!, uh huh, huh, huh!"

I miss these guys, don't you? Although I don't really remember them ever mentioning the Stones.
06-22-02 02:07 PM
nankerphelge Holy shit - it just got worse -- they're having some sort of festival in the little developer-manufactured-town where I work and someone is out there singing and it sounds like they are killing cats. Oh my god its painful. Cross between John Denver and Tiny Tim -- off key and outta time. Just fucking shoot me...

06-22-02 02:44 PM
luxury1 Boomhauer--Do you like King ofthe Hill? Same guy did Beavis and Butthead(Mike Judge) I love that show--I think it is one of the most original things on TV--is that where you got your name??
06-22-02 03:17 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy As for me... I'm sitting in a corner cafe on a faraway isle, enjoying my Diet Pepsi and bopping my head ridiculously to IORR.

God, sometimes being a youngun' pays off. Nank, man, I feel your pain, I'll write a song for you. Or I would... if this friggin' place didn't charge 3 bucks for 15 minutes... goddamn tourist trappers.

And there's some little jerk from the FBI, keepin papers on me, six feet high.... awoooooooooooo!

And now the entire cafe's looking at me...... gotta fly....

-tSYX --- He's the man on the corner.
06-22-02 07:52 PM
glencar I worked this morning & have to go back in tonight. My 2 hour nap will help me get through this. Plus the hefty pay stub next week!
06-22-02 07:55 PM
nanky Well no more work today for your nanky.
Just polished a bottle of wine and I'm feeling fine and ready to rumble.

You know what I think.
I think right this very second the Stones are plotting how to take the whole world by complete surprise with this tour.

I think we are in for a treat -- I think Mick has hatched a plot that is so DEVIOUS they're gonna take back the SIR thing -- un-knight him -- de-knight him -- see that -- something so scandalous we don't even know what to call it really!

06-23-02 12:24 AM
BILL PERKS AS I RECALL BUTTHEAD DID SAY SOMETHING ABOUT WYMAN'S TWISTED FAMILY LIFE-ABOUT HIS SON MARRYING HIS MOTHER IN LAW WHILST EMOTIONAL RESCUE VIDEO PLAYED.ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF THE BUILD UP LADS,CUZ IT'S PROBABLY THE LAST TIME YOU'RE GONNA SEE THEM.
06-23-02 02:49 AM
Staffan LOL... I've just waken up.. It's quiet. Today I'll try to enjoy summer and go sailing! Inspired by the header pic a few days ago...

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road