ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Welcome to the breakfast show!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones Bootleg - Hot Stuff Return to archive
06-22-02 10:57 AM
winter I have a "box set" (4 discs) live boot with four discs which spans much of the band'ss career, called Hot Suff, V. 1 69-94

The shows are of varying tours and quality. Included are the following four songs

Happy
Tumbling Dice
YCAGWYW
Midnight Rambler

from "Forest National, Brussels, 10/17/73 -afternoon show. All four songs are amazing. The Midnight Rambler is 12:46 long and blows the doors off of the verion on Ya, Ya's. This verions rocks harder than any live stones recording I have ever heard. At one point, when the Stones breakdown the song, it sounds like Mick is damn near having sex stage.

My question is, does anyone know the name of a good quality boot of this show? I would love to have the whole show on disc.

The box set also has a great version of Little T&A from 12/18/81 - Hampton, VA - Keith and Ronnie rock on this one.

Winter
06-22-02 11:24 AM
SWAYED WINTER----the Stones show from Brussels 10/17/73 is available on literally dozens of different bootleg titles. My favorite incarnation of this show is Rattlesnake's "Brussels Affair--the Defenitive Collection". This a 2 disc set. The 1st disc is the Brussels show supposedly taken from the pre-FM broadcast reels. The 2nd disc is a collection of other various cuts from European '73 tour, all soundboard quality. The 2nd disc ends with 4 songs (audience source) from Germany '73 including rarely played versions of "Silver Train" and "100 Years Ago". In my opinion, this title is definitely worth obtaining and is relatively simple to find. Hope this helps, Winter. PEACE OUT!! SWAYED
06-22-02 11:25 AM
MRD8 In my opinion the best version of the Brussels '73 show is Headin' For An Overload...incredible quality!
06-22-02 01:14 PM
winter Thank you both:

Has anyone ever heard a better version of Midnight Rambler, if so, I'd like to know what it is,

Thanks again,

Winter
06-22-02 01:18 PM
MRD8 In my opinion that is THE best version of Midnight Ranmbler EVER! I did love the job they did on MR on the b-stages on the No Security tour, the best version since '73...
06-22-02 01:37 PM
winter Amen brother!

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road