ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Welcome to the breakfast show!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Vocals on Fuc@ing Andrew Return to archive
06-21-02 10:50 AM
Fiji Joe Who sings lead vocals on Fucking Andrew (a.k.a. Andrew's Blues)? I'm guessing it was Brian Jones because it damn sure ain't Mick and it can't be Keith. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.
06-21-02 10:59 AM
CS Phil Spector on vocals and maracas
06-21-02 11:19 AM
Tom
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Who sings lead vocals on Fucking Andrew (a.k.a. Andrew's Blues)? I'm guessing it was Brian Jones because it damn sure ain't Mick and it can't be Keith. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

There ain't no Stones in this recording but Stu

Ian Stewart Piano 1
Phil Spector vocals
Graham Nash b. vocals
Allan Clark b. vocals
Gene Pitney Piano 2

06-21-02 11:35 AM
Nasty Habits Are you sure that there are no other Stones on that recording? I've always thought that that was Mick who does the backup vocals towards the end - the second bit where all the names get mentioned. Such a fascinating song - I'd love to know more of the history of it if anyone out there knows the real story. Who played guitar towards the end?

Nasty

06-21-02 11:37 AM
Honky Tonk Man Some peopler here may well be aware of my Jimmy Page obbsesion, so it will come as no suprise to you that i reckon it was Page. Its a fact that hes on some of the songs on Metamorphisis as well as John Paul Jones
06-21-02 12:22 PM
Fiji Joe Same here, if that ain't Mick singing back-up, it's the best imitation I've ever heard
06-21-02 12:33 PM
moy One of the most legendary unreleased rock recordings of the 1960's, this February 1964 recording is known by many titles, "Andrew's Blues" being about the cleanest one. The five Stones and their producer/manager/mentor Andrew Oldham, joined in the studio by American producer Phil Spector, American singer Gene Pitney and two of The Hollies (one was definitely Graham Nash, but there's long been debate as to whether the other was Allan Clarke or Tony Hicks) make the most of a relatively unproductive day in the studio by ingesting some of Pitney's celebratory birthday cognac and running through a few 12 bar jams. Some were used as filler tracks for the first Stones album, but the most interesting one never stood a chance. Despondent over having earlier in the week made an appeal to Decca Records' president Sir Edward Lewis to be released from their contract so they could sign with Phil Spector, which Lewis flatly refused, the well oiled musicians let loose with an ad-libbed tribute to the label head. Phil Spector sings most of the lead vocals, alternately taking good-natured jabs at Oldham and less good-natured jabs at Lewis. The colorful lyrics, which find Andrew and Jack and Jill doing things left out of most Mother Goose books (with appropriate vocabulary to make the points), guaranteed this one wouldn't make the Top 20. Even without the heavy use of the F word, Sir Edward probably would also not have been too fond of Andrew Oldham's mid-song imitation of him. Immediately shelved, but ovevr the years has snuck out to collectors. Gene plays piano, and the two Hollies provide harmonic backing here and there.
06-21-02 01:17 PM
Nasty Habits The other day a stack of 45s wandered into the store, one of them an extremely old Savoy record by Wilbert Harrison, the guy who did the original recording of Kansas City. It was called "Don't Drop It". I was playing it, and all of a sudden he says "I said I wouldn't lay you baby til the day that I was wed, but every time I kiss you I forget just what I said"! Stones geek that I am, I started chanting, "Whoa Andrew! Yes Andrew!" Didn't realize that line had its origins in r & b vernacular, but it makes total sense. Anyone else know of this little couplet popping up in other blues/r&b tunes?

Nasty the musicologist

06-21-02 11:44 PM
Fuc*ing Andrew so did we figure out if that's Mick singing background vocals...Moy's cut and paste is more or less the story behind the song that I'm familiar with
06-22-02 12:46 PM
chrisloc "Jack and Jill" is British rhyming slang
it means "pill" eg heroin or fix

Christian.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road