ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Welcome to the breakfast show!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ode to a Blimp Return to archive
06-20-02 09:19 PM
winter Oh grand, glorious blimp, you tease me with coyness;

Why do hide from Winter, where is your place of seclusion;

We will meet in time my friend, you can be sure of it, on a fine autumn day in early September;

And you will show yourself and shower us with your presence as you drift above my dear Commonwealth;

And as the masses gather for the feast (damn, I hate the eagles), we will toast your presence with fine food and drink, as we prepare for the evening's festivities;

And in your glory we will bask, a true celebration, not to forgotten, the arrival of our heros

And as the lights dim that spledid evening, we will ask ourselves, but one question with only one answer:

"is everybody ready, is everbody ready"

Ladies and gentlemen, THE ROLLING STONES

Tour Opener - 9/3/2002

Blimpie, Blimpie, Blimpie

Can't wait to see the Blimpasaurus
06-20-02 09:22 PM
speter555 Winter,depending on what time we start partying we may see
multiple blimps.
06-20-02 09:31 PM
winter The more the merrier, I'll start work on my Sonnet to the Twin Blimps right away,

Winter
06-20-02 09:31 PM
Scot Rocks Very good Winter, next year, I can just see the Blimp now flying high above buckingham palace, because of Mick's privliged status, giving them permission, and Keith dropping a fagend out the window smashing through the roof of the Palace and knocking the Queen out while she is having tea with Sir Paul McCartney and Lady Elton

Joey gave you the day off now im giving you the night off!!!! lol

Mark
06-20-02 09:38 PM
speter555 Hey Winter which tour was it that they had a party train from South Station to Foxboro? I thought it was Steel Wheels.
06-20-02 09:39 PM
winter Do you think they will let my precious Blimpie-poo travel across the Atlantic?

What, with all that is going on in the world?

Islamists, Terrorists, and Blimp-haters?

If so, treat her kindly my transatlantic friend, treat her kindly,

Winter

06-20-02 09:41 PM
winter speter555:

I wasn't here in Beantown for Steel Wheels, I was in Miami, I did catch them in the Organge Bowl - My first stones show.

Great show!

06-20-02 09:51 PM
speter555 Winter,did you hear anything about them playing in Worcester
at a place called The Plantation Club?
06-21-02 04:52 AM
Honky Tonk Man "Having Tea with Sir Paul McCartney and Lady Elton"

Scot Rocks, thats HILARIOUS!!
06-21-02 07:50 AM
Sir Stonesalot Winter,

Time to make you very jealous.

I have my very own Stones Blimp. I fly it all the time. It's about 5 feet long and 2 1/2 tall.

I guess this speaks volumes for how obsessed I am with this band.
06-21-02 09:06 AM
winter Sir Stonesalot:

What is this mysterious zepplin you speak of? How does one fly in a craft that is five feet long and 2.5 feet tall, sitting indian style? I don't understand?

Does she also bear the majestic colours of yellow, red, white and black?

Do you have a mini - Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ron that ride within her underbelly?

Will this craft be present at any of the following shows: Boston, CMGI, Giants Stadium, Hartford?

I must bear witness to her magnificence with my own eyes,

Please tell me more, I am quite intrigued,
06-21-02 09:07 AM
winter Speter555:

Haven't heard a thing, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll do something around here to warm things up

Winter
06-22-02 01:22 PM
winter I though I'd respond to this, just to get my literary masterpeice at the top of the board again,

Does anyone know, have they given out this year's pulitzer yet?

Blimp, blimp, blimp,

feeling

Blimpadelic--

Winter
06-22-02 03:12 PM
Sir Stonesalot Oh yes, my dear Winter...it is indeed yellow...and has enormous lapping tongues on the sides...I'm working on finding US tongue stickers and Canadian tongue stickers for on the fins as well...

It is operated with a mysterious black box that emits some kind of magical spell...allowing the person holding the box to control the movements of the blimp....

If I can fit the thing into my vehicle, along with the rest of my family, the Finnish contingent, and all the necessary survival accoutrements...beer, burgers & Hot Sausages, etc...The Blimp will make an appearance at Giant's Stadium.

ALAS!

It must stay tethered, lest a gust of wind send it rocketing into the stratosphere...so it cannot be flown in NJ. But we can certainly gaze upon it, and ponder it's mysteries.
06-22-02 06:36 PM
gypsy Oops! I saw "ode to a blimp" and assumed someone had written something about my big fat neighbor whom I despise so!
06-22-02 08:48 PM
Sir Stonesalot Your neighbor? I thought it was refering to your tits.
06-22-02 10:30 PM
BILL PERKS I'll be lounging in my chair,drinkin my Amstel,smokin a stogie and watchin that blimp circle the Vet for hours before showtime,listening to Dirty Work and their other great records,and all will be right in the world,if only for a few hours!
06-22-02 10:59 PM
Sir Stonesalot You go BILL!

Get your Rocks Off!

YEAH!
06-22-02 11:04 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Winter -

I reiterate now what has been earlier posted.

TWO MONTHS EIGHT DAYS.

I'm going to explode. Even if I buy a previously unheard by me Stones album every week, I'll be in debt to everybody, will have to listen to Dirty Work and Emotional Rescue (and yes, I know there're some who love those albums, and I love IORR, so we've all got our bastard children, so maybe I'll be surprised. But I thought I'd be surprised by "McCartney", too. One classic song does not an album make), will run out of albums eventually, will go to my Record Store the hour War Horses gets released and jump up and down until his friggin' lazy provider gets it in, and then will waste the money I was saving to pay off my debts to buy the ABKCO remasters.

Buh-Buh-Buh-Buh-Buh-Buh Blimp... Buh-Buh-Buh Blimp-y... Buh-Buh-Buh-Buh-Blimp, Buh-Buh-Buh-Buh-Blimp, Blimp-y...

All my friends... hate the Blimp Riders.
Blimp...Ri-ders... don't give a flying fuck.

-tSYX --- It gets him dowwwwwwwwwwwwn.
06-23-02 10:00 AM
winter Sir Stonesalot:

The gods have truly blessed you. If at all possible, I must see the majestic craft you speak of. Accordingly, I hereby request a formal gathering at the place we mortals call the Meadowlands on the eve that our heros decend upon us.

I anxiously await the opportunity to gaze upon its splendor.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road