ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Welcome to the breakfast show!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dr Dre remixes Rolling Stones for Austin Powers Return to archive
06-17-02 11:56 PM
CS Dr Dre's remix of the Rolling Stones' 1978 hit Miss You is included on the soundtrack to Austin Powers: Goldmember.

Tracks by Paul Oakenfold and British newcomers Soul Hooligan also appear on the LP released by Madonna's Maverick Records.

The Bangles' Susanna Hoffs does a version of the Bacharach-David classic as Alfie (What's It All About Austin?).

A remix of Britney Spears' Boys featuring Pharrell from hip-hop/R'n'B producers Nerds is also featured, as is Beyonce Knowles' debut solo single Work It Out.

The soundtrack is due out on July 16.

Knowles stars as Austin (Mike Myers') sidekick and love interest Foxxy Cleopatra and Spears has a cameo role.

The full track listing is:
Work It Out - Beyonce Knowles
Miss You (Dr Dre Remix 2002) - The Rolling Stones
Boys (Co-ed) Remix) - Britney Spears
Groove Me - Angie Stone
Shining Star - Earth, Wind and Fire
Hey Goldmember - Foxxy Cleopatra
Ain't No Mystery - Smash Mouth
Evil Woman - Soul Hooligan feat. Diana King
1975 - Paul Oakenfold
Hard Knock Life (Ghetto Anthem - Dr Evil Remix) - Dr E
Daddy Wasn't There - Ming Tea feat. Austin Powers
Alfie (What's It All About, Austin?) - Susanna Hoffs.

The movie opens in the US and the UK on July 26.

Story filed: 14:22 Monday 17th June 2002

06-18-02 02:41 AM
Dear Doctor THIS IS RIDICULOUS!
I HOPE THE STONES DIDN'T AGREE TO THIS
DR DRE IS WAY OVERRATED ANYWAY

BUT THIS SAMPLING SHIT I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE

WHY DON'T THEY JUST use the 12'' disco version

BECAUSE GIRLS WILL COME AND GO THEY'RE JUST LIKE FUCKIN STREETCARS
06-18-02 03:51 AM
gypsy Well, I know one soundtrack I WON'T be buying!
06-18-02 05:18 AM
stonedinaustralia well i've no doubt the following comments are bound to upset a few people but what the hell here goes anyway

i think the idea of a remix could be interesting and i'm thinking of this elvis v jxl track that is around at the moment - an old elvis track "a little less conversation" souped up for the 21st century... i love it - it's fantastic/sublime/surreal/a joy to hear the king on contemporary radio sounding contemporary and it occurred to me that i would like to hear the stones given a similiar treatment... i do think, however, that "miss you" is a bad (and rather obvious) choice being post '77 its already got a "modern dance" feel about it... what would be more interesting, IMHO, is a remix on one of those soul numbers from out of our heads... i'm thinking "hitch hike" or "mercy mercy"

i await your torrents of outrage and abuse (good thing eggman isn't around - or maybe he's still lurking in the shadows - he'd really let me have it) tho i'm sure there are some of you who can see what i'm getting at...at least i hope so

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
06-18-02 08:14 AM
Sir Stonesalot Well, I'm not gonna let you have it. I see what you are saying....but I happen to think that the Rolling Stones songs, especially the older catalogue, are perfect the way they are. If you mess about with those tunes, all you will do is fuck them up. Better to just do an updated cover version, than to try to "modernize" the damn thing in a remix.

Brittany doing Satisfaction, Dr. Dre doing Miss You, what sacriledge is next! I am sharpening my broadsword......
06-18-02 08:17 AM
mattb I've liked all Stones remixes I have heard. This should be good too.
06-18-02 08:59 AM
stonedinaustralia thank you ss for your merciful understanding... and stop waving that thing around
06-18-02 09:15 AM
Lazy Bones Well, change is sometimes good..but when it heads along the road of lack-of-creativity (which is what the music industry now aims for) and talent in the traditional "band" sense, then it's of no use to me, imo.
If producers what to make sh*t with computers and mixers, go ahead, don't f*ck with material that generated sweat.
06-18-02 09:18 AM
mattb The Stones have put out their own remixes. Looks like they they disagree with your viewpoint.
06-18-02 09:32 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
mattb wrote:
The Stones have put out their own remixes. Looks like they they disagree with your viewpoint.

So...people should generate their opinions on actions and beliefs of others?
06-18-02 09:44 AM
Boomhauer Speaking of Austin Powers, don't you think the first movie was enough? I'm tired of this Fat Bastard and Mini Me shit! Mike Myers is talented, so he needs to think of some new damn ideas. I'd personally rather see a third Wayne's World.

BTW, it's good to see somebody is using a stones song for something. But why a remix of a song that is already got groove to it? what, did Dr.Dre add some more bass and does he have Snoop Dogg come in and sing with Mick?
06-18-02 05:25 PM
gypsy Why not just use the song as is? Like how they used CYHMK on the "Blow" soundtrack for example?
06-18-02 05:37 PM
stonedinaustralia now gypsy you've raised an interesting point... i watched blow the other night and unless my ears were deceiving me the CYHMK they used had had something done to it mix wise... in the intro usually its K's distorted riffs that dominate the sound... the track used in blow seemed like some reverese mix or something - MT's rythym guitar was way loud and to the fore while K's riffs sounded "tiny" and were right in back of the mix... are my ears deceiving me or did anyone else notice this too?

or could it be the soundtrack was in stereo and my VCR being mono only played one channel?

06-18-02 06:26 PM
gypsy I wouldn't know...cuz, I had to do some cola myself while watching that movie...
06-18-02 06:29 PM
Mr T some people are making too big a deal out of this. Yes, sampling sux, Dre sux I agree - artificial music blah blah blah. Personally, I'm willing to get over that - in fact, its the one thing in the movie I actually expect to be funny. (Nothing against Austin Powers - but the sequel was BAD!)
06-18-02 06:32 PM
gypsy Yes, it was. I was soooo sick of people saying "Get in my belly!" several months after the sequel was released...
06-18-02 06:45 PM
Mr T the first Austin Powers still makes me laught though
06-19-02 09:19 AM
Sir Stonesalot Gypsy!

I want to eat you baby! Get in my belly!
06-19-02 10:37 AM
jb Joey, don't be a hero, don't be a fool with your life, joey
don't be a hero, come back and make me your wife, and as he started to go, I said joey keep your head low, joey don't be a hero, come back to me!!!!!!!!!

ESPACIO PARA EL PADRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
06-21-02 02:23 PM
egon no matter how awful this dr. dre remix is going to be, it can never be as bad as;

saint of me - deep dish grunge garage mix
(no, i'm not making this up)
out of control - in hand with fluke
- in hand with fluke instrumental
- bi-polar at the controls(????????)
anybody seen my baby - armand's rolling steelo mix
- soul solution mix
you got me rocking - perfecto remix

all 'original' remixes as cd single 'b' sides.

i mean; DOES KEEF KNOW ABOUT THIS SHIT????

06-21-02 03:58 PM
Miss U. I'm looking forward to the movie and the soundtrack!!
The 2nd movie wasn't as good as the first, but I loved the soundtrack, and Mike Myers is hilarious.

If you don't like the remix just don't listen to it.
06-21-02 04:10 PM
padre Goddamnfuck. I can already hear this remix in my ears. Remember the remix of Staying Alive few years back? Imagine Miss You in the same mould. The disco beat with extra punch, falsetto hoo-hoo's and the bridge ('baby why you wait so long...') from the original, the verses rapped by Dr.Dre or somebody including some of the original lyrics with something new. And the people will go nuts over it. You'll never hear the original again in the bars. WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH YOU BOYS??
06-21-02 06:17 PM
Boomhauer Personally, I think the first Austin Powers was funny and I also thought that it was enough. The second movie was just hilariously unfunny. I mean, the third one will probably be worse. "Yeah, Baby!" and "let's shag" was ok the first time.

As far as the soundtrack, I would like to hear it because it has the Stones on it. But I won't buy it; maybe check it out at the library or something.

I really wish Mike Myers would do something else, or make another Wayne's World as I said before. maybe the Stones could be on it instead of Aerosmith, who was on the second one.
06-21-02 06:25 PM
Mr T not happening - Mike Myers and Dana Carvey are on bad terms

I'd rather see Myers in a movie that stepped away from spoofs & talking CG animals - something a little more like So I Married An Axe Murderer - but this Austin Powers series is really going to shit
06-23-02 05:37 AM
ElMocambo Well I think we don't need such remixes of the Stones. Remiyes of stones songs is for me anyway a contradiction in itself. It's kinda disco shit.

Miss you is not one of my favourites. But even this one is to worthy to be destroyed by Dr. Dre
06-23-02 11:38 PM
BILL PERKS MIXED EMOTIONS AND HARLEM SHUFFLE REMIXES WERE GOOD.FAT BASTARD SAID "FIRST THINGS FIRST,WHERE'S YOUR SHITTER?" AN IMMORTAL LINE IN MOVIE HISTORY.LOVE IS STRONG REMIX SUCKED!

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road