ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Welcome to the breakfast show!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 2003/4 uk tour. Return to archive
06-11-02 04:06 PM
oska hi anyone know anything about the smaller /theatre gigs in uk ? how are tickets likley to be sold? im desperate for this info so please help. its my wifes 40 th on aug 28 , 2003, it would be a dream come true for us!
also anybody seen 'the rollin stoned' tribute band ? they are awesome and a must see. for there gig guide. do a google search on the name.
06-11-02 04:15 PM
Stray Cat No news yet Oska. Lets hope the genuine U.K. fans get tickets to the smaller gigs this time,and I don't just mean in London !
06-11-02 06:14 PM
mattb Don't know how the smaller venue tickets will be sold there. They were just sold along with the stadiums and arena tickets here. Maybe they stopped the 'announcement on the radio' or just handing them out ideas. Time will tell.
06-17-02 03:20 PM
oska anyone got any info please?
06-17-02 03:26 PM
jb U.K. tour on hold due to Mad cow disease...
06-17-02 03:44 PM
oska please , useful replys only.
06-17-02 03:50 PM
jb Sorry, just kidding....The U.K. tour is scheduled for early 2005 and kicks off at Wembley Stadium just north of London..God save the Queen.
06-17-02 05:13 PM
swapwoodfortaylor Come on JB! Too much of the JB? The Rollin Stoned feature The Brian Jones from an old tribute band who were good until he left. Now they try hard....but miss Brian. By all accounts the Brian has made 'Rollin Stoned' THE tribute band. When I saw him with that old outfit I could not tell the dfference musically. Brian, (Rollin Stoned, now), was 'note perfect'. Red Rooster? Wow! I keep checking their website for gigs. They need to play The Great Dorset Steam Fair to push themselves.
06-17-02 05:52 PM
Honky Tonk Man Jb, Wembley is in London and the Stadium is no longer there. Jb knows the Stones are playing UK next year

Wales : Millenium Stadium
London: Earls Court (3 or 4 shows, cant remember)

Tghe club show is most likely going to be Shepards Bush Empire. A dump, but its the best place to see the band
06-17-02 06:04 PM
Scot Rocks and I WILL BE THERE

YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Mark
06-18-02 12:38 PM
jb Live from the West Bank, the Rolling stones..special appearences by Yassar Arafat, Ariel Sharon, and finale with 20 palestinian homicide bombers blowing themselves up in protest of Mick Taylor not playing.....Joey is a Beatles fan....space to the Poppa...
06-18-02 02:51 PM
oska ,thanks swapwoodfortaylor, honky tonk man,
but definatley NO THANKS to jb. what is your problem with great britain? politley put up or shut up!
meanwhile , useful contributions are very welcome.
06-18-02 03:56 PM
jb sORRY OSKA..JUST HAVING A LITTLE FUN...WE HERE IN AMERICA ARE VERY UPSET AT THE TOTAL LACK OF RESPECT THE STONES RECIEVE FROM THEIR BITHLAND...ANTWAY, TAKE A DEEP BREATH AND HAVE A GREAT TIME IF THEY DECIDE TO GO AHEAD WITH THE U.K. PART OF THE TOUR....GOD SAVE THE QUEEN ELTON
06-18-02 04:26 PM
Honky Tonk Man Im Jb is like this because he has'nt won any cases yet!! LOL. No seriously, if Jb did have a problem with THE ENGLISH then hed be having a problem with the Stones. And im sure Jbloves the Stones as much as all of us!!

Jb, you seem okay really, but where are you getting this bullshit about us not respecting the Stones from. I will have you know that the Stones only get giggled at in the lesser papers, and why would that be a problem anyway. And dont say things like "If the Stones decide to play UK" Of course they are going to play UK, theyre brittish and im sure Sir Mick is very proud of that now

Alex
06-18-02 04:37 PM
jb Helo Alex...I know you are a great stones fan(a nd a young onewhich is rare), but all kidding aside, even the most die hard English stones fan has to admit that the total lack of respect this band gets in England is shameful. They were not listed in the top 20 English band in a recent English poll, Mick voted #51! as top frontman in a band, no singles in the top ten in another poll, the list goes on and on...I respect you for having the courage to go against the masses in your country...you must be very brave to admit to people that you think the stones are #1...remember, although your country produced the stones, Zepplin, who...you also produced the Beatles, Spice Girls, Robbie Williams, Elton, Oasis....these are things not to be proud of... Regards-JB,E$q
06-18-02 04:47 PM
Honky Tonk Man Jb, you are right about those polls, i didnt think of that. But maybe that has more to do with the age group which was voting? i dont know. All im thinking about is seeing the Stones. Not long untill September really, but its dragging for me
06-19-02 03:43 PM
oska ok jb, lets get this right, beatles, oasis, e john, all terific, and the spice girls look terific,also robbie 's n
not that bad.
evryday there is extensive brit news coverage of mick, and the newspaper coverage/poll that u refer to is from a down market tabloid newspaper, and in no way reflects the average oppinion, compare if u will if a poll was carriedout by one of the down market yankee newspapers, such as nat enquirer, or similar, who would there readers vote for? britney spears or worse?
so come on get real, and take some polls with a pinch of salt, in great britain we have a far more diverse newspaper spread than america, regards steve [oska]
06-19-02 03:53 PM
Scot Rocks From the list given, exclude Robbie Williams and Spice Girls as decent exports and add Clapton. Also our Music coverage over here is populist and narrow. As we are a smaller country with less audiance, we don't have as a diverse output in the media as in the States. We have no classic rock or rock radio stations at all so if you want to look for the Stones you have to find out for yourself.

Mark
06-19-02 08:36 PM
complicated jb

your post regarding the west bank, etc. is rude, trashy and ignorant.

it is not very polite to joke about such serious issues and it is awful to mix it up with the stones...period.
06-20-02 10:38 AM
jb Complicated-please refrain from posting on this site any further...you are not welcomed!
06-20-02 02:32 PM
Stray Cat Unfortunately, I think jb is correct about the GENERAL, British attitude towards the Stones.
I've even been at gigs and heard them getting slagged off by the audience!!! NO respect.As for the British press,all they can manage is to ridicule Mick's private life and his recent knighthood.
06-20-02 09:21 PM
Scot Rocks Jb and everyone here is an illustration of the bad and the downright ugly of the pathetic music industry of the UK today. However the last word gives us hope...

A Blind Date contestant has gone on a romantic cruise with Duncan James from her favourite band, Blue.
Sally Bradbury was unaware the entire group were behind the famous screen.

Cilla Black told her a change in the format meant there were four instead of three boys to choose from.

When the screen went back to reveal her choice, Sally hugged and kissed Duncan.

Blue were appearing in a special celebrity version of Blind Date.

Viewers will be able to see how their date went in the first of the new series on ITV1 in the autumn.

Sally, who is studying law and Italian at Plymouth University, had told Cilla she was on the programme because she had never been in love or had a relationship.

Now she is on a catamaran cruise in Spain with 23-year-old Duncan, though a Blind Date spokesman says the exact location is a secret.

Sally's father Peter, who lives in Plymouth, said: "Sally is out of the country at the moment and is obviously enjoying herself."

He admitted he had never heard of Blue, adding: "I am a Rolling Stones man myself."

(posted by)
Mark - a hardcore Stones fan from across the pond
06-21-02 04:04 PM
oska anymore info plz?

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road