ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Estadio José Alvalade XXI, Lisbon 25th June 2007
© GotToRollMe and Gazza
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: college here I come! Return to archive
22nd June 2007 12:16 AM
mrhipfl So a new major Chapter in my life is starting. That's right, mrhipfl's goin' to college! I'm leaving on Saturday. Taking history of rock n' roll music during the summer semester and enjoyment of music during the fall. who woulda thought those would be college courses? Also takin' micro and macro economics, college algebra, computer fundamentals for business, and some other stuff. I'm majoring in marketing. So how was college for you guys? Is it as fun as everyone says it is?
22nd June 2007 01:42 AM
Jacobesque I just graduated college this year. It isn't just a huge party like some movies make it out to be...make friends, go to some parties...if a girl sleeps with you she probably slept with half the guys on campus.

Get good grades your first year and the rest is gravy...
22nd June 2007 02:29 AM
sirmoonie Expect hard times with money, work very hard, fear nothing, and deserve victory.

Treat women right always. That simple rule, you will have lots of sex.

Drop the gay-ass marketing major. WTF?

Than me later, Spuds.
22nd June 2007 02:46 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Jacobesque wrote:
I just graduated college this year. It isn't just a huge party like some movies make it out to be...make friends, go to some parties...if a girl sleeps with you she probably slept with half the guys on campus.

Get good grades your first year and the rest is gravy...

You will go very far in life, goober. If your dad is already president, I recommed you take a shot at it too.
22nd June 2007 05:45 AM
corgi37 I have never trusted any prick with higher education.
22nd June 2007 07:23 AM
Voodoo Scrounge
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I have never trusted any prick with higher education.

May I ask what you do for a living Corgi?
22nd June 2007 07:55 AM
charlotte may I ask what college?
22nd June 2007 11:20 AM
mrhipfl University of Central Florida
22nd June 2007 11:34 AM
voodoopug I had a good time in college, sometimes too good a time. It was fun and got me in the door with the current profession I am in, but in all honesty, other than the mathematics (converting international Currency mainly), I use none of what I learned in college other than the necessity to get to appointments on time and micro/macro manage time efficiently.
22nd June 2007 03:51 PM
mojoman Mr. Blu - MR. BLUTARSKY... ZERO POINT ZERO
22nd June 2007 03:52 PM
tumbled
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
University of Central Florida

if you change your major to phys ed at that school and you have at least average intelligence you could get summa cum laude... would be my recommendation.

in that location, no money can be accumulated from a part-time job so dont' waste your time. Also it rains every day for exactly 1/2 hour at approximately 4:00 be prepared. i.e., don't carry your architecture project on the back of your bike to final exam at that time. also, there are huge crocodiles that hide behind bushes in central florida, by running in a zig zag pattern you may be able to escape being eaten alive also there are lots of sinkholes to fall into... one of them being the out of state tuition scam be forewarned and best of luck
22nd June 2007 04:16 PM
Joey
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
So a new major Chapter in my life is starting. That's right, mrhipfl's goin' to college! I'm leaving on Saturday. Taking history of rock n' roll music during the summer semester and enjoyment of music during the fall. who woulda thought those would be college courses? Also takin' micro and macro economics, college algebra, computer fundamentals for business, and some other stuff. I'm majoring in marketing. So how was college for you guys? Is it as fun as everyone says it is?

1. ) Major is something you LIKE ( it is the only way to get through ......your young Joey had a double major in Psychology / Political Science -- He LOVED both ) .

2. ) Join a Fraternity -- they have all the tests .

3. ) Drink plenty of beer and smoke TONS of weed .

4. ) Condoms .... Condoms .... Condoms !!!!!

5. ) If you have the unfortunate experience of getting a young woman pregnant , please do the right thing and have your father pay for the abortion ( .. please do not make her parents pay for it -- it is not very ' gentlemanly ' )

6. ) Always remember -- once you have that degree they can NEVER take it from you !!!

J. " Snuggles " Fly !
22nd June 2007 04:21 PM
gimmekeef Best of Luck with college ..and all that follows..Enjoy it while you can and make the best of the opportunity...My first week of college the band playin at out arena/gym was Ike & Tina Turner....just a warm up for my first college summer vacation when I toured around 1972 variuos points witha lil band called The Rolling Stones...
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)