ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Estadio José Alvalade XXI, Lisbon 25th June 2007
© GotToRollMe and Gazza
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: (NSC) THE POLICE AT STAPLES CENTER LAST NIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
21st June 2007 03:36 PM
Dan
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I am told that Gwar was in their prime during the 1994 tour, but was basically just trotting out their warhorses during the 2006 tour with only a fraction of emotion as that legendary 94 tour.

BTW, Dan, thanks for uploading some shows onto Dime, I grabbed one of them yesterday.

Cool, lemme guess it was this one because of the Stones mention?

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=151218&hit=1

Dime has changed my life like nothing else except for possibly gainful employment.
21st June 2007 03:37 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
If it was reasonable, I'd have paid it. But I think they want $135 or something & it wasn't liek I doubleparked. Next time I go to Chi-town I will have to take the bus!

I got a parking ticket in Champaign about 8 years ago...it was for $4....I paid it just so I could say I paid a Four dollar ticket.
21st June 2007 03:40 PM
Dan
quote:
glencar wrote:
If it was reasonable, I'd have paid it. But I think they want $135 or something & it wasn't liek I doubleparked. Next time I go to Chi-town I will have to take the bus!

I had no problem getting around without a car. I was probably better off since I couldn't have made it from Soldier Field to the Empty Bottle in 30 mins if that was my mode of transportation.
21st June 2007 03:47 PM
glencar You were in Chicago & didn't try to get together with the rest of us????
21st June 2007 03:52 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
You were in Chicago & didn't try to get together with the rest of us????

See: Gwar pre-party
21st June 2007 03:56 PM
Dan
quote:
glencar wrote:
You were in Chicago & didn't try to get together with the rest of us????

This was in 1997 and I didn't have internet. I bought a ticket for the first show during the layover at the airport in Las Vegas. I ran out of the 2nd show,down the street and into a cab to the Empty Bottle for the Kelley Deal 6000 and made it just as she hit the stage at midnight.
21st June 2007 04:06 PM
glencar oh 1997, well that explains it. Even though we might think your on-line persona is weird, I hope you meet up with the gang if given the chance. Despite our occasional flare-ups, most of us are quite interesting & pleasant people.
21st June 2007 04:09 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
oh 1997, well that explains it. Even though we might think your on-line persona is weird, I hope you meet up with the gang if given the chance. Despite our occasional flare-ups, most of us are quite interesting & pleasant people.

agreed, for the most part (see: Tele) we all get along when paths cross away from the board.
21st June 2007 04:12 PM
glencar We got along with Tele up until the no pay part. It turns out his dignity was the cheapest thing about him.
21st June 2007 04:14 PM
Dan
quote:
glencar wrote:
oh 1997, well that explains it. Even though we might think your on-line persona is weird, I hope you meet up with the gang if given the chance. Despite our occasional flare-ups, most of us are quite interesting & pleasant people.

My online persona is pretty much "the real me!" I have met a bunch of people from this board.
21st June 2007 04:17 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Dan wrote:

My online persona is pretty much "the real me!" I have met a bunch of people from this board.

at first I would have been hesitant to greet you (See: Constant Public Urination), but you kind of have grown on me (See: Paris' pee pee) and I commend the efforts you make to see live music at very little cost.
21st June 2007 04:26 PM
Dan
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

at first I would have been hesitant to greet you (See: Constant Public Urination), but you kind of have grown on me (See: Paris' pee pee) and I commend the efforts you make to see live music at very little cost.

The public urination and resulting self humiliation is only due to my dedication to bringing the best live recordings to the archiving community. The only thing I did in poor taste was mentioning it publicly. Sometimes it's best for the unsuspecting public to not know how we work our magic and do what we do to bring them the recordings they crave.

Lately I found success in limiting my intake of fluids prior to the show but it's not the kind of thing I can guarantee against in the future.
21st June 2007 04:28 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Dan wrote:

The public urination and resulting self humiliation is only due to my dedication to bringing the best live recordings to the archiving community. The only thing I did in poor taste was mentioning it publicly. Sometimes it's best for the unsuspecting public to not know how we work our magic and do what we do to bring them the recordings they crave.

Lately I found success in limiting my intake of fluids prior to the show but it's not the kind of thing I can guarantee against in the future.

you must remember, I did not judge, only attempted to guide you into a more successful future. Thanks for the recordings!
21st June 2007 05:39 PM
fireontheplatter walking on the moon

some may say..wishing my days away..no way..may as well play.

how fucking brillient is that?
21st June 2007 05:41 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
walking on the moon

some may say..wishing my days away..no way..may as well play.

how fucking brillient is that?

oh yeah its up there with "the awful truth is awful sad I must admit I was awful bad"
21st June 2007 06:09 PM
gimmekeef I had a chance to see The Police once....but the search warrant was invalid.....
21st June 2007 06:24 PM
glencar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

oh yeah its up there with "the awful truth is awful sad I must admit I was awful bad"

I love the way Mick delivers that line so that makes up for the clumsy lyric.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)