ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Estadio José Alvalade XXI, Lisbon 25th June 2007
© GotToRollMe and Gazza
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: (NSC) THE POLICE AT STAPLES CENTER LAST NIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
21st June 2007 02:32 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Welcome back my baby Joeykins!!!!

BEST JOEY EVER!!

Hello Baby Pug !!!!

21st June 2007 02:33 PM
Dan
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Roxanne played with gusto, or, the lame-o version of the Grammys?

It was lame.
21st June 2007 02:36 PM
Joey " It was lame. "

21st June 2007 02:37 PM
Dan
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

William Shatner: You know, there's something I wanted to say. Having received all your letters over the years, and I've spoken to many of you, and some of you have traveled... y'know... hundreds of miles to be here, I'd just like to say... GET A LIFE, will you Dan? I mean, for crying out loud! I mean, look at you, Dan, look at the way you're dressed! You've turned an enjoyable little job, that I did as a lark for a few years, into a COLOSSAL WASTE OF TIME!

[ a crowd of shocked and dismayed Trekkies.... ]

I mean, how old are you people? What have you done with yourselves?

[ to "Dan" ] You, you must be almost 30... have you ever kissed a girl?

[ "Dan" hangs his head ]

Yeah, real funny on a message board dedicated to the musical equivalent of Trekkies. I think the only other gig I saw less chicks at was the Black Crowes. They all bailed after Oasis which is probably what I should have done.
21st June 2007 02:37 PM
pdog
quote:
Dan wrote:
It was okay. Any questions?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
21st June 2007 02:43 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Dan wrote:
They all bailed after Oasis which is probably what I should have done.

What a valuable lesson you learned. Now next time you'll know to try and catch the early bus and avoid the embarassment of having to call your mom again for a ride home.

[Edited by Saint Sway]
21st June 2007 02:51 PM
pdog A Police fan?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
21st June 2007 02:56 PM
glencar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

What a valuable lesson you learned. Now next time you'll know to try and catch the early bus and avoid the embarassment of having to call your mom again for a ride home.

[Edited by Saint Sway]

Or offering blow jobs for rides home...
21st June 2007 02:59 PM
Dan
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

You must really enjoy traffic and spending $20 on parking, live in the sticks or just not smart enough to know any better. I was home last night before some people I know ever made it out of the neighborhood.
21st June 2007 03:04 PM
Joey

I just took my afternoon shit and I am now , quite literally , twenty pounds lighter .

In fact , with your indulgence , I would like to Dance like a Clown for everyone here today .

" I LOVE THE NIGHTLIFE "

" Please don't talk about love tonight.
Please don't talk about sweet love.
Please don't talk about being true
and all the trouble we've been through.
Ah, please don't talk about all of the plans
we had for fixin' this broken romance.
I want to go where the people dance.
I want some action ... I want to live!

Action ... I got so much to give.
I want to give it. I want to get some too......

****** JOEY GETS UP FROM HIS DESK AND BEGINS TO DANCE *******

Oh, I ... Ohhh I ... I love the nightlife,
I got to boogie on the disco 'round, oh yea.
Oh, I love the night life,

Please don't talk about love tonight.
Your sweet talking won't make it right.
Love and lies just bring me down
when you've got women all over town.
You can love them all and when you're through,
maybe that'll make, huh, a man out of you.
I got to go where the people dance.
I want some action ... I want to live!

Action ... I got so much to give.
I want to give it. I want to get some too.....

****** JOEY GETS UP FROM HIS DESK AND BEGINS TO DANCE *******

Oh, I ... Ohhh I ... I love the nightlife,

I love the night life,

Baby Joe !

21st June 2007 03:05 PM
Dan
quote:
glencar wrote:

Nah, around here that's what people do to the parking attendents to keep a good eye on their precious wheels.
21st June 2007 03:07 PM
pdog I saw Roger Waters the other night, never considered seeing The Police. I made the right choice...
21st June 2007 03:08 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:

LOL!

thats really funny until you realise that Dan blew THIS GUY:

no wait...

THATS EVEN FUNNIER!!!!
21st June 2007 03:08 PM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:
I saw Roger Waters the other night, never considered seeing The Police. I made the right choice...

I saw Roger Waters last year. It was kinda lame, but that was probably more the choice of venue (Hollywood Bowl) and severe noise restrictions.
21st June 2007 03:17 PM
pdog
quote:
Dan wrote:

I saw Roger Waters last year. It was kinda lame, but that was probably more the choice of venue (Hollywood Bowl) and severe noise restrictions.

It was in the Oakland arena, I was right next to the board... Sound was perfect nd the visual aspects were worth going... He did a great show... I like sloppy stuff, but I wanted to see some form of Floyd at least once, so I'm glad I went...
I had some folks around me who were pretty high, they were cool. It was interesting seeing their reactions... must've been shrooms.... I think I got a freebie too, there was so much weed being smoked in there...
21st June 2007 03:19 PM
glencar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

LOL!

thats really funny until you realise that Dan blew THIS GUY:

no wait...

THATS EVEN FUNNIER!!!!

I just hope a condom was used!
21st June 2007 03:21 PM
Dan Jeez, that's an awful lot of homo-erotic projection from the usual suspects. About time you two got a room.
21st June 2007 03:25 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Dan wrote:
Jeez, that's an awful lot of homo-erotic projection

yeah.... and how many Gwar shows have you been to??!!?
21st June 2007 03:25 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Dan wrote:

You must really enjoy traffic and spending $20 on parking, live in the sticks or just not smart enough to know any better. I was home last night before some people I know ever made it out of the neighborhood.

I once spent $40 for parking....it was fantastic!!!!
21st June 2007 03:29 PM
Dan
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Hollywood Palladium 1994 with the Dickies and the Ex-Cops and 2006 at the House Of Blues.
21st June 2007 03:30 PM
glencar
quote:
Dan wrote:
Jeez, that's an awful lot of homo-erotic projection from the usual suspects. About time you two got a room.

Lighten up, Mary Alice.
21st June 2007 03:30 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I saw them at least 6 times in the 80's... In the 80's everyone was experimenting...

i just realized, my first show was The Stones in 1981, and i saw them close out the 1989 tour in AC, right before Xmas. Making The Stones bookends for the 80's.... I saw many bands in between, and some of the best, coolest, and stuff that changed the face of rock and as we know it today... This makes me one of the coolest motherfuckers in the world right now... I'm basking in ti, because in 5 minutes I will just be a hopeless idiot typing on a computer.
21st June 2007 03:31 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Dan wrote:

Hollywood Palladium 1994 with the Dickies and the Ex-Cops and 2006 at the House Of Blues.

I am told that Gwar was in their prime during the 1994 tour, but was basically just trotting out their warhorses during the 2006 tour with only a fraction of emotion as that legendary 94 tour.

BTW, Dan, thanks for uploading some shows onto Dime, I grabbed one of them yesterday.
21st June 2007 03:32 PM
glencar
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I still get phone calls for that parking ticket earned outside your gig back in 2005. There's no chance I'll pay it, of course.
21st June 2007 03:33 PM
voodoopug
quote:
pdog wrote:

I saw them at least 6 times in the 80's... In the 80's everyone was experimenting...

i just realized, my first show was The Stones in 1981, and i saw them close out the 1989 tour in AC, right before Xmas. Making The Stones bookends for the 80's.... I saw many bands in between, and some of the best, coolest, and stuff that changed the face of rock and as we know it today... This makes me one of the coolest motherfuckers in the world right now... I'm basking in ti, because in 5 minutes I will just be a hopeless idiot typing on a computer.

My first and last shows of the 80's were the stones as well, but I was VERY young at my first stones show, so I didnt see many shows in between.

I loose my sense of cool every time I go home from work and have to change one of the kids diapers...it happens.
21st June 2007 03:33 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
I still get phone calls for that parking ticket earned outside your gig back in 2005. There's no chance I'll pay it, of course.

Funny, there was an article in the Sun Times about unpaid parking tickets and I thought of you.
21st June 2007 03:34 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

Hopeless idiots abound...
21st June 2007 03:35 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Yes. We've all heard your night at the Bon Jovi concert story.
21st June 2007 03:35 PM
glencar
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Funny, there was an article in the Sun Times about unpaid parking tickets and I thought of you.

If it was reasonable, I'd have paid it. But I think they want $135 or something & it wasn't liek I doubleparked. Next time I go to Chi-town I will have to take the bus!
21st June 2007 03:36 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Hopeless idiots abound...

Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)