ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Estadio José Alvalade XXI, Lisbon 25th June 2007
© GotToRollMe and Gazza
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rod And Stones on same stage? Return to archive
21st June 2007 01:04 AM
ohnonot youagain Wouldn't it be great if Rod opened for the Stones London show but the timing is off. He's in England in June and the Stones in August.
21st June 2007 01:29 AM
LoveinVainRonnie
quote:
ohnonot youagain wrote:
Wouldn't it be great if Rod opened for the Stones London show but the timing is off. He's in England in June and the Stones in August.

That would be pretty great. If Rod were to do that I'd recommend him to sing any Faces, and 1969 to 1978 era stuff...I like most anything Rod, but when paired with the Stones he'd have to bring his A game rocking material, and leave the standards and recent covers behind.

I read awhile ago that Ronnie had a fight or something with Rod, was it only a joke or is it still going on?

I am still pretty upset the Ronnie/Rod project is a no go.

Could you imagine a Rod/Mick duet...
[Edited by LoveinVainRonnie]
21st June 2007 09:28 AM
voodoopug
quote:
LoveinVainRonnie wrote:

That would be pretty great. If Rod were to do that I'd recommend him to sing any Faces, and 1969 to 1978 era stuff...I like most anything Rod, but when paired with the Stones he'd have to bring his A game rocking material, and leave the standards and recent covers behind.

I read awhile ago that Ronnie had a fight or something with Rod, was it only a joke or is it still going on?

I am still pretty upset the Ronnie/Rod project is a no go.

Could you imagine a Rod/Mick duet...
[Edited by LoveinVainRonnie]

I really feel that Duets detract from the concert. The only time I like guest players is typically guitar players, particularly blues players. Buddy Guy always works well with the Stones and I enjoyed Hubert Sumlin playing on Let it Bleed with them in NYC during the Licks tour. The only vocal duets I have truly enjoyed is Willie Nelson singing with Keith on Dead Flowers at Willie's TV broadcast show and to a slight extent I enjoyed Eddie Vedder doing Wild Horses. But, as SSA pointed out, Wild Horses is not meant as a duet and that song in particular didnt work much when the mic is shared. I am a big Pearl Jam fan, so most of my enjoyment came from seeing my two favorite front men working together.

The way I see it, every time a guest vocalist joins the stones, it subtracts a song from the setlist that I usually would rather hear. Take this into account when the band is playing a cover tune in their set already and the number of "rarities" goes down significantly to one or two.
21st June 2007 10:56 AM
Saint Sway I dont know what you're talking about, but this looks like it was awesome.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)