ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Estadio José Alvalade XXI, Lisbon 25th June 2007
© GotToRollMe and Gazza
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Steel Wheels outtakes Return to archive
20th June 2007 02:42 PM
badattitude Having just found this excellent site, anyone aware of out takes from Steel Wheels?

Beware of suds
20th June 2007 02:42 PM
Gazza Yes - and they were first circulated here on our torrent site almost a year ago!

Maybe theyre still on the tracker...
20th June 2007 02:58 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Yes - and they were first circulated here on our torrent site almost a year ago!

A great day in the history of Rocks Off.
20th June 2007 03:00 PM
glencar Very pleasurable...
23rd June 2007 09:01 AM
Quiquestone
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Yes - and they were first circulated here on our torrent site almost a year ago!

THAT was THE TORRENT of 2006!!!!
Long Life RO!!!!
23rd June 2007 09:15 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

We rule!
By the way, if they're not still on the tracker I'll reseed them next week.
23rd June 2007 09:43 AM
fireontheplatter this is on my list

what are some of the names of the songs?
23rd June 2007 10:00 AM
Gazza
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

We rule!
By the way, if they're not still on the tracker I'll reseed them next week.

Where from? Madrid?
23rd June 2007 10:01 AM
Gazza
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
this is on my list

what are some of the names of the songs?

Same as whats on the album, plus a b-side or two and an instrumental. Just alternate versions
23rd June 2007 10:11 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Same as whats on the album, plus a b-side or two and an instrumental. Just alternate versions

Very interesting alternative versions, in some cases. "Hold Onto Your Hat," for example. I'm pretty sure it's the same take as what's on the record - but with Chuck's boogie-woogie piano track and without the overdrive/distortion that, I'm guessing, was added to the guitar tracks via the mixing console... It's nearly a different song.
23rd June 2007 10:25 AM
Gazza yeah..some of the songs are early takes (Almost hear you Sigh, with keith on a guide vocal), some are a bit longer or remixed, etc. The title of the material was "Steel wheels monitor mixes"

Obviously some of the alternate takes arent finished, but in general I prefer the mix on them as they have a harder, rawer edge than the 'cleaned' up released versions

All very kindly circulated and torrented by a guy who was close to the late Chuch Magee, I believe.

If he's reading this, it was greatly appreciated. Maybe he'll treat us to some more from the 'archives' sometime
23rd June 2007 10:35 AM
Nellcote I recall that story Gazza, about the chap passing on, as well as the possible trove of gems which are lying somewhere....I hope I live long enough to see these....
23rd June 2007 11:38 AM
mrhipfl "precious love" is a real gem.
23rd June 2007 01:08 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Gazza wrote:
yeah..some of the songs are early takes (Almost hear you Sigh, with keith on a guide vocal), some are a bit longer or remixed, etc. The title of the material was "Steel wheels monitor mixes"

Obviously some of the alternate takes arent finished, but in general I prefer the mix on them as they have a harder, rawer edge than the 'cleaned' up released versions

All very kindly circulated and torrented by a guy who was close to the late Chuch Magee, I believe.

If he's reading this, it was greatly appreciated. Maybe he'll treat us to some more from the 'archives' sometime

Gazza, is this still available online ?
23rd June 2007 01:47 PM
Gazza not at present. see gottorollme's post, though. She'e en route to Europe tonight, though, so she wont be back for a week.

D'oh! How could I overlook the gem that is the Stones' cover of "For Your Precious Love"
[Edited by Gazza]
23rd June 2007 01:47 PM
Erik_Snow
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Very interesting alternative versions, in some cases. "Hold Onto Your Hat," for example. I'm pretty sure it's the same take as what's on the record - but with Chuck's boogie-woogie piano track and without the overdrive/distortion that, I'm guessing, was added to the guitar tracks via the mixing console... It's nearly a different song.

Yes, they're nearly different songs.
Hold On To Your Hat, Terrifying and Hearts For Sale are 3 songs that didn't do it for me, before hearing the Steel Wheels outtakes
Those songs lost the whole feel at the official product - especially Ronnie's terrific guitarwork was both turned down and edited before release - together with the fact that the sound/mix was butchered.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)