ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Estadio José Alvalade XXI, Lisbon 25th June 2007
© GotToRollMe and Gazza
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Woody showed us up.....from Ian Return to archive
19th June 2007 08:51 PM
IanBillen
Remember all the talk, this time out especially on how Woody was finished. Many even went as far as to say he would be dead in a relatively short period of time LOL ! What a crock eh ?

I said it then and I say it now. The dude ain't gonna fall over and die on us. Yikes.

Now after seeing the recent DVD's many agree that this is Woody stronger than he has been in really quite a while.

He's fine. Not only did the dude not keel over and croak.... he played his ass off this tour.

Nice Job Woody!

Ian
19th June 2007 08:55 PM
mrhipfl I agree.
I got a question though, why do you always put "....from Ian" in the thread title? I mean, it says your username right next to the title anyways...
19th June 2007 09:29 PM
glencar Don't fear the reaper...from glencar!
19th June 2007 11:00 PM
IanBillen
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
I agree.
I got a question though, why do you always put "....from Ian" in the thread title? I mean, it says your username right next to the title anyways...

Well at first I used to do it because I never gave it any thought that in fact the person who actually started the thread would be listed regardless. I just did it and for the most part and let that part escape me.

Then: Many folks here used to give it too me real bad back then for almost anything I used to post (they still do but I did get a little more respect earned from folks since then, and even gained a few compadres).

When they seen this it BUGGED the shit out of them. So then it sort of was my way of irrittating people even more who were very much irritatted at me already. Whenever they asked about it I may of told them....I just do it to push your buttons..............But nobody was as kind enough to ask in the way you did.

So I kept doing it. After a while it became a sort of trade mark for me around here.

And yes, it still irritates people a bit even though I have been doing it for years lol

So there it is

.....from Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
20th June 2007 12:05 AM
Zack Ian . . .

We're only like, three shows into the tour. You're talking like it's over already. They've still got to extend the tour to Asia and do a show in Bangkok, which is of course a sure thing.
20th June 2007 12:08 AM
Some Guy
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

Well at first I used to do it because I never gave it any thought that in fact the person who actually started the thread would be listed regardless. I just did it and for the most part and let that part escape me.

Then: Many folks here used to give it too me real bad back then for almost anything I used to post (they still do but I did get a little more respect earned from folks since then, and even gained a few compadres).

When they seen this it BUGGED the shit out of them. So then it sort of was my way of irrittating people even more who were very much irritatted at me already. Whenever they asked about it I may of told them....I just do it to push your buttons..............But nobody was as kind enough to ask in the way you did.

So I kept doing it. After a while it became a sort of trade mark for me around here.

And yes, it still irritates people a bit even though I have been doing it for years lol

So there it is

.....from Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]

Sorta like BILL PERKS.
20th June 2007 12:46 AM
mrhipfl sweet, thanks for the info Ian.
20th June 2007 01:07 AM
IanBillen
quote:
Zack wrote:
Ian . . .

We're only like, three shows into the tour. You're talking like it's over already. They've still got to extend the tour to Asia and do a show in Bangkok, which is of course a sure thing.

Zack- The tour is like two years old... This is still part of ABB which started like two years back as you already know. Whatever Ronnie does from here on out isn't the point. The point is yes, he is in fine shape to perform, No he isn't on his dath bed, and yes, he has proved it tremendously these past couple of years and should not be counted out in the future as he was before this tour started based on what the guy delivered time and time again on this long treck.

What eles can you ask of the guy?

Ian
20th June 2007 02:36 AM
pdog Whenever I see Ronnie, I realize we are all mortal...
Whenever I see Keith, I realize there's an exception.
Whenever I see Mick, I realize my wallet is lite.
Whenever I see Charlie, I just don't give a shit anymore!
20th June 2007 04:07 AM
Zack I am on my dath bed.
20th June 2007 05:02 AM
F505 Ronnie's playing is a joke for many years now. The man can't play the guitar anymore. Once in a while he may have an upsurge but for more than 30 years he lies down on the job. And he can't paint either.
20th June 2007 05:16 AM
pdog
quote:
F505 wrote:
Ronnie's playing is a joke for many years now. The man can't play the guitar anymore. Once in a while he may have an upsurge but for more than 30 years he lies down on the job. And he can't paint either.

Ronnie is an artist, unlike Macca and Bono, who are posting here all the time...

20th June 2007 07:30 AM
Gazza
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

Remember all the talk, this time out especially on how Woody was finished. Many even went as far as to say he would be dead in a relatively short period of time LOL ! What a crock eh ?

Its not "a crock" of anything. He's publicly admitted himself several times that he's been told by doctors that unless he changes his lifestyle (namely smoking and drinking), it will kill him.

And he still does both intermittently - hence the concern when he does.

Read the interview with him in a recent 'Uncut', and you'll see that even during this current tour (last summer) he was still having severe problems. He's far from out of the woods yet (no pun intended) and it's quite obviously a day to day thing with him.

It's great to read (and hear) that he's playing so well at the minute, but I wouldnt get too complacent about it.
20th June 2007 01:22 PM
Jumacfly Ronnie was in fine form at Lyon guys, which means 70% playing, 20% waving and 10% having fun with Keef.
Of course we all want him to play more, but he's in better shape than on the BTB or Licks tours...We ll probably have a great Ronnie in 2012

Seems the global sound is more guitar driven on this tour, Chuck and the clowns are lower in the mix and it works quite fine, even if 1981 is definitely over...

He did a surprising stacatto on his "Dice" solo, was good on "she's so cold" and sometimes nicelly filled the Keef blanks...Oh, and like the whole band, was brilliant on JJF!!
20th June 2007 02:09 PM
glencar Thanks for the report, Ju! It's about time someone posted rationally on this thread. I think the idioticIanBillen brings out the worst in all of us.
21st June 2007 12:22 AM
IanBillen
quote:
Zack wrote:
I am on my dath bed.

LOL you know I seen that before I scrolled down and seen your response and I thought, ....geez I had a good solid post and that blunder made the post and me look stupid now. lol

Ian
21st June 2007 12:24 AM
IanBillen
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Its not "a crock" of anything. He's publicly admitted himself several times that he's been told by doctors that unless he changes his lifestyle (namely smoking and drinking), it will kill him.

And he still does both intermittently - hence the concern when he does.

Read the interview with him in a recent 'Uncut', and you'll see that even during this current tour (last summer) he was still having severe problems. He's far from out of the woods yet (no pun intended) and it's quite obviously a day to day thing with him.

It's great to read (and hear) that he's playing so well at the minute, but I wouldnt get too complacent about it.

"hes not out of the woods yet" ....why not have pun. Hell that is one heck of a line!

LMOA

Ian
21st June 2007 08:23 AM
Zack
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

LMOA

Laughing your off ass? Is that like talking out of it?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)