ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Estadio José Alvalade XXI, Lisbon 25th June 2007
© GotToRollMe and Gazza
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jagger's father leaves rock star nothing in will Return to archive
17th June 2007 08:06 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Jagger's father leaves rock star nothing in will

By DANIEL BOFFEY
16th June 2007
Daily Mail

Every father hopes to leave their son some savings when they die. But when your son is multi-millionaire Rolling Stone singer Sir Mick Jagger it does not seem appropriate.

Instead, Joe Jagger, who died in November last year at the age of 93, left almost everything to Mick's younger brother Chris, 59, whose career as a musician has never hit the same heights.

Despite not receiving a penny, Mick, 63 - who is worth a reported £215million - was made executor of his father's £253,000 estate.

Payments of £300 were bequeathed to 16 other people - chiefly his grandchildren, including Jade, Elizabeth, James and Gabriel, probate documents have revealed.

Joe, whose real first name was Basil, died of pneumonia in Kingston, South-West London, after a fall at his Surrey home.

Mr Jagger Snr, who famously disapproved of his son's decision to quit the London School of Economics for a risky career in music, came from a strict non-drinking Baptist family.

He was an assistant schoolmaster working in Dartford, Kent, when in 1940 he married Australian-born hairdresser Eva. Joe moved the family to a detached house in the Kent village of Wilmington and became a director of physical education at the local college. He also worked with the British Sports Council, where he was a pioneer of the British basketball movement.

He coached the sport at Dartford Grammar School, too, where his eldest son was a pupil. "Mick could have been a great athlete,' said Joe, many years after his son had become internationally famous for his on-stage performances.

"He was excellent at basketball and cricket but he didn't want to be tied down with practice."

Joe's wife died in 2000 of heart failure. Three years later he proudly attended Sir Mick's investiture at Buckingham Palace.

Musical fortune has been somewhat different for Chris, who lives in Somerset with his wife Kari-Ann and fronts a band called Atcha!

But Sir Mick last month joined his brother on stage when the band played a riverside pub in Barnes, South-West London, and the Rolling Stone had been visiting ex-wife Jerry Hall in nearby Richmond.

Family man: Joe and Eva with Chris and his wife Karl-Ann in the Eighties

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
17th June 2007 11:08 AM
gimmekeef I'm sure Mick will get some personal effects that he treasures from his Dad.The money...well?...with what we shell out...he'll get by
17th June 2007 11:16 AM
fireontheplatter mick and his brother looked so much alike back in the day..i think.

not so much anymore tho.

17th June 2007 02:37 PM
pdog just put Micks wig on Chris, you'll see the resemblence...
17th June 2007 05:04 PM
texile i think its admirable that mick didn't get anything...
as the executor of his father's will, i imagine jagger had some say in not recieving anything.
except as a romantic partner, mick can be a classy guy in his personal life.
17th June 2007 09:35 PM
The jinn, my friend. Good God! Why was Mick's father so broke?
18th June 2007 03:19 AM
tumbled
quote:
The jinn, my friend. wrote:
Good God! Why was Mick's father so broke?

try and live to 90 on a teacher's salary !
18th June 2007 07:00 AM
corgi37 Told ya Jagger is half Aussie.

No doubt, the good half.
18th June 2007 11:54 AM
Mel Belli Good to know my man CJ will be taken care of.
18th June 2007 12:18 PM
jostorm I think that it's stated in British inheritance law that if you are the executor of someone's will, then by definition you are not getting anything left to you in the will you are executing...
18th June 2007 02:08 PM
Gazza
quote:
tumbled wrote:

Post of the week...LOL
18th June 2007 04:29 PM
JaggerLips Mick probably got some family heirlooms, sure he would have got something to that effect. Leaving him money would be daft to say the least.
Joe Jagger you did good. Doubt Mick took it personally.
18th June 2007 04:32 PM
Gazza Maybe Mick got the house. He's been looking for a new one around London for about five years now.
18th June 2007 04:36 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Maybe Mick got the house. He's been looking for a new one around London for about five years now.

Ha. Is the tear-down phenomenon as rampant there as it is in some parts of the States?
18th June 2007 04:37 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Maybe Mick got the house. He's been looking for a new one around London for about five years now.

You'd think multi millionaire Sir Mick Jagger would be able to buy himself a house in London? Jeez I know house prices keep rising and rising but come on that is crazy!

Too funny!
18th June 2007 08:01 PM
texile
quote:
JaggerLips wrote:
Mick probably got some family heirlooms, sure he would have got something to that effect. Leaving him money would be daft to say the least.

i still think jagger may have had something to do with his not getting any money -
i'm sure he must have seen the absurdity.
18th June 2007 08:51 PM
Bitch MICK doesnt need the money, but I hope his dad left him some other things instead. If he was left out of the will entirely, that would be wrong.

When I look at the pic of MICK's parents, I can't believe they had a child as beautiful and gorgeous as MICK! Neither of them are good looking, not cute at all.

IMO
18th June 2007 09:51 PM
tumbled
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Post of the week...LOL

hey per fireonthe platter, go look at the crescent moon right now, venus is shining right next to it
[Edited by tumbled]
19th June 2007 07:35 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
Bitch wrote:
...MICK's parents... Neither of them are good looking, not cute at all.
IMO

Neither is Mick. He's charismatic and even sexy because of that to some (wo)men, but I wouldn't call him cute or good looking.
19th June 2007 12:49 PM
texile
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Neither is Mick. He's charismatic and even sexy because of that to some (wo)men, but I wouldn't call him cute or good looking.

'good-looking' and 'cute' are traditional terms -
jagger has something else and i'm not sure what it is...
but in his prime, he had a look - the sparkly eyes, child-like smile etc - that i could say was strangely beautiful.
19th June 2007 04:25 PM
gorda
quote:
JaggerLips wrote:
Mick probably got some family heirlooms, sure he would have got something to that effect. Leaving him money would be daft to say the least.

I agree. Micky should get something. Something with sentimental value. Something that will remind him of his father.

P.S. Money isn´t everything. Perhaps, Chris does not have great wealth, but he has freedom. Freedom to walk the streets of London without anyone bothering him. No paparazzi annoying him.
19th June 2007 09:45 PM
The jinn, my friend.
quote:
tumbled wrote:

was the Jags loving support refused from his father?
19th June 2007 09:59 PM
The jinn, my friend.
quote:
gorda wrote:

I agree. Micky should get something. Something with sentimental value. Something that will remind him of his father.

P.S. Money isn´t everything. Perhaps, Chris does not have great wealth, but he has freedom. Freedom to walk the streets of London without anyone bothering him. No paparazzi annoying him.

The Jags got that too. It is called a stage crew.

Gorda. you are equating great wealth with fame.
fame is not $.
wealth is subject.
wealth does not = fame.

I wish I could walk through my mama house first.
however, I would be third, by my ethics.

20th June 2007 05:20 AM
F505 I should turn things around: Strange Mick didn't give one of his millions to his father.
20th June 2007 10:43 AM
Stargroves
quote:
F505 wrote:
I should turn things around: Strange Mick didn't give one of his millions to his father.

F505, I'm sure Joe wanted for nothing. However, the government in the UK takes 40% of all assets over £300k as inheritance tax when someone dies. When you reach the age that Mr Jagger Senior reached, it makes sense not to hold too many assets unless you're happy to make a gift of them to the government. If someone dies, leaving assets under £300k, they get to leave all their money where they want. Most who have more than this try to gift money away to their grand children and children and do whatever they can to reduce the amount of assets for the government to rob - oops, no tax, that's the word I was looking for - when they die.
20th June 2007 03:28 PM
Gazza
quote:
Stargroves wrote:

F505, I'm sure Joe wanted for nothing. However, the government in the UK takes 40% of all assets over £300k as inheritance tax when someone dies. When you reach the age that Mr Jagger Senior reached, it makes sense not to hold too many assets unless you're happy to make a gift of them to the government. If someone dies, leaving assets under £300k, they get to leave all their money where they want. Most who have more than this try to gift money away to their grand children and children and do whatever they can to reduce the amount of assets for the government to rob - oops, no tax, that's the word I was looking for - when they die.

'Jagger in cunning tax dodge move' ! Whatever next!
20th June 2007 03:30 PM
glencar
quote:
Bitch wrote:
MICK doesnt need the money, but I hope his dad left him some other things instead. If he was left out of the will entirely, that would be wrong.

When I look at the pic of MICK's parents, I can't believe they had a child as beautiful and gorgeous as MICK! Neither of them are good looking, not cute at all.

IMO

Eva was quite a hottie way back when...
20th June 2007 11:39 PM
iluvmickjagger07 mick is half australian!
i had no idea
22nd June 2007 08:11 AM
corgi37 Only truly great people are lucky enough to have a bit of Aussie in them. Now, come to my place, and you too can have a bit of Aussie in you. lol

My wife permitting, of course.

And why in the wide fucking world would Mick want anything from old Baz? Christ, get real. Sure, a plate maybe. Maybe his egg cup when he was a kid. Maybe a blanket or something. Believe me, when my Mum died, the last thing i thought of was money. Though i got some and the house. My most treasured thing was the dogs lead.

Why?

Because my Mum used to beat the shit out me with it. Ahh, such memories.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)