ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Estadio José Alvalade XXI, Lisbon 25th June 2007
© GotToRollMe and Gazza
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: THE FINAL PRICE IS RIGHT Return to archive Page: 1 2
20th June 2007 06:50 PM
pdog You all should be ashamed of yourselves.
Bob Barker? Price is right? Rosie? WTF?
20th June 2007 06:55 PM
texile that show is like a time-warp/
the same sets, music and prizes since 1972.
it's one of those permanent facts of life when everything else changes.
i have to admit it, i will miss that voice at 10 a.m.
21st June 2007 01:39 PM
mmdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Bob Barker’s nice comments about Rosie O’Donnell taking over “The Price is Right” have started an avalanche of stories. Will Rosie be exclaiming “Come on down!” soon to contestants?

The story will get a little more focused on Thursday when O’Donnell meets with the game show’s producers in Hollywood. That’s the first time all parties will be in the same room.

But O’Donnell has issues that could scotch the entire set up. They are: she lives in New York, the show is shot in Los Angeles and the twain just don’t meet.

Rosie, I am told, simply is not moving west. And the show isn’t coming east. So what to do?

It’s not going to be about money, either, since Rosie is wealthier than ever. She turned down $10 million a year from “The View,” after all.

One solution that O’Donnell will propose is shooting a month’s worth of shows over a four-day period every 30 days. That way she won’t be away too long from her four kids and partner, Kelli. That would probably be the deal breaker as far as she’s concerned.

But there are other issues as well. O’Donnell, as I reported earlier, is in hot demand at all the networks, particularly NBC. New programming chief Ben Silverman really, really wants her, and that could prove a sticking point in the “Price” negotiations.” The game show is produced by Freemantle Media for CBS and is not syndicated. In fact, until this summer, “The Price is Right” wasn’t even shown in reruns.

And here’s a little trivia for those who aren’t completely sold on Barker as the kindly old gent of game shows. I’m told that the reason “Price” reruns are not syndicated to cable outlets like Game Show Network or TV Land has to do with his own bitterness about former female presenters who appeared in three decades of shows.

Barker, sources say, has nothing but enmity for Janice Pennington, Dian Parkinson, Holly Hallstrom and Kathleen Bradley — all known as Barker’s Beauties during their long runs on the show. Parkinson in particular was on Barker’s hit list after she appeared on the cover of Playboy twice toward the end of her run with him.

Parkinson made sure there was a stain on Barker’s legacy when she sued him for sexual harassment in 1993. The case was eventually dropped.

But Barker, sources say, has managed to get back at the Beauties by stopping the syndication.

“That way the girls have never gotten a dime for their reruns,” says my source. “They’d be making millions now by union rules. But Barker has made sure they haven’t gotten anything.”

Of course, things would be “Rosie-er” under an O’Donnell regime at “Price is Right.” But the whole thing seems a bit unlikely. Stay tuned. O’Donnell’s future has too many more exciting prospects, I’d say.

It’s funny how these “stories” of people “definitely” taking jobs become “fact” before anything substantive ever happens. Take Whoopi Goldberg, for instance. Even though last week it was “certain” that she’d join “The View” in the fall, I’m told that Whoopi still hadn’t even been approached by the show for anything other than a guest stint.

[Edited by glencar]

PDog is right, however I think this Fox story is full of shit. First off, I can't believe reruns showing on the Game Show Network would be worth millions to the models. Is Brett Somers getting millions from Match Game reruns? Secondly, i heard CBS stopped the reruns, because they felt they were hurting the ratings for the first run shows. I guess now, they will be free to show them.

[Edited by mmdog]
21st June 2007 01:49 PM
voodoopug
quote:
pdog wrote:
You all should be ashamed of yourselves.

And you tell me my posts are not top quality, yet we are all forced to see a topic devoted in part to Rosie? This is very embarrassing for the entire Rocks Off Community.
21st June 2007 01:56 PM
glencar Rosie is from Commack & apparently "gave it up easily" when in high school. To men!
21st June 2007 02:17 PM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:
You all should be ashamed of yourselves.

Funny !

Poi ............ you make Joey smile .
21st June 2007 02:18 PM
glencar More than Plinko?
21st June 2007 02:20 PM
Joey " More than Plinko? "

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)