ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Estadio José Alvalade XXI, Lisbon 25th June 2007
© GotToRollMe and Gazza
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Prince at the o2 Arena 24th & 25th August (SSC) Return to archive
13th June 2007 08:18 AM
Gazza Not sure how many of you are fans, but for those who are going to be in London during "Stones week", His Royal Badness has now added two more shows at the 02 Arena on 24th and 25th August as part of his 21 night run there. (Four more shows have been added in September)

Most tickets are £31.21 and your purchase gets you a copy of his new album thrown in. Public sale is Friday at 9 am, but theres an 02 presale from this morning similar to what the Stones had (except that the seats seem to be better)

visit www.o2blueroom.co.uk/theo2 . The password is LGKW31

The Stones 02 shows are 21,23 & 26 August.
[Edited by Gazza]
13th June 2007 10:58 AM
Stray Cat UK Is he playing the same hall as the Stones ?

How can he play between their gigs ?

Stage /equipment ?

sc uk
13th June 2007 11:17 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Stray Cat UK wrote:
Is he playing the same hall as the Stones ?

Stage /equipment ?

sc uk

I am sure Michael Cohl (against young Jacob's wishes) would be happy to trade usage of the STones stage to Prince for a few legacy membership renewals!
13th June 2007 12:42 PM
Gazza
quote:
Stray Cat UK wrote:
Is he playing the same hall as the Stones ?

Stage /equipment ?

sc uk

Yes. Same venue. 20,000 + seater.

Theres no reason why not. Large arenas are used to having different types of set ups on a night by night basis for different sports, different performers etc.

Its not as if theyre using the stadium stage set-up as setting THAT up takes about 4-5 days.

Final shows of the tour, its indoors and they have a crew of about 200-300 people who arent going to be anywhere else. A piece of piss, really.

Main difference in set up is that Prince's show is "in the round".

PRINCE

ROLLING STONES

[Edited by Gazza]
13th June 2007 12:49 PM
Lord (Hetero) Has Prince sold out? He must be huge in Britain. That is what...half a million tickets sold?
13th June 2007 01:09 PM
Gazza Theyve just added the final 6 of what will be 21 shows. These are his only shows in Europe. Total tickets would be maybe not as much as half a million but certainly well in excess of 400,000.

I think originally they announced 7 02 shows and it was understood that the other 14 shows would take place in smaller venues around London. However, the demand was so good they ended up staging all 21 at the 02 - a venue which is now the biggest indoor arena in Europe.

Prince has long been a bigger draw in Europe than in the US, but the demand for these shows has been staggering and quite surprising. Its not like he's as popular as he was in the 80's after all and he's chosen to take himself out of the mainstream in the way he distributes his music.

The shows have been BRILLIANTLY marketed however and with most of the tickets costing a mere £31.21 and every order getting a copy of his album (the last one was titled '3121' - geddit?), the demand - hot on the heels of that Superbowl performance - has been pretty high.
[Edited by Gazza]
13th June 2007 01:22 PM
Saint Sway That Prince gig looks cool.

Stones should play in the round. Arenas only tour. Set Lists to be determined by the Rocks Offer in each city with the most posts.
13th June 2007 01:23 PM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
That Prince gig looks cool.

Stones should play in the round. Arenas only tour. Set Lists to be determined by the Rocks Offer in each city with the most posts.

I have now started househunting in Lisbon, Madrid, Dublin and London.....
13th June 2007 01:32 PM
jostorm Herr Gazza: Hmmm, the code won't let me buy seating floor tickets. Any idea why??? Are you going after the Stones, or will Heather divorce you if you stay away any longer???
Really would like to go, perhaps on September 21st...
13th June 2007 01:33 PM
monkey_man He is not only taking over the O2 but the dome as well. The word is he setting up luxury camp to stay in for the duration of the shows. In addition they are setting up a tent to hold 2000 people for Prince's aftershows. All under the dome. Can you say aftershow with Ronnie?
[Edited by monkey_man]
13th June 2007 01:44 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I have now started househunting in Lisbon, Madrid, Dublin and London.....

LOL

and its too late in the game to bother looking for a place in Minny or San Fran
13th June 2007 02:19 PM
Gazza here's the full ad.

PRINCE 21 NIGHTS: THE FINAL 6
Final shows go onsale June 15
After the spectacular launch of Prince's 21 nights in London, when 15 concerts SOLD OUT in a matter of hours, Prince is set to complete his incredible purple reign over London by adding a further 6 nights at The O2 Arena across August and September. This will fulfil his astonishing feat of playing 21 Nights in Europe's brand new state of the art arena, The 02, eclipsing all previous arena attendance records in the process. The 21 shows in London will see Prince perform his greatest hits for the last time ever, centre stage in the round.

Promoter Rob Hallett of AEG Live said, "It is extraordinary that any artiste can sell out so many nights in London, the previous record was 14, but to sell this quickly and in August is quite remarkable! However with Prince we are talking about a phenomenal artiste who has spent his whole career raising the bar so we shouldn't be too surprised. I can see this record outliving the century!"

The new dates are August 24 and 25, and September 6, 16, 20 and 21. Tickets go on sale on 9am Friday 15th June and will be available from www.aeglive.co.uk, www.3121.com, or 0871 230 44 22/ 0871 984 00 02. All tickets will cost £31.21, with booking fees capped at £3.50, plus £2.50 postage and packing per order, and will include a copy of Prince's brand new CD, the follow up to the critically acclaimed '3121'.

His full run of shows at The O2 Arena is as follows:

August; Wednesday 1st, Friday 3rd, Saturday 4th, Tuesday 7th, Friday 10th, Saturday 11th, Tuesday 14th, Friday 17th, Saturday 18th, Friday 24th, Saturday 25th, Tuesday 28th, Friday 31st

September; Saturday 1st, Thursday 6th, Sunday 9th, Wednesday 12th, Thursday 13th, Sunday 16th, Thursday 20th, Friday 21st

13th June 2007 02:21 PM
Gazza
quote:
jostorm wrote:
Herr Gazza: Hmmm, the code won't let me buy seating floor tickets. Any idea why??? Are you going after the Stones, or will Heather divorce you if you stay away any longer???
Really would like to go, perhaps on September 21st...

Can only go during the week of the Stones shows. Have tickets for the 24th. I dont think floor tickets are available on the free presale are they?
13th June 2007 02:23 PM
Gazza
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
He is not only taking over the O2 but the dome as well. The word is he setting up luxury camp to stay in for the duration of the shows. In addition they are setting up a tent to hold 2000 people for Prince's aftershows. All under the dome. Can you say aftershow with Ronnie?

Prince's aftershows? Yikes!! Those things can go on for hours...and you're right, Ronnie has joined him before at those kinda of shows.
13th June 2007 03:08 PM
parmeda
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Can only go during the week of the Stones shows. Have tickets for the 24th. I dont think floor tickets are available on the free presale are they?

If it takes you anything short of moving the earth...go and see him...do whatever it takes...if you need to put your ass up for sale on a corner...DO IT!

Gazza, you know what I paid in March... ya'll are getting him for a steal. DO NOT pass this up.

And yes, you may thank me later
13th June 2007 03:12 PM
Gazza
quote:
parmeda wrote:

If it takes you anything short of moving the earth...go and see him...do whatever it takes...if you need to put your ass up for sale on a corner...DO IT!

Gazza, you know what I paid in March... ya'll are getting him for a steal. DO NOT pass this up.

And yes, you may thank me later

Got tickets in the presale this morning, baby Pam! Consider yourself thanked, m'dear!

Thankfully my ass is still intact!
[Edited by Gazza]
13th June 2007 03:21 PM
parmeda Great, my dahlink!
I will sleep much better tonight knowing you were able to score a ticket and saved your ass from... well, you know.
13th June 2007 03:50 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Got tickets in the presale this morning

My bad! The aftershows will be in the Indig02, a 2300 capacity venue within the dome. Have a blast.
14th June 2007 04:14 AM
jostorm Gazza: I've forgotten which day I'm going to O2 with you and Meg, is it the 21st??? Are you both going to all three shows? Would have loved to see him, don't know whether to book for my birthday in September, or to try and swap ticks and join you on 24th??? Suggestions from RO's Olymp would be most gratefully received !!!!! (wink wink) And: No, they seem to have kept the floor tickets for the official sale, would love to get my hands on a golden circle one!!! But I suppose that for that I would have to wear skin-tight purple lycra!?...
15th June 2007 03:29 PM
Lord (Hetero) Are Stones and Prince overlapping?
15th June 2007 04:38 PM
gimmekeef Man I must be out of it....I wouldnt walk down stairs to see this freak....21 Arena shows?....course factor in the "free" cd and its a helluva deal for his fans...Stones will likely make as much net in 3 nights...this has to be up there (although well short)with Springsteens Giants Stadium run for biggest venue draw in terms of amazability.....lol..new word?....Just keep the lil fuck off the stage and not doing a Streets of Love duet on one of his nights off....
20th June 2007 11:35 PM
monkey_man I just scored a ticket for this!

http://www.thompsonhotels.com/prince/
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)