ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Estadio José Alvalade XXI, Lisbon 25th June 2007
© GotToRollMe and Gazza
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Just bought The Biggest Bang @ Best Buy!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
19th June 2007 01:51 PM
MidnightRambler
quote:
Poplar wrote:

couldn't that just be a bad video cover (leaving the natural audio and putting a bad "wide shot" video layover, thus making it sound like an overdub when it's actually the video that is off? i don't know ... just raising other possibilities.

Definitely. There are several shots that I think they used because they simply liked them in certain areas...either it be a wide shot of Keith slashing away or a closeup as he grins. It may accidentally get confused for an overdub simply because the sound and visual doesn't add up but rather it's a shot from a different point from the show.
19th June 2007 02:02 PM
Sir Stonesalot Bullshit.

They used the wide shots to try to hide the overdubs. Oldest editing trick in the book. The sound sync wasn't too bad, IMO.

19th June 2007 02:42 PM
MidnightRambler
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>The energy coming out of them is supernatural. Holy shit!<

It's simple editing trickery. They dropped in a shot of a small segment of the crowd doing the pogo...and then speeded it up to make it look like insanity. I'm not 100% sure...but it looks like they use the same shot several times.

>If it is not Exile on Main Street you two will complain that it sucks. No matter what they do or put out anymore it is never good enough.<

>What do they have to do for you or pdog to not whine, complain, or downgrade it's quality?<

Firstly...I*like pretty much every Stones record, overall, except for Emotional Rescue, Steel Wheels, and ABB. ER because it was when the cocaine stopped working for them and started working against them. Self-indulgent dance crap. Steel Wheels was so slick that it seems to be made of teflon. It's also dead boring. I don't like ABB because it isn't Rock n Roll...not according to what my idea of Rock n Roll is anyhow. ABB is commercial radio muzak. I hate shit that sounds like that....no fucking balls at all.

So what do they have to do to keep me from kicking them in the butt? Well, that's easy.

I'd like to see something that resembles EFFORT on their part. I don't care if they fuck up and hit some bum notes, But I do expect The Rolling Stones to look like they are trying to be good. I don't mean posing and waving and all that stupid shit. I want to see them with sweat running down their foreheads, I wanna see some soaked shirts, I wanna see some faces that look like they are straining a little. Anything...ANYTHING that makes it look like they are on anything other than auto-pilot.

I'd like to see The Rolling Stones get back to playing Rock n Roll music, and stop turning all those great songs into Vegas Revue numbers.

I'd like to see The Rolling Stones actually write some kick your ass Rock n Roll again. They had a chance with ABB, and they took the easy, paint-by-numbers path that led to the ballsless crap that they put out.

I would like to see The Rolling Stones pretend to act like they care about what they are doing. They let Cohl & Rolling Stones Inc run the show. There should be no way that some dude like Paolo Nutini or whatever his name is...should share a stage with the Rolling Stones. He hasn't earned that honor yet. Same way with Timberlake. Hmmm...let's see, we got Angus & Malcolm or Justin Timberlake to choose from. We already have a number worked up with Angus & Malcolm that rocks balls...so let's pick Justin. He just dumped Brittany you know...let's bring him out and maybe the kids will like it. NO!!!! Fucking ROCK instead! Why the fuck didn't someone say NO to that? This just goes to show how very little they care anymore.

I would like to see The Rolling Stones not blandly accepting that they are now a Nostalgia act. Again, they had a chance to show the world that they are the real deal on ABB. And instead they toss off a rushed, incomplete sounding, pile of commercial radio ready drivel. Great for use in TV ads. Useless in a Rock n Roll playlist.

I would like to see a little consistency. They need to make Ron & Keith show up to fucking play EVERY night. No more nights off. When those guys decide to get their back up and play...they STILL blow EVERYONE out of the water. The problem is that they only decide to do that once or twice a month. Do it every night for an entire tour, and I'll be happy. again...I'm not talking about a few bum notes here abd there...I'm talking about the big stuff...like remembering how to play the intro right...or remembering your cues...you know, the basic stuff that any professional musician is expected to do on a nightly basis. I expect no less from The Rolling Stones. And since they are the greatest band in the world...it shouldn't be very difficult for them to do, right?

I would like the Stones to at least fake being even slightly enthusiastic about touring. They look bored, and they look like they can't wait to get the show over.

But out of all of that stuff, I really just want them to start playing Rock n Roll music again. If they start doing that I'll be happy.

So...since it seems so important to some people that they have concocted theories about it...why do I bitch?

That's easy enough to answer. Simple. Because I can. I firmly believe in balance. The entire universe depends on balance. Nothing can be good or right, unless it is balanced. This board would suffer from the same things that all those other Stones boards suffer from, if it wouldn't be for people like myself and Pdog and Jizzy. We are fans, but we are not asskissers and sycophants. I am a fan, but I am not a fanboy. I love this band enough to tell them what I see is wrong. In fact, I see it as a sacred duty. The Stones have millions upon millions of people telling them how great they are. Any knucklehead can do that. I like them enough to stay objective and tell them how they can make things better. I mean, we can all, Stones included, always improve. I'm trying, in my own way, to help. If that bothers you, then kindly fuck off, because I don't really give a shit. I speak the truth, as I see & hear it. I don't just make stuff up to be contrary....although I could certainly do that.

I say the things I say because they need to be said by someone. yes, i know facing the truth of matters can be difficult and uncomfortable for some people. Especially the Rah Rah Cheerleader types(for the record, I like the Cheerleaders, remember...balance). But those people need to face the truth too. They need to get prepared mentally for what is surely coming...sooner than later. This band is going to end, the signs are all over the place. My hope is that they go out like the lions that they are. My gut tells me that isn't going to happen. My gut is saying that things are not gonna be pretty. We should all prepare for that. Losing our band is going to be painful. But if we start preparing ourselves now, perhaps it won't be so gloomy at the end.

A buddy of mine wanted to watch some of the DVD. So we did.

I thought it LOOKED fantastic. Very well shot. Decent editing...although that could have been done better. With better editing the glaring overdubs would not be quite so glaringly obvious. I was suprised by the amount of overdubbing the Copacabana gig. I watched it "live" via satellite feed in a movie theatre...and I thought it was a pretty good show. Evidently, someone at Stones Inc. didn't think so. The second half of the Austin show is so overdubbed that it was distracting. It couldn't have been that bad that they needed all that overdubbing? WTF?

We watched the duets. The best was the one with the Chinese guy...at least that was funny. The rest of them...ugh. Even Eddie Vedder looked like he thought it was a bad idea to be out there. Don't duet a song that isn't intended to be a duet. It never works. Duet a song that has a duet part in it....and if you don't have any of those...don't duet at all.

We didn't have time to watch the doco...I'll try to watch that before the weekend. So just based on the look of the thing it gets an A. The glaring overdubs drops it a full grade point to a B. The duet with the Chinese dude brings it up to a B+. The duet with Dave Matthews(again? Isn't he on another Stones DVD...doing the same damn song? WTF?) drops it back to a B-. The sound shut down my buddy's surround system, so that raises it up to an A-. No clear titty shots drops it back down to a B+...(they coulda done it too...they had the camera dead on her...but they used a side shot so she was obscured...bogus...she got 'em out in a public place...she knew the cameras were on...we KNOW they got the shot...USE IT!). Band performance and song selection(do we really need three versions of Satisfaction?)drop the grade down to C+. The inclusion of a rehearsal version of "I Can't Be Satisfied" brings the grade back up to an A-. The footage from The Phoenix in Toronto brings the grade back up to A+. Not including the entire show from The Phoenix drops the grade back to a B+.

So that is where it stands now...B+. If the doco is as good as everyone keeps saying it is, a grade of A+ is entirely attainable. I'm glad that my buddy wanted to watch it. It was well worth spending a few hours going over it.

[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]

Good read. I get your points, in no way were they foreign to me or new; they were views and opinions that any passionate and fair fan would have. A couple thoughts you wrote above, I don't agree with though.

---------
I'd like to see something that resembles EFFORT on their part.

I want to see them with sweat running down their foreheads, I wanna see some soaked shirts, I wanna see some faces that look like they are straining a little. Anything...ANYTHING that makes it look like they are on anything other than auto-pilot.

I would like to see a little consistency. They need to make Ron & Keith show up to fucking play EVERY night. No more nights off.
-----------

I hear this a lot from many fans and it always makes me laugh. When I read this I always in my head wodner if the poster is a musician/entertainer? I generalize and say that most of the time, they are not. What does that have to do with the argument? Well, a lot. I play guitar and perform reguarly, so I can grasp the background pyschology to this.

"Show up and play fucking every night?" Do you know how draining that would be? To go above and beyond your abilities and expect that exact same energy and life to sustain through a 2 year tour? Impossible, especially when you've been playing for 40 years and played a handful of these songs for the 5,000th time. Has anyone hear done ANYTHING 5000 times?

Does anyone know how that feels? Nope. I know what playing songs over and over feels like though. And yes, enthusiasm and spontinaity slags off the more and more you play. Do I know what playing a song for 30 years feels like? But I imagine it only gets worse from what I already described. Not me..or anyone here can say that the Stones could do it when in fact, no one hear has had a 40 year career as a band--or anything for that matter.

To give their "all" as you are suggesting is only doable if they played once every two weeks. That would be enough time to come down from that high in order to go back up again. They play 2 times a week or so...in between they are traveling and maybe given just 1 night's worth of rest. And then you expect them to be sweating and pouring their soul EVERY show?

You can name bands till the cow comes home to prove how THEY can sustain their top energy EVERY show for the entire tour. Well that's really great. And kudos to them. How old are they? Oh, ok...what, in their 30's? 40's? Well that doesn't do much good here, does it? The Stones in their 30's and 40's also were pretty kick ass. So...so what? Who do we have to compare to in their 60s? Bob Dylan? Willie Nelson? Any bands with a group of 4?

Comparing ourselves and people to other people is a natural and easy thing to do but I've realized that it's an irrelvant argument. "Well, if HE went to college...why didn't YOU go to college??" "If THEY can deliver a great show every night...why can't the stones also?" Well...the answer is because we're all different people. We all have different abilities, we've all gone through different experiences, been exposed to different things at different points in our life...all of which equal the person we are today. Comparing Keith Richards to Willie Nelson can only go so far...yes they both did a lot of drugs...they still play guitar...yes they STILL might do drugs... but it ends there, in my eyes. All our bodies are different and we are all individuals in all sense of the word. Personalities, emotions and habits all come in to play. And we're all different.

I think it makes sense, and is understandable that Keith is "on" maybe once a month. Let him. Performing can be very draining. Mentally, and physically. When you give 120%...your body feels it. And you realize "Wow, i'm gonna need some time to relax until I can do that again." But with Keith it's "Oh crap, I got another show in a day and a half..." So, when does he turn it on? When he wants to and feels up for it...or when he gets a push like for reasons of recording (aka the Beacon, Rio etc..).
You need to have an off night in order to have an on night.

I think people are too demanding of the Stones still. The treatment they get from their passionate fans are I think, out of place, and too late. All this tough love and demanding them to beef things up is useles on 63 year old men. Ten years ago, fine. But now? C'mon.

I feel like that the Stones are my grandparents. And when I watch themit's like I"m visiting them at the home and I'll think "Oh, grandad is having trouble...but he IS getting older, so it's alright. He's still look great for his age!" But some of you guys are pretty cold. It's like you're saying: "Fuck grandpa. He doesn't do the things he used to anymore...he's old...he trips and falls...he's not the grandpa I used to know and love. No way am I gonna see him." How can one disrespect your elders? And who are we to be angry at someone else's capabilities because of age?

I think that what's so mind boggling for many fans about the apparent "decay" of the band within the last 10 years is because this is all new to us. We are in the middle of the biggest and most important experiment: fans of a rock and roll band that have been active for more than 40 years. This has NEVER been done before. We don't know how to play this game.

There has never been another band who stayed this long for which we could use as a guide or as a model for our issues. We can't learn from any other band at this point. Let's say there was another band in history that mirrored the Stones in longevity. Call them band "X". If they were around...conversations might go like this:
"Yeah the Stones are suffering in the live sound lately...just like that band "X"...during their last 5 years....they also were having hard times." "The Stones seems bored.." "Yeah, reminds of that band "X"...they also were getting bored with playing their hits over and over. No big deal...it's normal."

The Stones will be the first band to be used as this model. In the future, when bands go past the 20, 30 and 40 year mark...their fans will look to US and the Stones and see the POSSIBLE journey their band will go through. That's why this is so hard for many Stones fans...because there aren't many bands we could look to verify if the Stones' latest quality is "normal."

I cut them huge slack because they are 60, 63 and 65 years old. At what age will you realize that you're demanding too much from them? I applaud loudly and passionately when they have their "on" nights and smile and understand when they have their off nights.

So by definition, which dates during this tour were "on" nights? And through process of elimination, I'd assume that the rest of the tour are considered "off nights?" if you consider the rest of the tour to be "off nights" that's a red flag that you already demand too much from them.

[Edited by MidnightRambler]
19th June 2007 03:08 PM
glencar I have only watched the Austin show so far. I'm surprised they didn't include one of the Hollywood Bowl shows.
19th June 2007 03:22 PM
Nellcote Just watched most of disc 4 at lunch.
Out of the four segments, the Watts one
was the most explanatory & longest, the Wood one was the most musically rewarding. Woody is a blast
on slide guitar, as well as riffing.
He certainly has tossed off the quit
smoking thing. The Keith & Mick ones are a bit dull.
The cuts from Toronto are primo, however,
still a work in progress, which is probably
why more of them did not make the dvd, as
Jagger the perfectionist was probably unimpressed.
19th June 2007 03:52 PM
Poplar
quote:
MidnightRambler wrote:
All this tough love and demanding them to beef things up is useles on 63 year old men. Ten years ago, fine. But now? C'mon.

BINGO!!!!

I was trying to put my finger on that about two weeks ago... and you nailed it. I found myself really frustrated with all the "hang it up.. they owe us" talk. at this stage, it's pretty ridic.

19th June 2007 05:25 PM
Some Guy I'm very happy with the set and I have yet to put in disc 4.
19th June 2007 06:40 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Poplar wrote:
couldn't that just be a bad video cover (leaving the natural audio and putting a bad "wide shot" video layover, thus making it sound like an overdub when it's actually the video that is off? i don't know ... just raising other possibilities.

Guess it could be, but I don't think so.
Jagger's vocals also sound canned on that one.

Of course, your mileage may vary...

Still a real nice show, imo, and I love the rehearsal of I Can't Be Satisfied on that disc.
19th June 2007 07:49 PM
fireontheplatter i just bought my copy tonight
gonna pour me one of them nuculer waste drinkies and have at disc 1.
19th June 2007 07:56 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I'm very happy with the set and I have yet to put in disc 4.

The best is yet to come then.....excellent ...Enjoy it to the max....
20th June 2007 12:10 AM
Some Guy
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

The best is yet to come then.....excellent ...Enjoy it to the max....

Sup?... you know how we do.
20th June 2007 12:52 AM
mrhipfl
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>The energy coming out of them is supernatural. Holy shit!<

It's simple editing trickery. They dropped in a shot of a small segment of the crowd doing the pogo...and then speeded it up to make it look like insanity. I'm not 100% sure...but it looks like they use the same shot several times.

wrong. the concert was televised live on Argentina television, and the crowd was exactly the same on the DVD as on the live bootleg.

Oh, and it's "sped it up," not "speeded it up"...
20th June 2007 06:28 PM
Sir Stonesalot >I hear this a lot from many fans and it always makes me laugh. When I read this I always in my head wodner if the poster is a musician/entertainer?<

I am not a professional touring musician. However, I have been in bands since I was 14. I am now 40. I have been in approx 10-12 bands in that time, of varying genres, and am currently a member of The Rotten Belly Blues Band. I am no stranger to the rigors of live performance, if that is what you are hinting at....

>I play guitar and perform reguarly, so I can grasp the background pyschology to this.<

OK. Me too.

>"Show up and play fucking every night?" Do you know how draining that would be?<

Yes. And it is my position that if certain members of the band can't deal with that, then they should pare back their schedule to something that is more suitable.

>To go above and beyond your abilities and expect that exact same energy and life to sustain through a 2 year tour? Impossible, especially when you've been playing for 40 years and played a handful of these songs for the 5,000th time. Has anyone hear done ANYTHING 5000 times?<

I see. So if I plunk down my $450.00 for a decent seat, toward the end of a tour...I am a fool? If the band is unwilling, or unable to sustain a 2 year tour...then perhaps they should consider not doing 2 year tours? I mean, that's just common sense, no?

>I know what playing songs over and over feels like though.<

So do I.

>And yes, enthusiasm and spontinaity slags off the more and more you play.<

Speak for yourself. If I can't sink my teeth into a song anymore...then it's time for a new song. It's not like the Stones don't have enough songs to pick from.

>Not me..or anyone here can say that the Stones could do it when in fact, no one hear has had a 40 year career as a band--or anything for that matter.<

True. And none of us are charging $450.00 for a decent ticket either.

>To give their "all" as you are suggesting is only doable if they played once every two weeks.<

In the Stones case, I agree. So why aren't they doing it? Wouldn't it be prudent...especially with all the cancelled shows on the ABB Tour...to scale the schedule back? Oh wait. Michael Cohl wouldn't make as much money...so I guess that idea is out the window.

>And then you expect them to be sweating and pouring their soul EVERY show?<

Yes. Don't fucking charge $450 if you can't deliver that kind of commitment.

>How old are they?<

I will always reject the age arguement. If they are too old to do it, then they wouldn't be up there. But since they ARE up there, and charging $450.00, then age cannot be used as an excuse. If it is an excuse...then it's a pretty piss poor lame excuse.

>I think it makes sense, and is understandable that Keith is "on" maybe once a month.<

Then only play once a month.

>So, when does he turn it on? When he wants to and feels up for it...or when he gets a push like for reasons of recording (aka the Beacon, Rio etc..).<

So the rest of us peons who spent a weeks wages on a ticket to a regular show are not worth a "push" or "getting up" for? Nice way to treat the people who send your ass to Fiji, and pay for your booze. Very UN-rock n roll.

>I think people are too demanding of the Stones still.<

Funny, I don't think we are near demanding enough. It's people like you who keep making excuses and lowering the bar, who are enabling the Stones to fuck off on us. If we all stuck together and drew a line in the sand, perhaps we might get treated a little better.

>All this tough love and demanding them to beef things up is useles on 63 year old men. Ten years ago, fine. But now? C'mon.<

Ten years ago, I didn't see the need for it. I liked the "new" album, and the tour was pretty solid. So now, just because the guys are 60+, I can't wag my finger and call them on all their bullshit? Fuck that. When I see bullshit, I call bullshit. I don't care if they are fucking Jesus H Christ come back to earth, if ya pull bullshit, I call it. That is the way I am built. Don't like it, don't read my posts.

>I feel like that the Stones are my grandparents.<

Yeah, well my grandparents fought a couple of wars and saved the world. Needless to say, I don't think of The Stones that way.

>And when I watch themit's like I"m visiting them at the home and I'll think "Oh, grandad is having trouble...but he IS getting older, so it's alright. He's still look great for his age!" But some of you guys are pretty cold. It's like you're saying: "Fuck grandpa. He doesn't do the things he used to anymore...he's old...he trips and falls...he's not the grandpa I used to know and love. No way am I gonna see him." How can one disrespect your elders? And who are we to be angry at someone else's capabilities because of age?<

My grandparents don't charge me $450.00 to come visit them. Try a different analogy...maybe one that actually works.

>a rock and roll band that have been active for more than 40 years. This has NEVER been done before. We don't know how to play this game.<

Hmmm. How about playing ROCK N ROLL? If you are a Rock n Roll band...and the greatest one on the planet...shouldn't you actually be playing Rock n Roll type music? ABB has about as much to do with Rock n Roll as Bon Jovi or 50 Cent. And even all those great Rock n Roll songs that they play...it's more Broadway or Vegas than actual real Rock n Roll. So what is the excuse for that? Dudes are old? WTF?

>"Yeah the Stones are suffering in the live sound lately...just like that band "X"...during their last 5 years....they also were having hard times." "The Stones seems bored.." "Yeah, reminds of that band "X"...they also were getting bored with playing their hits over and over. No big deal...it's normal."<

And was band "X"(no relation to the actual band X, who are still great...27 years later)charging people $450.00 to see shows that are substandard? If they were charging $25.00 a ticket, I'd be much more forgiving. But at Stones type prices, fuck 'em, I want it all. I don't care if that seems unfair or not. Stones ticket prices are not fair either...so why should I be fair about it?

>their fans will look to US and the Stones and see the POSSIBLE journey their band will go through.<

God help them. They are so fucked.

>That's why this is so hard for many Stones fans...because there aren't many bands we could look to verify if the Stones' latest quality is "normal."<

But I don't give a fuck about those other bands, and I don't care what their "normal" is. Besides, using your earlier logic, since we are all different, what is normal for one isn't normal for the rest. So WTF?

>I cut them huge slack because they are 60, 63 and 65 years old.<

I would too if they slacked their ticket prices. If they want the big money, then fucking play big money. If they are not able to do that, and still want the big money, then they are ripping us all off.

>At what age will you realize that you're demanding too much from them? I applaud loudly and passionately when they have their "on" nights and smile and understand when they have their off nights.<

I'm happy for you. I'm not built like that.

>if you consider the rest of the tour to be "off nights" that's a red flag that you already demand too much from them.<

No. It's a sign that the rest of you people are enablers and don't demand enough.

Look, none of this shit makes me happy, dig? I don't really like talking about it all that much. It makes me sad. But the truth is the truth as I see it. Evidently, I'm either more willing to actually see what is going on, or I just see things differently than you do. Dude, I'm not alone in my assessment. There are a LOT of people who see things in the same light that I do. Not enough to affect any change...but enough that it should send some red flags up to anyone who really wants to pay attention.

Hey, cut 'em all the slack you want. Whatever floats yer boat dude. But I've been callin' it like I see it all my life, and I always will. Maybe when I'm 60 I won't be as good at it.
20th June 2007 06:36 PM
Saint Sway SS,

whats with the book chapter length posts lately?
20th June 2007 06:41 PM
fireontheplatter tonight i will do disc 3...as a matter of fact now
wish me luck

1 and 2 are awesome

loving it
20th June 2007 06:53 PM
mojoman i went to best buy. i looked for the display(none) nothing playing on any of the display monitors. just a few copies. i picked one up i held it, i checked the contents, my wife looked me. 29.99? are you kidding are you actually going to watch it? all four discs? really i think i only viewed each of the 4 flix one time each. i stepped away from it and left....
20th June 2007 07:08 PM
Sir Stonesalot Mojo...it's better than 4 Flix. Hell it's worth $30.00(to me anyway)just to watch that Chinese dude butcher Wild Horses. I laughed so hard I thought I was gonna suffocate from lack of 02.

>whats with the book chapter length posts lately?<

I dunno Sway. I thought I made myself pretty clear. But folks keep drilling me about it...so I drill back. I keep thinking that if I explain my views better, maybe they will see where I'm coming from...or at least try to understand.

Maybe I should go back to telling people to fuck off? That's certainly a hell of a lot easier.
20th June 2007 07:16 PM
mojoman
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Mojo...it's better than 4 Flix. Hell it's worth $30.00(to me anyway)just to watch that Chinese dude butcher Wild Horses. I laughed so hard I thought I was gonna suffocate from lack of 02.

>whats with the book chapter length posts lately?<

I dunno Sway. I thought I made myself pretty clear. But folks keep drilling me about it...so I drill back. I keep thinking that if I explain my views better, maybe they will see where I'm coming from...or at least try to understand.

Maybe I should go back to telling people to fuck off? That's certainly a hell of a lot easier.

thanks sir stones. next time i will go without the wife and pick it up come home an have my way with it like a good whore.
20th June 2007 07:35 PM
Sir Stonesalot >and the crowd was exactly the same on the DVD as on the live bootleg.<

So they re-used the same shot 4 times on live TV?

Baloney. You can see the speed squiggles when it's compared to the rest of the crowd footage. I'm not saying it wasn't wild...but it's an obvious editing trick. I've done it myself. I know what it looks like. You know what though...I don't fuckin' care. Delude yourself into thinking whatever you like. If you wanna fall for that hokey shit, means nada to me.

>Oh, and it's "sped it up," not "speeded it up"...<

And if I want a grammar lesson outta you, I'll fucking ask for one. So in the meantime, fuck off speeded up.

Oh my. That was fun. Maybe I will go back to being mean old SS!
20th June 2007 11:32 PM
iluvmickjagger07 hahaha.. that asian guy forgot his "wild horses" lyrics.
mick's expression is funny.
20th June 2007 11:38 PM
fireontheplatter very disapointed with the get up stand up version.
it pails in compareison to my boot from hartford.
way to short.
21st June 2007 12:34 AM
mojoman
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
very disapointed with the get up stand up version.
it pails in compareison to my boot from hartford.
way to short.

it was a good show in a stifling enviornment. i've had better times at company trainings than at that concert...
21st June 2007 12:01 PM
glencar Stifling? I had a bad time at a HFD Civic Center concert but I thought that show was a bit less annoying in re the security types.
21st June 2007 12:14 PM
Martha
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I'm very happy with the set and I have yet to put in disc 4.

Oh darlin' put it IN! :-)
21st June 2007 12:17 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Martha wrote:

Oh darlin' put it IN! :-)

are you two playing "just the tip"??
21st June 2007 12:19 PM
Martha
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

are you two playing "just the tip"??

LOL I can't keep myself from putting disc 4 in...over and over and over again.
Now, DO IT!

;-)
21st June 2007 12:25 PM
glencar Seriously? I haven't gotten past Disc 1 yet.
21st June 2007 04:25 PM
Some Guy Disc 4 is set for tomorrow night.

You know what that means...

It's gonna be a big night, tater.
21st June 2007 04:36 PM
Nellcote I was moderately impressed with the 1st part of 4.
It could have been improved by showing more of the ballparks from the 1st run of the tour in 05.
If I'm correct, only Rogers Center was shown.
Sure, I'm partial to Fenway, however, there was no linkage from rehearsals to tour opener, it went from rehearsals to date 20 of the tour.
The Super Bowl behind the scenes was interesting.

Break out the Schlitz, roll a fatty, have a Wicked Pissah time, tater!
21st June 2007 05:27 PM
fireontheplatter i have watched everything now...i really like it.
i love the tree next to the austin stage
i love the rio documentary too.

thanks for it rolling stones

everybody say ow

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)