ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Estadio José Alvalade XXI, Lisbon 25th June 2007
© GotToRollMe and Gazza
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Just bought The Biggest Bang @ Best Buy!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
14th June 2007 11:39 PM
Bloozehound These live DVDs are the best thing the Stones have layed on their fans in the past decade, these discs look great, sound great and Stones put on some superb performances. So there's some dubs, it's all part of the magic

maybe the Biggest Bang just brings out some of the Biggest Whiners

15th June 2007 12:51 AM
Sir Stonesalot Got my copy Tuesday.

Haven't opened it yet.

Don't know if I'll even bother. Saw Rio live(at least they said it was live)in a movie theatre, don't really need to see that again. Maybe I'll watch the doco one of these days...not even vaguely interested in the duets. If Austin is all Flashpointed, I don't see the point in watching it either. The Phoenix footage will just make me pissed off that they didn't release the whole show on disc 5.

Eh, I've wasted $30.00 on stupider stuff.
15th June 2007 01:23 AM
MidnightRambler
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Got my copy Tuesday.

Haven't opened it yet.

Don't know if I'll even bother. Saw Rio live(at least they said it was live)in a movie theatre, don't really need to see that again. Maybe I'll watch the doco one of these days...not even vaguely interested in the duets. If Austin is all Flashpointed, I don't see the point in watching it either. The Phoenix footage will just make me pissed off that they didn't release the whole show on disc 5.

So...why did you buy it exactly? You could've made this exact post even without buying it. Yet, you got it on the first day of its release.

Although the majority of people across the messageboards have genuinely been impressed by the documentary especially...I privately, anticipate your review for the material on the set to be mediocre at best...simply because it seems it has already left a bad taste in your mouth..before you even tried it.
15th June 2007 07:05 AM
charlotte I can tell you (as others who were there) the Austin show was that good...Under My Thumb going out to B stage was/is incredible...
15th June 2007 07:29 AM
IanBillen
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Got my copy Tuesday.

Haven't opened it yet.

SSA, you gotta be one of the strangest folk this boards ever known. You actually have IN HAND the brand new 4 disc DVD set that everyone here is talking about. Obtained it the FIRST official day of it's release, .....yet you claim you are so dis-interested in it all you probably won't even end up opening the thing???

WTF

Ian

15th June 2007 07:40 AM
full moon Whiney dope, moron come to mind. That is why..
15th June 2007 12:59 PM
east_river_trucker
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

It is a huge deal. The number of overdubs is on a factor of ten to twenty times more on the Austin show's second half. If they can't get by without presenting by what all accounts was a pretty darn good show in its honest form, well, I'm done buying their "live" product.....if I want overdubs, I'll wait 'till they put out another studio product....

Does that mean you are done with Ya-Ya's as well? It has extensive ovedubs. In fact, I would submit that the overdubing on Ya Ya's was limited only by the technology of 1969.

IMO Best RS DVD product currently legally available remains Live at the MAX - overdubs and all. Which isn't saying a whole lot, considering how little RS DVD product is currently made legally available.
15th June 2007 01:03 PM
Saint Sway UPDATE: Day 5

I still haven't bought the dvd
15th June 2007 01:06 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
east_river_trucker wrote:

Does that mean you are done with Ya-Ya's as well? It has extensive ovedubs.

Yup....I'd rather listen to the boots from that tour...warts and all, at least they're REAL

15th June 2007 03:29 PM
Sir Stonesalot I bought it because I collect Rolling Stones official releases. So why wouldn't I buy it? Is it not an official release? It is now part of the collection. I don't listen to ABB at all anymore either...but I'm keeping it. It has it's place on the shelf to fill, and there it will sit until I die.

I have all the US vinyl albums, in mono(where there was a mono release)and stereo(when there was a stereo release) and all but 3 UK versions on vinyl.

I have around half of all the 45 rpm releases, both UK & USA.

I have all the official CD releases. Including those stupid dance remix things. Never even opened them.

And now...I have all of the DVD releases.

So I ask again...why is that so strange? I am a collector, and I collected. Seems normal to me.
15th June 2007 03:53 PM
sammy davis jr. I collect glass eyes.
15th June 2007 04:27 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
I collect glass eyes.

I'd hardly call one...a collection...lol..Oh BTW...What do you think of the new Oceans 13?....Always thought you and the garbage truck were the stars of the original...Eeeoooooohhhhhhh 11.....
[Edited by gimmekeef]
15th June 2007 04:31 PM
Nellcote Hey GK, wtf is this under your name?

Resident Southern Hemisphere Cretin

Would this be considered a promotion?
15th June 2007 04:35 PM
Sir Stonesalot >I collect glass eyes.<

I love the one that makes it look like you have a nipple on your eyeball. That thing is awesome.

Almost makes me wanna poke out one of my eyes so I can have a nipple eye too.
15th June 2007 04:36 PM
Saint Sway I'm gonna watch "Ladies & Gentleman" tonight
15th June 2007 06:55 PM
throbby For shame! Is that legally available?
16th June 2007 12:26 AM
IanBillen
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I bought it because I collect Rolling Stones official releases. So why wouldn't I buy it? Is it not an official release? It is now part of the collection. I don't listen to ABB at all anymore either...but I'm keeping it. It has it's place on the shelf to fill, and there it will sit until I die.

I have all the US vinyl albums, in mono(where there was a mono release)and stereo(when there was a stereo release) and all but 3 UK versions on vinyl.

I have around half of all the 45 rpm releases, both UK & USA.

I have all the official CD releases. Including those stupid dance remix things. Never even opened them.

And now...I have all of the DVD releases.

So I ask again...why is that so strange? I am a collector, and I collected. Seems normal to me.

Ok. I respect that. But I am going to tell you that you and pdog whine all day and night long.

All you guys do is whine and complain about everything The Stones release, put out studio wise, or perform live.

A Bigger Bang was a more straight forward simpler rock based affair we had all been longing for yet you two complained it sucked...

Now this new DVD set is getting basically over all balls out great reviews and is supposed to be the shit....yet you claim you are so disinterested and negative about it you won't even play the thing to see it yourself, even though you have a brand new copy sitting right on your shelf.

If it is not Exile on Main Street you two will complain that it sucks. No matter what they do or put out anymore it is never good enough.

What do they have to do for you or pdog to not whine, complain, or downgrade it's quality?

If The Rolling Stones came and played live for you in your living rooms both of you would conger up something in saying how bad they suck anymore. Enough is enough.

Ian

16th June 2007 12:28 AM
tobis Picked it up today and thought why did I pay almost $40 cdn for this DVD. Well we just watched most of DVD 3 and 4 and we were really impressed! There are a few warts this time. Some 'home movies' via Mick's handheld cam. Shows some of the lame sit down audiences how to party - re Argentina - 30,000 person mosh pit. And the 2 AM night before the show 100 person mosh pit outside of the hotel! Some airplane and hotel footage. Some Vancouver footage yes! - couldn't see my boys red hat though aka start me up on u-tube!

Enough shots to make probably most everyone think 'I was there'! It's really good! Not that I like what cohl does to the boys, but his son put together a not over edited - not under edited pretty good collection. Looking forward to disk 1 and 2 tomorrow.

Of course everyone wishes to have the full DVD of 'their' show. But just stop whining and enjoy it. Pretty Big Bang for the buck (I couldn't resist).
[Edited by tobis]
16th June 2007 03:27 AM
moonlitemiler just finished 4th cd very good info...loved last dvd...TheD.
16th June 2007 03:31 AM
MidnightRambler
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

Ok. I respect that. But I am going to tell you that you and pdog whine all day and night long.

All you guys do is whine and complain about everything The Stones release, put out studio wise, or perform live.

A Bigger Bang was a more straight forward simpler rock based affair we had all been longing for yet you two complained it sucked...

Now this new DVD set is getting basically over all balls out great reviews and is supposed to be the shit....yet you claim you are so disinterested and negative about it you won't even play the thing to see it yourself, even though you have a brand new copy sitting right on your shelf.

If it is not Exile on Main Street you two will complain that it sucks. No matter what they do or put out anymore it is never good enough.

What do they have to do for you or pdog to not whine, complain, or downgrade it's quality?

If The Rolling Stones came and played live for you in your living rooms both of you would conger up something in saying how bad they suck anymore. Enough is enough.

Ian

Was thinking the same thing.

Of course, I am in no right to speak on anyone's behalf or make rude/exaggerated assumptions...but hell...it's a messageboard and posting thoughts is what its all about.

There are a handful of posters on this site that are a weird bunch. In a nut shell...they love the Stones....and then they equally dislike them at the same time. They will be the first to prove and admit that they love the Stones with all their heart (as some might in defense to these posts against them)...but dislike and dissaprove every product they've released after a certain album. For some, the end of the Stones was Exile....Some Girls...Tattoo You...etc etc...it varies.

Since then, I assume a habit was born: A habit which includes a pessimistic, spoiled, and cold behavior towards the band. At some point, the band has wronged these few posters in a way that has left them scarred, it seems. In the meantime...I believe a sense of pride took over. A mentality and mantra that goes something like "Hey, the Rolling Stones dont control me....I control them." This, and just a little ounce of "I wanna be different from everyone else." Some people want to be loners and go against the crowd...these few posters seem to fit that bill.

Its all psychological, I think: A hesitation in giving the band credit when they, the posters, have successfully withdrawn themselves from praising the Stones for so long. It has been years since theyve applauded something theyve done...why start now?

Then again, the Stones have a huge curse on their hands: their longevity. They've created SO MANY fans from so many decades...that its hard to please everyone today, in the year 2007. Comparing them from decade to decade is inevitable...but oh so unfair. Things change. Sometimes people expect too much from them because it seems like we act like the Stones changed--without our permission.

People are baffled that such a band that rocked balls 10, 20, 30, 40 years ago...has "decayed" so much lately. Just because our ears have remained the same during all that time passing...doesnt mean everything else around us has stayed the same also. From our faces, body, speed and energy...time does huge things to us. But we accept it for ourselves...."Hold on a minute..I'm tired...I'm not as fast as I was 10 years ago." Understandable, right? Oh, but not for the Stones? "Hey, you fuckers...when you're up there on stage...you gotta play like you did 20 years ago... or else...."

Who knows what the reasons are for these posters' displeasure. Perhaps we'll hear them after these posts? They might range from...the ridiculous ticket prices? the set lists? the way Keith plays? their style of performing as of late? hating them because they do not play as well as they did in the past? Who knows the reasons.

But we've seen these kind of posters on any kind of board. That one poster that is hard to please and has a laundry list of gripes towards the artist.

In my mind...I lump them all in a group where they can watch the Biggest Bang DVDs...in their mind, secretly, admit that it actually IS a successful product...but still won't admit it to the board. They won't praise it as passionately as their negative comments. Is it pride? In my book, it falls under that "urge to be different."

Somewhere around this argument I suspect that someone will make clear that they are an honest fan and not just some delusional fan that loves everything the stones put out and who doesn't have a mind of their own. Before Im being accused...I'd like to mention that I am not one of those fans. I am aware of the issues the Stones have had lately...Keiths playing...the songs choices...the decisions they've made with the tour...ticket prices...all the shit. I'm not just following a herd of sheep and embracing everything that involves them. I'd like to think I'm fair though. Sure, I wish Keith could shape up a bit...but I'm understanding that these aren't robots...whose performance is static for 40 years. They are human beings.

Of course, I eagerly await any response because it's a very curious subject for me because I always have a hard time understanding the same people who whine and complain on the board...go to Stones shows and sit at their seats with their arms folded screaming out: "BORING!" when in fact I suspect you can find them at shows jumping and screaming the whole time. If theyre still going to Stones shows on a regular basis I believe the complaining in their posts is pure bullshit and hypocritical. It's an inconsistent behavior that seems two-faced.

I'm prepared to take the crap for the remarks made.
16th June 2007 03:43 AM
moonlitemiler
quote:
moonlitemiler wrote:
just finished 4th cd very good info...loved last dvd...TheD.

i am also going 2 london 2 c 3 or so shows this aug. i m looking 4 a travel patner 2 keep costs down...am going from aug. 14 thru aug. 28 give or take...let me know if there r any REAL stones fans out there, who can put money where mouth lies...TheD.
16th June 2007 04:04 AM
Altamont
quote:
MidnightRambler wrote:

Of course, I am in no right to speak on anyone's behalf or make rude/exaggerated assumptions...but hell...it's a messageboard and posting thoughts is what its all about.

There are a handful of posters on this site that are a weird bunch. In a nut shell...they love the Stones....and then they equally dislike them at the same time. They will be the first to prove and admit that they love the Stones with all their heart (as some might in defense to these posts against them)...but dislike and dissaprove every product they've released after a certain album. For some, the end of the Stones was Exile....Some Girls...Tattoo You...etc etc...it varies.

Since then, I assume a habit was born: A habit which includes a pessimistic, spoiled, and cold behavior towards the band. At some point, the band has wronged these few posters in a way that has left them scarred, it seems. In the meantime...I believe a sense of pride took over. A mentality and mantra that goes something like "Hey, the Rolling Stones dont control me....I control them." This, and just a little ounce of "I wanna be different from everyone else." Some people want to be loners and go against the crowd...these few posters seem to fit that bill.

I think that's pretty accurate really. Though some actually have a point which I agree with, others seem to just have a fetish for pissing and moaning. And yes, it seems to have become some weird fetish.
16th June 2007 04:06 AM
moonlitemiler is this the way to reply??? i hope so....have been reading too many words about the stones...you dont get it...the stones are a garage band that made it big...its the raw way the band approaches the last 40 years that proves this...it doesent matter if one or the other thing is not up to someone elses standards...it only matters that most of the people are SATISFIED most of the time...I have seen over 60 shows in 4 countries...NEVER been disappointed...have great memories of ALLLLL shows...that is ALL that matters....it is an experience and not something to be altered to perfection by 20/20 vision...the stones dont care if you are personally empressed...too many years on the road listening to morons who just dont gwt it...rock and roll lives without permission of its elders...changing all the time..."miss you" included just
listen...you will most likely get it sooner or later...TheD.
16th June 2007 04:19 AM
moonlitemiler is this live or what? someone reply...TheD.
16th June 2007 04:27 AM
moonlitemiler HELP...new to this site...is there anybody out there????
16th June 2007 04:30 AM
Altamont What's your question?
16th June 2007 04:41 AM
IanBillen
quote:
MidnightRambler wrote:

Its all psychological, I think: A hesitation in giving the band credit when they, the posters, have successfully withdrawn themselves from praising the Stones for so long. It has been years since theyve applauded something theyve done...why start now?

Then again, the Stones have a huge curse on their hands: their longevity. They've created SO MANY fans from so many decades...that its hard to please everyone today, in the year 2007. Comparing them from decade to decade is inevitable...but oh so unfair. Things change. Sometimes people expect too much from them because it seems like we act like the Stones changed--without our permission.

People are baffled that such a band that rocked balls 10, 20, 30, 40 years ago...has "decayed" so much lately. Just because our ears have remained the same during all that time passing...doesnt mean everything else around us has stayed the same also. From our faces, body, speed and energy...time does huge things to us. But we accept it for ourselves...."Hold on a minute..I'm tired...I'm not as fast as I was 10 years ago." Understandable, right? Oh, but not for the Stones? "Hey, you fuckers...when you're up there on stage...you gotta play like you did 20 years ago... or else...."

Who knows what the reasons are for these posters' displeasure. Perhaps we'll hear them after these posts? They might range from...the ridiculous ticket prices? the set lists? the way Keith plays? their style of performing as of late? hating them because they do not play as well as they did in the past? Who knows the reasons.

But we've seen these kind of posters on any kind of board. That one poster that is hard to please and has a laundry list of gripes towards the artist.

In my mind...I lump them all in a group where they can watch the Biggest Bang DVDs...in their mind, secretly, admit that it actually IS a successful product...but still won't admit it to the board. They won't praise it as passionately as their negative comments. Is it pride? In my book, it falls under that "urge to be different."

Somewhere around this argument I suspect that someone will make clear that they are an honest fan and not just some delusional fan that loves everything the stones put out and who doesn't have a mind of their own. Before Im being accused...I'd like to mention that I am not one of those fans. I am aware of the issues the Stones have had lately...Keiths playing...the songs choices...the decisions they've made with the tour...ticket prices...all the shit. I'm not just following a herd of sheep and embracing everything that involves them. I'd like to think I'm fair though. Sure, I wish Keith could shape up a bit...but I'm understanding that these aren't robots...whose performance is static for 40 years. They are human beings.

Of course, I eagerly await any response because it's a very curious subject for me because I always have a hard time understanding the same people who whine and complain on the board...go to Stones shows and sit at their seats with their arms folded screaming out: "BORING!" when in fact I suspect you can find them at shows jumping and screaming the whole time. If theyre still going to Stones shows on a regular basis I believe the complaining in their posts is pure bullshit and hypocritical. It's an inconsistent behavior that seems two-faced.

I'm prepared to take the crap for the remarks made.

Wow. An in-depth anaylized hypothsesis on this crazy Whiner/Stones Pecemist phenomenom.

I totaly agree with what you have said and why you said it. I could not of put it better myself.

*I want to make it very clear that I do not dis-like anyone for their stubborn views. I just don't get why they feel the need to complain, go against the grain, or be purposely different?

I have not been 100% pleased with EVERYTHING the Stones have done yesterday or today.

But I know when something is good whether it is 35 years old or released last week.

Voodoo Lounge-great album over all.
Stripped-Some nice songs but was not 100% all my cup of tea.
Bridges to Babylon-good album, different, a few things they may of went over the top on in a couple songs.
Forty Licks New Songs-2 pretty good tunes, two fair at best songs.
Four Flicks-Good Stuff. Liked it.
A Bigger Bang- Solid, Loud, up front rockin Stones. How could any Stones fan NOT like it? I was pleased.

So that is my take. Hell I think Black and Blue should of never been released without some additional quality songs. I don't LOVE IORR the album over-all. I think it is upper fair side and thats it.

So there are ups and downs. That what makes the ups so "up".

I don't slam them just to do it. I rarely slam them any way.

I am still very happy they are around and can release a quality product. I will check out the DVD with an open mind and some excited anticipation. then I'll call it like I see it. If for some odd reason I think it is lack-luster. I will say it...."kinda lack-luster" in my eyes. But I won't call their mother any names lol

Ian

Ian
16th June 2007 05:10 AM
pdog
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

Ian

wtf did I say bad about the dvd?
16th June 2007 06:04 AM
lotsajizz there are some blind fanatics here who fetishistically would adore Mick chanting the Yellow Pages in Sanskrit and Keith hitting bum notes throughout and call it 'great music' or 'best since Tattoo You'.....I can only conclude they just don;t know any better....
16th June 2007 08:02 AM
Some Guy The Austin show blew me out of my fuckin seat and I pulled a hamstring.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)