ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Estadio José Alvalade XXI, Lisbon 25th June 2007
© GotToRollMe and Gazza
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Just bought The Biggest Bang @ Best Buy!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
12th June 2007 07:23 PM
lotsajizz Best Buy got mine to me today but I've been working 'till now....I saw 'Get Up Stand Up' on my lunch break.....and it was awesome!! I wish and hope they do that one more often.
12th June 2007 08:26 PM
Bloozehound MOOOO! MMMOOOOO!!

12th June 2007 08:38 PM
melanie123 would anyone mind uploading "She's So Cold" from Austin onto youtube?? I would do it myself but I don't know how. thanks!
12th June 2007 09:03 PM
lotsajizz buy the damned thing!
12th June 2007 09:12 PM
melanie123 i did! but there's a clip of me in that song and i wanted to post it on my myspace...even though that's pretty lame
12th June 2007 09:53 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
MOOOO! MMMOOOOO!!

a forty pounder of schlitz!!!!!
damn dude....no such thing as that in these here parts.

i take it you made a purchase today......

12th June 2007 10:07 PM
lotsajizz that Austin show is on now...quite good, much better than that Foxboro train wreck or the Chicago Ice Age show....'Bob Wills Is Still King' rules!!

12th June 2007 10:11 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
Best Buy got mine to me today but I've been working 'till now....I saw 'Get Up Stand Up' on my lunch break.....and it was awesome!! I wish and hope they do that one more often.

they played get up stand up at the hartford conn show...i am sitting wondering if this is where that version is taken from

12th June 2007 11:50 PM
glencar I was unable to purchase this today.
13th June 2007 12:01 AM
Dan
quote:
glencar wrote:
I was unable to purchase this today.

I was unable to purchase the new Jesus Lizard DVD at Amoeba today, so I am watching the Stones. I am enjoying the hell out of the Austin show.
13th June 2007 12:10 AM
glencar I shall purchase/enjoy tomorrow night.
13th June 2007 12:12 AM
mrhipfl Mick goes absolutely wild during get off of my cloud in austin.
13th June 2007 12:18 AM
The_Worst
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

they played get up stand up at the hartford conn show...i am sitting wondering if this is where that version is taken from

Glad to see everyone is enjoying the DVD (as I have been for 3 days now!!)

I was at the Hartford show-does anyone know if this is where this is from?
13th June 2007 12:54 AM
Dan
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
Mick goes absolutely wild during get off of my cloud in austin.

Those vocals sound so fake! I wish I could compare it with an audience recording.
13th June 2007 12:57 AM
mrhipfl
quote:
Dan wrote:

Those vocals sound so fake! I wish I could compare it with an audience recording.

wait till you get to satisfaction dude. Mick sounds like he does on the flashpoint cd.
13th June 2007 12:58 AM
mrhipfl
quote:
The_Worst wrote:

Glad to see everyone is enjoying the DVD (as I have been for 3 days now!!)

I was at the Hartford show-does anyone know if this is where this is from?

I am pretty sure it's from the phoenix.
13th June 2007 01:16 AM
Throwaway Get Up Stand Up and Mr Pitiful I thought were from the Canadian Club show.
13th June 2007 01:17 AM
Dan
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:

wait till you get to satisfaction dude. Mick sounds like he does on the flashpoint cd.

Yeah that was also quite conspicuous. Wish that DVD was longer though.
MidnightRambler
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:

Thinkin the same thing, mam

he's got the growl on all the warhorses after the b-stage. i don't think i can even watch that half....very unnatural
mrhipfl
quote:
Throwaway wrote:
Get Up Stand Up and Mr Pitiful I thought were from the Canadian Club show.

yeah, Toronto. But I think the club is called the phoenix...
13th June 2007 01:18 AM
CraigP Keith does try to go on and on with lacklustre lead guitar.
I also hate when jagger utters anything thru the mic cutting into Ronnie while he's 'landing' a good solo.
Upside: not many obvious 'cuts' or overdubs at all on the
guitar section. Just a good mix.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this release.
I am 21 years old, I've gotten my sister, yes MY YOUNGER SISTER (big rap fan) was intrigued and glued to the screen in amazement.
Same reaction with my friends, the occasional Stones listeners. They've learned to put up with my obsession and are seeing why I am so.

13th June 2007 01:23 AM
mrhipfl The Rio disc still has the best performance from the band, imo. They should have cut sympathy from Austin and left it in for the Rio show. Keith pulled out a decent solo in Rio.
13th June 2007 01:55 AM
Gimme Shelter What I've watched so far totally rocks!!!!!!
13th June 2007 07:44 AM
lotsajizz Austin is a very good show....but then I got to the b-stage section. Never have I seen more overdubbing for a concert performance! From that point on, the HEAVY dubbing is dominant...seems they lost some steam as the show went on...
13th June 2007 08:03 AM
Nellcote Got home late last night, but, had to see some of it..
Popped the Austin 1st, right to the bonus cuts. The 2 jams
are wicked pissah. Went to the show, SSC had Ronno
blazing. I did not notice any dubs on Bob Willis
thought it showcased Ronnie again. Drifted off
after SOL, more 2nite. Great so far...packaging, booklet tanks big time...
13th June 2007 09:20 AM
voodoopug
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:

yeah, Toronto. But I think the club is called the phoenix...

THat is accurate.
13th June 2007 10:05 AM
chevysales
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

well it definetly wasn't from the msg show thats for sure... the hartford one imo was great
13th June 2007 10:16 AM
voodoopug
quote:
chevysales wrote:

well it definetly wasn't from the msg show thats for sure... the hartford one imo was great

It is definitely from "The Phoenix" in Toronto. Look at the size of the stage if you don't believe me. The Hartford Stage was the "On Stage" structure and was significantly larger and the Arena stage did not have the backing vocalists crowding the front of the stage.
13th June 2007 11:03 AM
Saint Sway funny thing happened on my way to Best Buy yesterday... I just kept walking right past it.

I dunno, not sure I want to watch footage of Keith solo'ing the same Chuck Berry shit thru every song

I'm sure I'll eventually cave and get it though
13th June 2007 11:06 AM
Nellcote Ah, ya know you'll get it.
It's the extras which do it for me.
Ronnie shines more than FF, from what
I've caught to date.
Keith is Keith.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)