ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Estadio José Alvalade XXI, Lisbon 25th June 2007
© GotToRollMe and Gazza
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Just bought The Biggest Bang @ Best Buy!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
11th June 2007 04:43 PM
glencar Well, I went to the nearest Best Buy & no luck. They didn't even have circulars at that store. I shall buy it tomorrow but I won't get around to watching it until the next night.
11th June 2007 04:52 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

sup my nizzle? archaic reference?

Some good reviews for this, I am giddy!

Its gonna be a slow and lonely night outside of Best Buy, T

11th June 2007 06:19 PM
Some Guy So I venture out to my local Best Buy Inc. As I'm walking to the door, I hear the sounds of Miss You played on a car stereo parked away from the store. I get closer and I smell the pungent smell of stcky icky in the air. These 2 young dudes ask if I wanna hit, they are camping out to buy the dvd tomorrow. They caranked miss you as I walked away. The line forms here, they shouted.
11th June 2007 06:35 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
So I venture out to my local Best Buy Inc. As I'm walking to the door, I hear the sounds of Miss You played on a car stereo parked away from the store. I get closer and I smell the pungent smell of stcky icky in the air. These 2 young dudes ask if I wanna hit, they are camping out to buy the dvd tomorrow. They caranked miss you as I walked away. The line forms here, they shouted.

Them wooks must think The Biggest Bang is an X Box upgrade...
12th June 2007 12:22 AM
Dan It didn't come in the mail today. I am going to see John Doe tomorrow but maybe I will have a chance to watch it this week.
12th June 2007 12:33 AM
glencar
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
So I venture out to my local Best Buy Inc. As I'm walking to the door, I hear the sounds of Miss You played on a car stereo parked away from the store. I get closer and I smell the pungent smell of stcky icky in the air. These 2 young dudes ask if I wanna hit, they are camping out to buy the dvd tomorrow. They caranked miss you as I walked away. The line forms here, they shouted.

I heard Can't You Hear Me Knocking at the new sporting goods store I went to this afternoon. Amazing that it's now played!
12th June 2007 06:51 AM
egon
quote:
glencar wrote:
I heard Can't You Hear Me Knocking at the new sporting goods store I went to this afternoon.

getting in shape for summer?
12th June 2007 12:27 PM
mickmask
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

Them wooks must think The Biggest Bang is an X Box upgrade...

12th June 2007 12:38 PM
Dan It came today. I will watch some of it when I go home for lunch.
12th June 2007 12:45 PM
glencar
quote:
egon wrote:

getting in shape for summer?

LOL Trying...
12th June 2007 02:39 PM
Sir Stonesalot Aw, what the hell...I gotta drive right past Best Buy tomorrow anyhow. Might as well pick up a copy.

Oooooooooohhhh...wait a second. Father's Day is Sunday, right? Heh heh, I'll just get my wife to get it for me, and I'll put the $30 I woulda spent towards getting in the right frame of mind for watchin' it.
12th June 2007 02:49 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Aw, what the hell...I gotta drive right past Best Buy tomorrow anyhow. Might as well pick up a copy.

Oooooooooohhhh...wait a second. Father's Day is Sunday, right? Heh heh, I'll just get my wife to get it for me, and I'll put the $30 I woulda spent towards getting in the right frame of mind for watchin' it.

I bought two copies just now. One for me and one for my father for Father's Day. I have informed the Mrs. and the kids that tonite is "Family Movie Night"
12th June 2007 02:56 PM
pdog
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I bought two copies just now. One for me and one for my father for Father's Day. I have informed the Mrs. and the kids that tonite is "Family Movie Night"

How do you get the kids, in the right frame of mind?
12th June 2007 03:03 PM
gimmekeef I pre-ordered mine....was hoping it woul dland early UPS as it was shipped last Thursday.Pricks snail mailed it..It better be there when I get home tonight...or ELSE I will have to dash to Best Buy and get a "backup" copy....lol
12th June 2007 03:06 PM
voodoopug
quote:
pdog wrote:

How do you get the kids, in the right frame of mind?

The oldest one is not even three and the youngest is 15 months old. Its pretty simple, you sit them down in front of the TV, give them some Juice, Milk, or Yogurt, and let them enjoy the show!
12th June 2007 03:10 PM
pdog Pug, don't answer my set up questions seriously... I tossed you perfect pitch to knock one out...
12th June 2007 03:14 PM
voodoopug
quote:
pdog wrote:
Pug, don't answer my set up questions seriously... I tossed you perfect pitch to knock one out...

Its just not fair to the B listers for me to take them all....I need to leave a few cookies up there sometimes. (see: joey leaving the state of Nebraska to pick me up at my hotel!)
12th June 2007 04:01 PM
sammy davis jr. If there are overdubs on it, and I'm sure there are, I still caught two or three trainwrecks just in the hour I watched. Keith needs to quit playing leads throughout the songs.....Ronnie plays and sounds almost proficient in his parts, but Keith playing lead throughout just kills the songs (ex: She's So Cold) .

Picture quality & Sound: 9
Band Performances: 6
12th June 2007 05:02 PM
Saint Sway how is the bonus crap?
12th June 2007 05:06 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
If there are overdubs on it, and I'm sure there are, I still caught two or three trainwrecks just in the hour I watched. Keith needs to quit playing leads throughout the songs.....Ronnie plays and sounds almost proficient in his parts, but Keith playing lead throughout just kills the songs (ex: She's So Cold) .

Picture quality & Sound: 9
Band Performances: 6

interest comment...i will look out for that.
i haven't got my copy yet, but i look forward to it.

everybody say ow.
12th June 2007 05:08 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
how is the bonus crap?

THe background info on the Around world disc is all I have watched so far, and it is pretty interesting, nothing groundbreaking, but for $29.99, there is some value here.
12th June 2007 05:11 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
Keith needs to quit playing leads throughout the songs.....Ronnie plays and sounds almost proficient in his parts, but Keith playing lead throughout just kills the songs (ex: She's So Cold) .

Amen. When he sticks to rhythm, I almost forget that he can barely play anymore. One would think think that, as Keith's dexterity naturally diminishes with age (and other things), that he'd pick his spots and simplify things. From '97 through the Licks tour, he was opting more and more often for open-G (LSTNT, Stray Cat Blues, Wanna Hold You, etc.)

Now things are drifting back into standard - and sucking.
12th June 2007 05:16 PM
CraigP Somebody doubted my reasoning for assuming the release of "a Four Flicks type set way back when there were whispers about a potential release.

When I saw this thread last Sunday, about how it was released 2 days early, I couldn't beleive it.

Anyways, my DVD player craps out the same week Biggest ang comes out. So I bot a nice new one

This is undoubtedly my favorite DVD release!!!

Crank it up!!! Digital Surround Sound, baby.

My rating, 4.5 out of 5
Thank god they got a new live sound engineer after the bland, queaky clean, tinny "vegas" tone (which i hated) of the licks tour, which is dubious in Four Flicks.

This is a true gem.

12th June 2007 05:16 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Now things are drifting back into standard - and sucking.

^ this is the perfect lyric for the next one of Keith's recycled ballads
12th June 2007 05:39 PM
sammy davis jr. The bonus stuff is pretty good, although I haven't watched the duet crap. The documentary is interesting, if only to see what a huge production they lug around gods creation.....only to be mediocre as a band. They truly are arrogant pricks. Charlie's "spotlight" is the best IMO. There are plenty of "cringeworthy" moments. There is an awful one where Little T&A is reduced to a Vegas act: Keith even starts this bizarre gesturing during it. It's also nice to see the boys going to the meet and greets that people are paying top dollar for.....and act as though they'd rather be getting their teeth pulled.
12th June 2007 05:44 PM
_Boomy_
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
The bonus stuff is pretty good, although I haven't watched the duet crap. The documentary is interesting, if only to see what a huge production they lug around gods creation.....only to be mediocre as a band. They truly are arrogant pricks. Charlie's "spotlight" is the best IMO. There are plenty of "cringeworthy" moments. There is an awful one where Little T&A is reduced to a Vegas act: Keith even starts this bizarre gesturing during it. It's also nice to see the boys going to the meet and greets that people are paying top dollar for.....and act as though they'd rather be getting their teeth pulled.

Honestly, I'm not sure that I would like to meet these guys. Maybe Charlie or Ron would be a nice guys to talk with, but the Glimmer Twins would probably disappoint me.
12th June 2007 05:47 PM
iluvmickjagger07 damn!
i ordered mine on the first day. i just got home and no sign of the dvd still.
i want to watch it so bad
12th June 2007 05:51 PM
Dan
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:

Honestly, I'm not sure that I would like to meet these guys. Maybe Charlie or Ron would be a nice guys to talk with, but the Glimmer Twins would probably disappoint me.

I have absolutely no interest in meeting any of them. I like the music, but as far them as people? I couldn't care less. They are cartoon characters to me.

I watched the first 3 songs at home. I kinda like "She's So Cold." I wish they would have the backing vocals on those songs turned down that low at the actual concerts.
12th June 2007 05:53 PM
east_river_trucker Does anybody else find it a little painful to watch gorgeous, young, beautiful, South American teenagers going nuts for a bunch of gross old geezers up on stage?

Best moment:

Mick Jagger smarting off to the Chinese press about the Chinese cultural ministry banning some songs to protect the morals of the bankers and the banker's girlfriends who come to the show.

Mick Jagger, you ARE a fucking banker!!!!!!!!!!

And I don't mean that in a flattering way.
12th June 2007 06:27 PM
gimmekeef I order on first day of advance sale...They ship last Thursday...and its still not here ...FUCK YOU BEST BUY!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)