ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Estadio José Alvalade XXI, Lisbon 25th June 2007
© GotToRollMe and Gazza
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Just bought The Biggest Bang @ Best Buy!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
9th June 2007 10:33 PM
The_Worst I thought the official release wasn't until Tuesday. I think some stock boy who didn't care just put it out on the shelves. Either way, I'm watching the Austin show now-Great stuff. I especially like Keith sing "Learning the Game"-what a great tune-he even plays guitar on it! "Bob Wills is still the King" is great too. I also think this is one of the better versions of "Sway" that they did on the tour. Looks like a long night of boozing & watching the Stones tonight!
9th June 2007 10:41 PM
mrhipfl weird, they shipped early and put them on shelves early. I might have to go to Best Buy tomorrow to check it out.

I'm jealous
[Edited by mrhipfl]
9th June 2007 11:49 PM
The_Worst Yeah I lucked out-The bonus footage on the Austin disk of "I can't be Satisfied" is great!! Just them jamming-reminded me of the footage from Switzerland of the Stones jamming when the were preparing for the '72 tour-just raw, stripped down Stones!!
10th June 2007 02:08 AM
Bloozehound The "Austin virgins" as King Mick called themselves that night, got their cherries busted for all to see in the live music capital of the world...off the fuckin chain... the schlitz on ice
10th June 2007 09:51 AM
Some Guy I'm swinging by Best Buy today, see if I get lucky.
10th June 2007 02:53 PM
mrhipfl WOOOOT!!!
I just bought my copy too. Seems they moved up the release date. There was a shelve full of them right by the entrance. Must have had like 15 copies. I'm stoked. It's gonna be a good day !!
10th June 2007 02:57 PM
mrhipfl the sound's incredible!
10th June 2007 03:11 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
The_Worst wrote:
I thought the official release wasn't until Tuesday. I think some stock boy who didn't care just put it out on the shelves. Either way, I'm watching the Austin show now-Great stuff. I especially like Keith sing "Learning the Game"-what a great tune-he even plays guitar on it! "Bob Wills is still the King" is great too. I also think this is one of the better versions of "Sway" that they did on the tour. Looks like a long night of boozing & watching the Stones tonight!

how much did you pay for this?
10th June 2007 03:12 PM
mrhipfl Mick has never been more animated on a DVD!
10th June 2007 03:15 PM
voodoopug
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

how much did you pay for this?

It's $29.99 available only at Best Buy in the US (not sure which stores are distributing it internationally)
10th June 2007 03:19 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

It's $29.99 available only at Best Buy in the US (not sure which stores are distributing it internationally)

that seems like a reasonable price for 4 dvds

maybe i'll pick up a copy.
10th June 2007 03:26 PM
rogerriffin
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

that seems like a reasonable price for 4 dvds

maybe i'll pick up a copy.

Yes there in USA, but in Mèxico FourFlicks never sold at less than 100 usd, dont want thhink about Biggest Bang...

I bought in e-bay, hope arrives soon...
10th June 2007 03:54 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
rogerriffin wrote:

Yes there in USA, but in Mèxico FourFlicks never sold at less than 100 usd, dont want thhink about Biggest Bang...

I bought in e-bay, hope arrives soon...

100 yankee dollars for 4 flicks?

that sounds a tad excessive
10th June 2007 04:29 PM
rogerriffin
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

100 yankee dollars for 4 flicks?

that sounds a tad excessive

yes 100 usd for it, and the international version that sell here have a mistake in the print of discs...

Disc 2 have the paint of 3 and viceversa...
10th June 2007 05:51 PM
Bloozehound checked 2 Best Buys today and they only had advertising for BB coming out next week and a big display of FF DVDs

10th June 2007 05:58 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
checked 2 Best Buys today and they only had advertising for BB coming out next week and a big display of FF DVDs

That's odd. Weird that 2 best buys made the same mistake?
10th June 2007 06:13 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
checked 2 Best Buys today and they only had advertising for BB coming out next week and a big display of FF DVDs

i guess the schlitz ice and you will have to hurry up and wait until tuesday....

hey..........there's always 2 live crew.

everybody say ow
10th June 2007 06:14 PM
Bloozehound It's a conspiracy wrapped in an enigma shrouded in mystery
10th June 2007 09:05 PM
Steel Wheels Best Buy in Philadelphia had it on the shelves since BEFORE the weekend.

10th June 2007 09:38 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

i guess the schlitz ice and you will have to hurry up and wait until tuesday....

hey..........there's always 2 live crew.

everybody say ow

You see me and my homies like to play this game
Gettin skunked on the Schlitz till we forget our own names
We all would line up in a single file line
Drinkin the Schlitz till we fell on our behinds
But every time it came to me, I was shit out of luck
Because I'd take a hit of Schlitz and it would get stuck
The girls would say "Stop" I'd say "I'm not"
That's enough, I quit, because y'all are Schlitz'n me out

We outta here, word to your mudders...

10th June 2007 10:43 PM
mrhipfl Learning the game's fantastic! I've never heard that song before. great riff.
10th June 2007 10:57 PM
glencar I'll have to check it out tomorrow.
10th June 2007 11:41 PM
corgi37 Dunno when it will come out in Oz. We got 4flicks pretty quick, but it was something like $90.00 when it came out.

Was $30.00 about 2 weeks later, lol
11th June 2007 06:11 AM
Bob Tamp Sound quality blows Four Flicks out of the water. Some really great moments. There were sometimes that I felt I was watching the stones of the seventies like I CAN'T BE SATISFIED and the clips from the Phoenix Club show. Real magic that I havent seen from these guys in years. Yes, you can hear Mr Wood in the mix. Some people will bitch because there is definately some over dubs on it, but I could care less. I think they put more effort into this one than Four Flicks. The song selection isn't as varied as FF, but its done very well.
Highly, Highly recommended. I think non fans will actually like this.
11th June 2007 06:30 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Any news on a British release date/price?
11th June 2007 04:31 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I'm swinging by Best Buy today, see if I get lucky.

remember to wear the U2 t-shirt - the chicks hanging out in the digital camera section will definitly dig it

good luck
11th June 2007 04:33 PM
pdog No copies are being sold here until Tuesday... I checked, and feel stupid for doing so...
11th June 2007 04:34 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
pdog wrote:
No copies are being sold here until Tuesday... I checked, and feel stupid for doing so...

LOL. I almost bit on that one too.
11th June 2007 04:37 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

remember to wear the U2 t-shirt - the chicks hanging out in the digital camera section will definitly dig it

good luck

sup my nizzle? archaic reference?

Some good reviews for this, I am giddy!
11th June 2007 04:39 PM
mrhipfl kinda disappointed on the picture quality though. Austin is incredible, Rio looks fine, but the Buenos Aires show looks like an old vhs.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)