ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Unknown Author with thanks to Irina
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The WhoLive.TV (nsc) Return to archive
26th June 2006 07:20 AM
Gazza Only got this mailshot from eelpie.com today as it was sent to my work e-mail at the weekend - so its too late for the Leeds Wireless festival webcast, but Who fans might find it interesting for future shows :

Welcome to In The Attic / The Who WebTV
We are making history ... and you can help make it happen

In The Attic and The Who have joined forces to offer the world's first major global tour - LIVE and On-Line. As they move around Europe, the USA and then the rest of the world, you can watch it all happen in the comfort of your home.

Feel the atmosphere; join the team and their guests on this amazing global event.

visit
www.TheWhoLive.TV

Both In The Attic and The Who will be shown LIVE this weekend from the Wireless Festival in Leeds.

In The Attic is absolutely FREE and The Who broadcast is only 99 cent which is going directly to the Teenage Cancer Trust. For this we are broadcasting at least 3 - 4 Live tracks plus a selection of exclusive archive material.

Pete Townshend is even giving away the LAST guitar he will EVER smash to raise money to build a school in New Orleans with a large music department.

Can't view the video. Visit the site here
http://thewholive.tv/frontdoor/

26th June 2006 08:15 AM
jostorm Thanks for that, Gazza.
Amazing, 0.99$ to watch any show AND the money goes to charity??
Just exactly like the Stones' philanthropic spirit, right?????

Yesterday I attended the wireless O2 Festival at Harewood House with my daughter. Nice atmosphere, very "British": jugs of Pimm's for sale, loads of people all ages with picnic blankets, hampers, bottles of bubbly sitting in a very civilised manner on their picnic chairs, plenty of space to dance, no cramming even at the very front, just brilliant.... Unfortunately it was also a British summer's day, I had my skiing jacket on as it was really cold and windy, but at least it never rained...
The Zutons have a very cute saxophone player with the sexiest legs in the business, they weren't bad musically but are too bland for my taste, The Flaming Lips were crap I thought (very entertaining over-the-top theatrics on stage,leadsinger went into a plastic Zorbing ball and walked over the heads/hands of the crowd), but overall entirely the triumph of appearances over content!
The Who were AMAZING, and my 12 year old was really excited to see them. Behind us a fight between drunken men almost broke out, she got bumped into and stepped on and scared and cried a bit, and when the situation had been defused, all the grownups who noticed around us (total strangers!)hugged her or touched her arm and went along the lines of "..don't let that ididot ruin it for you, this is the best group you'll ever see live, enjoy!!..", they were really sweet, one chap even took his brandnew Who t-shirt off and offered it to her as consolation, so she did experience the positive feel of what going to a music festival is all about....(and she never asked about the funny smelling cigarettes everyone seemed to be smoking, phew!)
So, perhaps Glastonbury next year??? (sorry, but we'll have to time the mud-wrestling contests for when she's asleep, ok?...)

PS: Do you happen to know where I could rent my own portaloo????
26th June 2006 08:40 AM
Gazza LOL...great review, glad you and Sophie enjoyed it.

bring a colostomy bag next time!
26th June 2006 09:14 AM
Jumping Jack Do you think all shows will be $0.99 or just this first one for 3-4 songs?

Anyone know how to save these downloads to disk?
26th June 2006 09:21 AM
Gazza
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Do you think all shows will be $0.99 or just this first one for 3-4 songs?

I get the impression that its them all, because on the site the NEXT broadcast with the $0.99 fee is scheduled for June 28th at 20.30 UK time - which is the date of the next show (in Bristol)

The "In the Attic" stuff is free, however, although Townshend will be the 'star guest' each week

[Edited by Gazza]
26th June 2006 09:27 AM
Joey " .. so she did experience the positive feel of what going to a music festival is all about....(and she never asked about the funny smelling cigarettes everyone seemed to be smoking, phew!) "

I love this story ....... your daughter is a very lucky young lady .

26th June 2006 10:07 AM
jostorm Gazza: you mean I should bring a colostomy bag with me, instead of using the toilet all weekend??? Ugh!!! Can you imagine???? That would certainly hinder my freedom during the bikini-clad mud-wrestling tournament A TINY BIT, don't you think??? And everyone would go "Man, what's that smell???" ugh..."is that mud or is that...?"

Joey: yes, she is indeed very lucky, and I'll never forget the sight of her singing her little lungs out to "..and if I ever swallow anything evil, put your fingers down my throat.."

JJ: I believe you can buy the filmed concerts on DVD from the same site,not sure if individually, though...

The really funny thing is that now I'm looking forward to my only Stones show in Berlin this summer for a totally different reason,well, on top of the usual one... will I like them more or less than the two Who concerts I just saw????? I know this is as subjective as hell, but I'm dying to find out how it feels....perhaps there's a book in it, I shall call it "The Last Death Throes of A Stones Fan"...
26th June 2006 10:11 AM
Joey " Joey: yes, she is indeed very lucky, and I'll never forget the sight of her singing her little lungs out to "..and if I ever swallow anything evil, put your fingers down my throat.."

JJ: I believe you can buy the filmed concerts on DVD from the same site,not sure if individually, though...

The really funny thing is that now I'm looking forward to my only Stones show in Berlin this summer for a totally different reason,well, on top of the usual one... will I like them more or less than the two Who concerts I just saw????? I know this is as subjective as hell, but I'm dying to find out how it feels....perhaps there's a book in it, I shall call it "The Last Death Throes of A Stones Fan"..."

BEST STONES YET !!!! .... BEST WHO YET !!!!!

" Wireless and glass... "

" Well the weather held and last night's Leeds Wireless Festival crowd were treated to a great Who set. Pete was on top form (maybe helped by a pre-show duet in The Attic with the Flaming Lips who did their own unique take on Can't Explain while obviously relishing the chance to fire some in-depth Who questions at Pete before and after.) Some Ross Halfin shots of the day on the way - for now, full set-list below.

Hamish

Who Are You
Can't Explain
Seeker
Anyway, Anyhow
Wire & Glass (Mini-opera)
Sound Around
Pick Up The Peace
Endless Wire
We've Got A Hit
They Made My Dreams Come True
Mirror Door
Baba O'Riley
Drowned
Relay
The Kids Are Alright
Behind Blue Eyes
Mike Post
Cry If You Want
Pinball Wizard
Amazing Journey See Me, Feel Me
Listening To You

Encore:
Substitute
Won't Get Fooled Again "

www.PeteTownshend.com

26th June 2006 10:17 AM
Gazza
quote:
Joey wrote:
Who Are You
Can't Explain
Seeker
Anyway, Anyhow
Wire & Glass (Mini-opera)
Sound Around
Pick Up The Peace
Endless Wire
We've Got A Hit
They Made My Dreams Come True
Mirror Door
Baba O'Riley
Drowned
Relay
The Kids Are Alright
Behind Blue Eyes
Mike Post
Cry If You Want
Pinball Wizard
Amazing Journey See Me, Feel Me
Listening To You

Encore:
Substitute
Won't Get Fooled Again "

"Mike Post" ???

Thats a song title??

Why is Petey writing songs about the guy who wrote the theme music for "Hill Street Blues" and "The Rockford Files" ??

26th June 2006 10:22 AM
jostorm oops, I forgot:
After really listening to them for the second time and to my own surprise I actually quite liked the six songs from "wire & glass"!!! (so the-here!)They are very who-ey...

Know what you're saying, Joey, but maybe it simply won't feel anymore like it should, like when you're a mom and love your two children and don't allow yourself to compare them with one another.....I have to say that the recent disappointments have gotten rid of that unconditional love I used to have for the Stones....well, soon we'll see!
26th June 2006 10:26 AM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

"Mike Post" ???

Thats a song title??

Why is Petey writing songs about the guy who wrote the theme music for "Hill Street Blues" and "The Rockford Files" ??

Perhaps it was Rachel's cool idea --- Heck , why not ?!?!

I just want to hear Roger sing and see/hear " The Petey " play that guitar of his ... and you 's ?!?!

YES !!!!

Snaggles
26th June 2006 10:27 AM
Joey
quote:
jostorm wrote:
oops, I forgot:
After really listening to them for the second time and to my own surprise I actually quite liked the six songs from "wire & glass"!!! (so the-here!)They are very who-ey...

Know what you're saying, Joey, but maybe it simply won't feel anymore like it should, like when you're a mom and love your two children and don't allow yourself to compare them with one another.....I have to say that the recent disappointments have gotten rid of that unconditional love I used to have for the Stones....well, soon we'll see!

Can't wait to hear all the new material .

I absolutely LOVE new material ( see : The MaxLugar )

H.R. Puffin Joe
26th June 2006 10:31 AM
Gazza
quote:
Joey wrote:
not ?!?!

I just want to hear Roger sing and see/hear " The Petey " play that guitar of his ... and you 's ?!?!

You better, you bet I do!

No 'Oo shows for me this summer, I'm afraid (even though they're playing Ireland for the first time in almost 40 years - albeit in the arsehole of nowhere). Too many other things to take care of, plus Stones shows eating into the budget!

Just hope they'll grace us with a few end of tour shows next year.
26th June 2006 10:41 AM
Joey " No 'Oo shows for me this summer, I'm afraid (even though they're playing Ireland for the first time in almost 40 years - albeit in the arsehole of nowhere). Too many other things to take care of, plus Stones shows eating into the budget!"

YOU MAKE JOEY WEEP AND SHIT LIQUID !!!!!!!!

Why ?!?!

WHY ?!?!

Why Gazza must you make young Joeykins cry so violently ?!?!

Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?!

Kins !

26th June 2006 10:54 AM
Gazza
quote:
Joey wrote:
YOU MAKE JOEY WEEP AND SHIT LIQUID !!!!!!!!

Why ?!?!

blame these guys!

[Edited by Gazza]
26th June 2006 11:04 AM
Joey

.....and then , Depression set in .

**** CUE BERNSTEIN MUSIC *****

J. " Bill " Murray
26th June 2006 06:39 PM
Stray Cat UK I went to the wireless festival with my 11yr old son. A truly great day. Good atmosphere and some great bands.
I thought the Flaming Lips were at least visually stunning
Good sets from the Zutons, The Eels and Super furry animals among others.
We watched Robyn Hitchcock's set on the small stage,
Peter Buck was only a few feet away at one point.

The Who where IMHO, better than in 2000. A few rusty bits,which they acknowledged ,but a great set list. I thought they were playing for 2 hrs,but left after 105 mins,but that's a minor quibble.

Pete's windmill was greeted by cheers everytime he raised his arm and Roger was in great voice.
I don't usually sing along much at gigs,but this time it felt right!

I have lost my voice today and my son only just managed to get to school,but for both of us it was worth it.

The Stones have "no bullshit" competition !
It only cost £40.00 !

LONG LIVE ROCK !

sc uk
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)