ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Unknown Author with thanks to Irina
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Pearl Jam covers the Stones Return to archive
24th June 2006 11:05 AM
Spru I don't think anyone has posted this here yet, so I guess I'll be the first to inform that at last night's June 23 show at Pittsburgh's Mellon Arena, Pearl Jam played "Waiting on a Friend" during the acoustic part of the first encore. Before the song Eddie noted that the last time they played in Pittsburgh was with "a little group called the Rolling Stones" and said it was a tribute to them. I sounded very good, and got a great reaction, after which Eddie held up his bottle of wine and said "Here's to Keith", which brought many cheers. I also believe this is the very first time they ever played this live, as I referenced their song list on their website, although they have covered Angie, SFM, and Shelter in the past. The show was unbelieveable overall, which is no surprise considering their respect to the greats such as the Stones and Neil Young, who they also covered on RITFW.
[Edited by Spru]
24th June 2006 12:43 PM
Ihavelotsajam Eddie also did a very drunk version of Beast of Burden once.

Anyways, nice of themto do that. Still not digging their new album, but I've always been a fan.
24th June 2006 12:43 PM
corgi37 I have a sudden compulsion to buy every PJ cd.

What a nice gesture.
24th June 2006 09:54 PM
voodoopug
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I have a sudden compulsion to buy every PJ cd.

What a nice gesture.

start with "Yield"
25th June 2006 08:58 AM
Jumacfly Their version of "Beast of Burden"? hum hum..
25th June 2006 09:09 AM
lotsajizz Eddie better watch it with his bottle...it gets hoisted a few times too many nowadays...

25th June 2006 06:33 PM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Their version of "Beast of Burden"? hum hum..

Yeah, Eddie going "Am I tough enough-- I don't give a fuck." Heh.

25th June 2006 07:19 PM
monkeyman62 would love to hear jams cover of shelter, maybe its on one
of those live cds they put out all the time at regular record stores
25th June 2006 07:41 PM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
monkeyman62 wrote:
would love to hear jams cover of shelter, maybe its on one
of those live cds they put out all the time at regular record stores

The way they usually cover songs, though, is just a little bit or just the beginning of a song that they then attach to one of their own songs.
25th June 2006 08:00 PM
monkeyman62 oh, bummer
25th June 2006 09:08 PM
Spru
quote:
Ihavelotsajam wrote:

The way they usually cover songs, though, is just a little bit or just the beginning of a song that they then attach to one of their own songs.

True, although they usually play at least one or two covers all the way through at their shows, as you know, which is what they did w/ Waiting on a Friend, and it was excellent.
26th June 2006 12:12 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Ihavelotsajam wrote:

not really, they play: Baba Reiley, Rocking in the Free World, Fuckin Up, Fortunate Son, Crazy Mary, you've got to hide your love away, etc as full versions.
26th June 2006 08:45 AM
Ihavelotsajam Yeah I know, but they dont seem to do that with Stones songs.
26th June 2006 11:15 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Ihavelotsajam wrote:
Yeah I know, but they dont seem to do that with Stones songs.

they rarely play them unfortunately.
26th June 2006 12:21 PM
Saint Sway I heard them play the riff from Jumpin Jack Flash for 4.3 seconds during Yellow Leadbetter once.

sounded like any other amateur garage band playing the JJF riff. Except it was only played for only about 5 seconds long. The PJ guitarists are quite good. But they cant do Keith.
[Edited by Saint Sway]
26th June 2006 01:15 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I heard them play the riff from Jumpin Jack Flash for 4.3 seconds during Yellow Leadbetter once.

sounded like any other amateur garage band playing the JJF riff. Except it was only played for only about 5 seconds long. The PJ guitarists are quite good. But they cant do Keith.
[Edited by Saint Sway]

agreed, I seen them tag the riff from Sympathy during Yellow Ledbedder as well. I think this is just improv on Mike McCreedy's part, but it does not have the stones feel to it.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)