ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Unknown Author with thanks to Irina
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: TV icon Spelling dead at 83 Return to archive Page: 1 2
24th June 2006 08:25 AM
Ten Thousand Motels TV icon Spelling dead at 83

BY MICHELLE CARUSO
DAILY NEWS WEST COAST BUREAU CHIEF

LOS ANGELES - Legendary TV producer Aaron Spelling, who created trend-setting hits including "The Mod Squad," "Charlie's Angels," "Dynasty" and "Beverly Hills, 90210" during his 50-year-long career, died yesterday. He was 83.

The fabulously wealthy entertainment mogul, father of actress Tori Spelling, died at home, said his publicist, Kevin Sasaki. Spelling had battled ill health since 2001, when he developed oral cancer, the result of his longtime pipe smoking. He suffered a stroke Sunday at his Beverly Hills home, a sprawling, 123-room mansion known as The Manor that he built on a 6-acre estate once owned by entertainer Bing Crosby.

Word of his death sent sadness through Tinseltown, where he had helped shape the careers of top-shelf starlets like Heather Locklear, who starred in multiple Spelling hits including "Dynasty," "T.J. Hooker" and "Melrose Place," and Farrah Fawcett, whose fluffy, winged coiffure on "Charlie's Angels" sparked a nationwide fad.

Spelling, born in Dallas, came to Hollywood in 1953. Working first as an actor, he took small parts on TV shows, including "I Love Lucy."

But he soon gravitated toward his first love - writing - and penned episodes for Dick Powell's "Zane Grey Theater," "Playhouse 90," "Wagon Train" and "The Jane Wyman Theater."

During this time, he wed his first wife, actress Carolyn Jones, who later played Morticia on "The Addams Family." They divorced in 1965.

His second marriage, to Candy, would last 38 years. The couple had two children: Tori, who rose to fame playing Donna on her father's wildly popular "Beverly Hills, 90210" and now has a reality show on VH1, and Randy, who appeared on "90210" and "Malibu Shores."

Spelling's star began to rise when he paired with entertainer Danny Thomas in the 1960s to produce "The Danny Thomas Show," "The Guns of Will Sonnet" and the groundbreaking "The Mod Squad," which won the hearts of restless young viewers with its offbeat multiracial cop trio played by Peggy Lipton, Clarence Williams 3rd and Michael Cole.

"I was very proud of that show. It's the first time an African-American guy kissed a white girl [on network television]," Spelling once said. His color barrier-breaking stories won him six NAACP Image Awards during his career.

But it was Spelling's second pairing, with producer Leonard Goldberg from 1972 to 1977, that sent him to TV's stratosphere with top-rated shows "The Rookies," "Starsky & Hutch," "Hart to Hart" and "Charlie's Angels," all of which tapped youth-friendly themes.

By the 1980s, Spelling, who founded Spelling Entertainment and Spelling Television, was on his own and king of the airwaves, with nine series airing on ABC in that decade: "Charlie's Angels," "Family," "The Love Boat," "Fantasy Island," "Dynasty," "Hotel," "Finder of Lost Loves," "The Colbys" and "Nightingales."

The network was jokingly called "Aaron's Broadcasting Company."

Spelling's soaring success continued in the '90s and this decade, with the glitz-heavy "90210," "Melrose Place" and "Models Inc.," the witchcraft-themed "Charmed" and the Christian family-friendly "7th Heaven."

Originally published on June 24, 2006

24th June 2006 08:45 AM
chevysales DYNASTY...
24th June 2006 09:54 AM
rasputin56 The only thing good to come of this is that now Tori Spelling will never work again.
24th June 2006 10:33 AM
lotsajizz may he spend eternity strapped in front of TV set in Hell forced to watch endless reruns of his shit

24th June 2006 11:27 AM
SweetVirginia

24th June 2006 11:48 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
may he spend eternity strapped in front of TV set in Hell forced to watch endless reruns of his shit

Well, he did start "Jiggle TV."

24th June 2006 12:25 PM
glencar Does Tori Spelling still have an ability to cry? RIP Aaron, thanks for the jiggles.
24th June 2006 12:35 PM
corgi37 Now's the time to hit on his horse faced daughter.
24th June 2006 12:42 PM
SweetVirginia

Do you think all these people will fax in their
eulogies like Billy Preston's "friends" did?

24th June 2006 12:46 PM
parmeda I can't stand Tori.

She always was, and will continue to be, a fucking beast.

And if Josh chimes in and says, "I'd 'do' her!"...I'll spit.
I will lose all respect that I have for him.
24th June 2006 12:47 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
parmeda wrote:
I can't stand Tori.

She always was, and will continue to be, a fucking beast.

And if Josh chimes in and says, "I'd 'do' her!"...I'll spit.
I will lose all respect that I have for him.

Corgi is right....she is sort of a horse face.

24th June 2006 12:53 PM
parmeda
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
Corgi is right....she is sort of a horse face.

My dear SW, horse faces are velvety smooth and with graceful lines.

Her puss looks more like what one might find under its tail.
24th June 2006 12:58 PM
glencar And the best part is, humongous sums of money were used for that face! Nice body though in that one group shot.
24th June 2006 01:00 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
glencar wrote:
And the best part is, humongous sums of money were used for that face! Nice body though in that one group shot.

I'm suspecting humongous amounts of money spent on
the boobs as well, Glencar!

Ten Thousand Motels Well. She certainly isn't what one might call a "pretty woman"...like Anna Nicole. Anyway, blame her mother....If Carolyn Jones had been her mum, she's have looked better maybe.
glencar
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

I'm suspecting humongous amounts of money spent on
the boobs as well, Glencar!

And lipo!
24th June 2006 01:02 PM
parmeda omg glenny...even with a bag over her head don't tell me you'd still get hard with that!
24th June 2006 01:04 PM
glencar Yeah, a bag would work!
24th June 2006 01:08 PM
SweetVirginia
...definitely a bag over the head....

24th June 2006 01:13 PM
Riffhard
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
The only thing good to come of this is that now Tori Spelling will never work again.

LOL! Now that's funny! Looks like the genetic talent gene does not pass from father to daughter.

Riffy
24th June 2006 01:15 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Looks aren't everything.

Money counts too.
24th June 2006 01:29 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Looks aren't everything.

Money counts too.

And she's got that!

Signature Splurge: A 56,500-square-foot mansion, dubbed the "Manor," in Los Angeles' Holmby Hills, requiring nearly five years of construction and featuring 123 rooms, an ice rink, a bowling alley and two Olympic-size swimming pools.

The Price Tag: $48 million.
25th June 2006 11:04 AM
corgi37 Dont forget young Randy either. Whats he gonna do now? Oh, hang on, same thing he's done forever.

Live it up on Dad's money.
25th June 2006 09:45 PM
Joey
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
may he spend eternity strapped in front of TV set in Hell forced to watch endless reruns of his shit

P.O.S.T.I.N.

...postin '
26th June 2006 12:38 PM
jb One of the great Jewish Hollywood types of all time.....truly a great man.........and yes Pammy, Tori is simply a beautiful, dynamic, and talented Jewish woman who I would bang in a minute.
26th June 2006 12:42 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
One of the great Jewish Hollywood types of all time.....truly a great man.........and yes Pammy, Tori is simply a beautiful, dynamic, and talented Jewish woman who I would bang in a minute.

she really loves her pug too!

26th June 2006 12:46 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

she really loves her pug too!

There were rumors that you attended another Rolling Stone's tribut band performance this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!(?)
26th June 2006 01:08 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

There were rumors that you attended another Rolling Stone's tribut band performance this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!(?)

Took my oldest son to "Taste of Aurora" with one of my old bandmates to see "Hot Rocks Chicago" perform. Crowd was estimated at 15K, very good show, highlights were "Heart of Stone, Not Fade Away, Rough Justice, Live with Me, and Heartbreaker."
26th June 2006 01:11 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Took my oldest son to "Taste of Aurora" with one of my old bandmates to see "Hot Rocks Chicago" perform. Crowd was estimated at 15K, very good show, highlights were "Heart of Stone, Not Fade Away, Rough Justice, Live with Me, and Heartbreaker."

Sounds much better than when you had to ask for $$$$ H-U-M-I-L-I-A-T-I-N-G...........
26th June 2006 01:19 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Sounds much better than when you had to ask for $$$$ H-U-M-I-L-I-A-T-I-N-G...........

Sadly, I have never performed within the "festival scene".
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)