ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Unknown Author with thanks to Irina
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Monkee Man slams dead icons (nsc) Return to archive
22nd June 2006 02:31 PM
Ten Thousand Motels MONKEE MAN SLAMS DEAD ICONS

MONKEES frontman DAVY JONES has launched astonishing attack on dead rockers KURT COBAIN, JIMI HENDRIX, ELVIS PRESLEY and JANIS JOPLIN, questioning why society worships people who wasted their lives. The 61-year-old I'M A BELIEVER singer insists they wouldn't have been idolised if they were still alive. Jones says, "I don't have a lot of respect for people like Jimi Hendrix, or Kurt Cobain, or Janis Joplin or Elvis Presley, because they all killed themselves in one way or another. "Although I often wonder what they'd be doing now if they were still alive. Would they be these crumbling lookalikes of the same people, greeting people at the entrance of Caesar's Palace?"
22/06/2006 17:38
cotactmusic

22nd June 2006 02:54 PM
gimmekeef At least people at Caesars would know who they were...unlike this fuckin dweeb...
22nd June 2006 03:11 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Pathetic, if I already hate the monkees now they are on top of it. They all are alive and nobody gives a fuck, it is envy.

Fuck the Monkees! They were nothing but clowns, they were not musicians, composers or peformers but second class actors with a very good marketing behind them.

They don't belong to the music scene. I have a lot of "Rolling Stone" Magazines 1967-1972 and the clowns are not mentioned in a single article.... Why? Because they are not musicians PERIOD.

Fuck it!

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
22nd June 2006 03:19 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This is a picture from his website, so it's one he finds cool to show to the www

22nd June 2006 03:21 PM
Nellcote "Hey Hey It's The Voodoo!"
Tell us how you really feel.
WHAT? You ask for more?
Well, we shall deliver...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=d0FUvLfxyp0&search=the%20monkees
22nd June 2006 03:21 PM
FPM C10 Davy lives very near me - in Beaver Springs PA - and snapshots of him hang in many convenience stores and truck stops around the area. So his snotty remark about crumbling lookalikes at Caeser's Palace is hilarious to me, since he is a crumbling lookalike at the Family House Restaurant on scenic Rt. 35.

He was busted for drunk driving a few years ago and he offered to do a benefit concert in lieu of the stiff penalties normal folks get for similar infractions. No thanks, he was told - just pay the fine like everyone else.

22nd June 2006 03:27 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
No thanks, he was told - just pay the fine like everyone else.

LOL poor guy!

This is him in 1997

22nd June 2006 03:32 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
"Hey Hey It's The Voodoo!"
Tell us how you really feel.
WHAT? You ask for more?
Well, we shall deliver...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=d0FUvLfxyp0&search=the%20monkees

FYN, WY?

Hey, hey, we're the Voodoos
And people say we voodoo around
But were too busy smoking
To put anybody high.
22nd June 2006 03:46 PM
Nellcote Nesmith was the brains of the outfit.
Jones was never as good as his glitter rock name sake, Rebel Rebel, you've torn your dress...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y3LKrpKXEng&search=david%20bowie%20rebel%20rebel
22nd June 2006 06:12 PM
JuanTCB I'm a huge Monkees fan (there's more to them than meets the eye) but I think it's time for little Davy to have a nice cup of shut the fuck up and stop acting like a douchebag. He's moot.

Moot.
22nd June 2006 07:05 PM
Riffhard
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

LOL poor guy!

This is him in 1997

Who is that guy he's with?

Riffy
22nd June 2006 07:08 PM
Gazza
quote:
pdog wrote:
Dead people never grow old... This is a no brainer. The Monkees would've greatly benefited from The Death Of Peter Tork...

so would mankind in general...
23rd June 2006 01:36 PM
Sir Stonesalot Davey Jones once bought me pie and coffee at the Country Inn in Middleburg PA. Like FPM...I find his remarks quite funny, and for pretty much the same reasons.

Flea....he did the show anyhow. It was at the Bean Soup Festival in McClure. 2 shows, both free admission. Still plenty of seats to be had, LOL!
23rd June 2006 01:45 PM
Sir Stonesalot >The 61-year-old I'M A BELIEVER singer<

He sang Daydream Believer...Mickey sang I'm a Believer.

And before you go completely trashing the Monkees....they co-wrote "Head" with a young Jack Nicholson. That is one fucked up flick. I love it.

Pdog...he was really nice to my son, bought him some chocolate cake...I have a hard time saying bad stuff about him when all he has ever been to me and my family is, well, nice.
23rd June 2006 04:53 PM
egon
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
I have a lot of "Rolling Stone" Magazines 1967-1972 and the clowns are not mentioned in a single article.... Why? Because they are not musicians PERIOD.

Unfortunately nowadays RS doesn't stick to that rule anymore!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)