ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Unknown Author with thanks to Irina
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ronnie rocking with his early band - why he shounds like this no more... Return to archive
21st June 2006 07:35 AM
Bruno If this is not rock and roll I don´t know what it is. Perfect distortion from the guitar.

Stay With Me by The Faces in 1971:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ei-L_AuuaxI&search=stay%20with%20me%20faces

And I meant "sound" like this no more.
[Edited by Bruno]
21st June 2006 09:23 AM
Mel Belli Nice Chris Robinson impersonation by Rod
21st June 2006 12:21 PM
rollmops Thank you for post it!!! Fucking great. That is rock and roll, and the only way we like it.
Get well Ronnie Wood.
Rock and roll will never die
Mops
21st June 2006 01:43 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Nice Chris Robinson impersonation by Rod

right on-THE CROWES ARE THE ORIGINAL GOOD TIME BAND!
21st June 2006 01:54 PM
jb Ronnie was a great player at time....no doubt about that.
21st June 2006 01:55 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Ronnie was a great player at time....no doubt about that.

The Rock and Roll Rooster! Ronnie has fantastic stage pressence and charisma.
21st June 2006 01:59 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

The Rock and Roll Rooster! Ronnie has fantastic stage pressence and charisma.

So did the Cape....but all things must end.
21st June 2006 02:00 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

So did the Cape....but all things must end.

I shall have the cape framed and tour the country with it offering fans a chance to meet and greet me and have thier picture taken in cape (a replica, not the real one).
21st June 2006 02:04 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I shall have the cape framed and tour the country with it offering fans a chance to meet and greet me and have thier picture taken in cape (a replica, not the real one).

Will you be touring the Carolinas?????????????
21st June 2006 02:07 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Will you be touring the Carolinas?????????????

due to security threats brought to my attention, it is not safe for me, or my family, or the cape to include the Carolinas. If I do make a stop there it will be very similar to when George Bush travels to Iraq....only those who absolutely need to know will be informed and the screening process will be very strict.

You will hear the phrase "undisclosed location" when any trip south of New Jersey and north of Florida is planned along the East Coast.
21st June 2006 02:12 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

due to security threats brought to my attention, it is not safe for me, or my family, or the cape to include the Carolinas. If I do make a stop there it will be very similar to when George Bush travels to Iraq....only those who absolutely need to know will be informed and the screening process will be very strict.

You will hear the phrase "undisclosed location" when any trip south of New Jersey and north of Florida is planned along the East Coast.

I see a mini tour conin!!!!
21st June 2006 02:15 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

I see a mini tour conin!!!!

There will be a stop in Omaha!
21st June 2006 02:15 PM
Some Guy I am afraid to open stuff and watch/listen as my wife informed me it could be slowing down our computer or infecting it some how.
21st June 2006 02:17 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I am afraid to open stuff and watch/listen as my wife informed me it could be slowing down our computer or infecting it some how.

we live in a cruel world!
21st June 2006 02:39 PM
ShaneJazz Stay With Me is one of my all time favorite down & dirty rock 'n roll songs. Thanks for posting this. Let's all hope Ronnie still has this in him.
[Edited by ShaneJazz]
21st June 2006 02:40 PM
voodoopug
quote:
ShaneJazz wrote:
Stay With Me is one of my all time favorite down & dirty rock 'n roll songs. Thanks for posting this. Let's all hope Ronnie still has this in him.
[Edited by ShaneJazz]

It is the first song that made me truly appreciate open tuned slide playing
21st June 2006 04:02 PM
PeerQueer Ronnie and Rod will tour again soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And he will play his skinny ass off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Rod is banging a very hot wife (yet again!)

He is an inspiration to us all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

FACES RULE - PERIOD.

21st June 2006 04:28 PM
UGot2Rollme Thanks for the link.
Ronnie is still great - if not sometimes a little out of tune on slide as he was even back then.

Ronnie B. Goode and you'll get us rockin soon in EUROPE!
24th June 2006 08:01 AM
CraigP Ronnie became a wetbrain and got too comfortable for his own good, after he felt he had nothing left to prove to the Stones.

He used to play a really unique sounding guitar with a good set-up. Now he twangs here and there with no distortion.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)