ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Unknown Author with thanks to Irina
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: For Joey Return to archive
20th June 2006 04:04 PM
jostorm In the heat of the debate I got distracted .
(Someone should have posted that politically incorrect picture of the paralympics competitor, I love it...)
But now I've got some time. So I thought I'd give you the "soul review" of the Live in Leeds (Refectory) gig.
As I mentioned before, it was my very first ever Who concert, really intimate at that,and with plenty of space to dance. To see Pete play the guitar and throw his arm around in 360 degrees circles like some plastic toy puppet was just surreal, simply "wow!". I hate to say this, cause I've been a Stones fan for a bloody long time, but I've never experienced this type of "wow" feeling at a Stones concert, not even at Olympia or Vredenburg, and those were really amazing.... When they played "Behind blue eyes" or when they sang "I was born with a plastic spoon in my mouth" I just felt one of those transcendental smiles,and I wouldn't have minded if the big foot out of Monty Python would have struck me down there and then...When they sang the stuff from Tommy I was suddenly transported back through time to when I was 15 and listening non-stop to their Tommy album, the one they recorded with some Philarmonica Orchestra. I suddenly find it strange that , although they were such a big part of my adolescence, I never tried to see them live before.
They were fabulous when performing "Substitute". And by the time the intro chords to "The Seeker" started ? I honestly thought I was gonna come in my pants, and I'm not even gonna mention any nipples....
It was simply one of the best concerts I've ever been to. Even though I didn't like their new stuff.But on the toilet I met loads of people from the queue, which was funny. It was one of the best parties I've ever been to. Everyone seemed so happy.And , as losses of virginity go, it was pretty damn pleasurable.
So there it is, everyone.
The Who are damn good!
I'm really looking forward to Harewood on Sunday. My date is my 12 year old daughter. Not that we need to bond or anything, we're already as thick as thieves, we simply like spending time together doing stuff...And in ten years time she'll be able to say "I saw the Stones in Madrid with the Pretenders when I was 9 and The Who when I was twelve. Pretty cool in my book. Sadly, her friends will most likely go "The who?"
[Edited by jostorm]
20th June 2006 04:07 PM
glencar "Sadly, her friends will most likely go "The who?"

Yes, even adults say that these days...
20th June 2006 04:15 PM
Joey

" The Who are damn good! "

You are much loved by Joey .
20th June 2006 04:19 PM
jostorm Thanks for posting that link to his diary...
20th June 2006 04:24 PM
Joey
quote:
jostorm wrote:
Thanks for posting that link to his diary...

My pleasure .......................

Here be another :

www.thewholive.de

20th June 2006 04:37 PM
jostorm Some of those old pictures are amazing... I love the stubs!
20th June 2006 04:51 PM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:

Are we talking about Macca's ex ol' lady?

Christ, that's posting on loan from God right there.
21st June 2006 07:24 AM
jostorm Leave the poor girl alone, you two, she wrote a 10000£ cheque for the lady who brings me all the wild injured swans, totally out of the blue and without anyone asking her to. In my eyes she's a one-legged saint......

What I really want to know is the following: what will happen to the film footage from the Leeds Uni gig?? It is clearly excluded from all the boxes on offer, you can buy the music CD, but I want the film!
Some deal with TV???
Are you going for any of the collectors boxes, Joey??? Or is the point of collecting bootlegs to get them illicitly and with as much noises (microphone rubbing on crotch, chick next to bootlegger screaming "Tattoo" every ten seconds, etc...)???
21st June 2006 07:47 AM
Gazza see the "Who opening night setlist" thread, johanna, for a link to some footage from Newsnight last night

Cant view it from work but hopefully its worthy of some nipple-tweaking

Latest rumours on the 'Oo now is that they could be playing Glastonbury, which seems a bit odd as it must only be a week or two away. Still, if they do, I'm sure it'll be on TV as usual
21st June 2006 08:02 AM
jostorm Thanks, Gazza !!!...

They cannot possibly be playing Glastonbury this year as there isn't one, at least that's what I thought??? If I'm wrong, SHALL WE TWO GO ???? Fancy wrestling in the mud with me??? Shall I wear my bikini??? Will you wrestle topless , so I can tweak your nipples on camera while holding you in a double Nelson??? We could sell the footage on RO, just 100 special edition DVDs, each coming with it's own little jamjar full of Glastonbury mud,with the picture of the portaloos on the last day, and signed by you and me. For the snippet of £99.99.
What do you think????
21st June 2006 08:26 AM
Gazza Maybe its next year then..someone had mentioned them at Glastonbury on IORR so I guess thats it

but who cares..the rest of the offer sounds fine. i dont think I've anything else planned that weekend..lol
21st June 2006 08:40 AM
jostorm What do you mean, fingertips??? Pulling would still be ok, tweaking absolutely not, ouch!!!

So, it's a date, then????
Should we do a special Kosher Collector's DVD, too, for jb and Joey??? Oh, and Superman???
[Edited by jostorm]
21st June 2006 04:29 PM
Joey
quote:
jostorm wrote:
What do you mean, fingertips??? Pulling would still be ok, tweaking absolutely not, ouch!!!

So, it's a date, then????
Should we do a special Kosher Collector's DVD, too, for jb and Joey??? Oh, and Superman???
[Edited by jostorm]

22nd June 2006 05:58 AM
jostorm I'm not too sure if I ought to find it alarming or not that I kinda like looking up your friend's t-shirt, pdog...

Perhaps you could contact her ,she may want to join us at the mud-wrestling, in which case we could sell at least 300 Special Collector Edition DVDs....
22nd June 2006 11:12 AM
egon More stuff for Joey;

http://streamos.wbr.com/wmedia/wbr/philton/060506/philton_stars-are-blind_220.wvx
22nd June 2006 11:45 AM
jostorm UGH!!!
She really puts the "ip" into lipsynching...
And if this thread ends up as another PH appreciation thread, I shall simply commit suicide. And your dancing banana will have blood on its peel,you do realise that, don't you, Egon???!!!.....
Honestly, Joey, how can you POSSIBLY like her???
Is it some sort of gay "oh-well-I-have-to-have-at-least-one-female-sex-symbol-as-personal-icon"-thing??
Is it a sort of diametrically opposed antidote thing to liking something superb like the Who???
Weren't you allowed to play with Barbies when you were little???
What is wrong with you??????
(No, I meant besides the bioluminescent finger...)
22nd June 2006 06:19 PM
Joey
quote:
egon wrote:
More stuff for Joey;

http://streamos.wbr.com/wmedia/wbr/philton/060506/philton_stars-are-blind_220.wvx

Bless You Egon !!!!!!!

I love Paris Hilton ........

Some Day we SHALL be married . Word .

Jacky Hilton !
23rd June 2006 04:45 PM
egon
quote:
pdog wrote:

You can't marry Egon, he's not gay !!!

not on weekdays anyway...
24th June 2006 05:03 PM
Joey

I sincerely believe that Paris Hilton just keeps getting better and better looking ................

..... and you's ?!?!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)