ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Unknown Author with thanks to Irina
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bill Wyman Video-Header Return to archive
20th June 2006 04:38 AM
shakedhandswithkeith What a Band!! I saw the tour in germany, the groove of the band was amazing, they are real shuffle kings!! I like them, and I like Bill and I accept his decision
20th June 2006 07:09 AM
F505 Although not bad it lacks the raw soulful power of the original. But it's a nice tribute to Billy.
20th June 2006 07:47 AM
Maxlugar Very nice.
20th June 2006 07:57 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I love it, and it has an explicit mention to the late Billy Preston (Hi Max!) who was the one inspiring it so it was twice justifiable to use it today
20th June 2006 08:31 AM
Maxlugar [quote]VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
I love it, and it has an explicit mention to the late Billy Preston (Hi Max!) who was the one inspiring it so it was twice justifiable to use it today

I respect Bill Wyman's wish to go small and have fun. It seriously looks like he's enjoying himself.

20th June 2006 08:44 AM
corgi37 I liked it, but come on, how can you tell he's having fun? He stood still, chewing gum, sunnies on, and never smiled. Oh, thats if the camera was on him longer than a total of 10 seconds.

Original for me though. Needs a that vocal batte that i love on the record. And of course, a bum dance would make it just that so much more special.

Thanks for putting this up.
20th June 2006 10:38 AM
PartyDoll MEG Enjoyable Mr. Voodoo!! Thanks!!
20th June 2006 11:03 AM
shakedhandswithkeith
quote:
F505 wrote:
Although not bad it lacks the raw soulful power of the original. But it's a nice tribute to Billy.

Welcome back, F505!!!!
20th June 2006 11:16 AM
Maxlugar [quote]corgi37 wrote:
I liked it, but come on, how can you tell he's having fun? He stood still, chewing gum, sunnies on, and never smiled. Oh, thats if the camera was on him longer than a total of 10 seconds.

He's grinning in every shot I see of him, so...
20th June 2006 11:21 AM
rocker I lke Bill. I respect his decsion to leave, but this my friends is weak! The soul is forced, and way to clean sounding.
20th June 2006 11:31 AM
Maxlugar The Stones themselves couldn't match the original at Sheppherds Bush. It like it but Mick screws up the words and Billy isn't there. Nice Kent Smith trumpet solo though.

Bill's version is just fine.
20th June 2006 11:44 AM
Joey " He's grinning in every shot I see of him, so..."

20th June 2006 11:50 AM
Saint Sway video headers are a drag (see: Voodoo press conference photo)
20th June 2006 01:15 PM
yellerstang The only thing that matters on this take is the bass line...

Just one listen and it makes me miss Bill even more.
20th June 2006 01:24 PM
BILL PERKS I REALLY LIKE THE RHYTHM KINGS.IT'S A NICE BAND BILL HAS PUT TOGETHER .JUST WAITING FOR THEIR VERSION OF "IN ANOTHER LAND"
20th June 2006 05:48 PM
Twostoned
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I liked it, but come on, how can you tell he's having fun? He stood still, chewing gum, sunnies on, and never smiled. Oh, thats if the camera was on him longer than a total of 10 seconds.

So? That's Bill. This is the first time I've heard the Rhythmn Kings and I think they're fantastic. I like the "clean" groove to it. Another great header!
20th June 2006 07:23 PM
kath georgie fame kicks ass...he is amazing.......wyman has a GREAT lineup in his band....maybe the second greatest lineup in rock/blues today!
[Edited by kath]
20th June 2006 10:43 PM
Soldatti Great!
Thanks Gerardo.
20th June 2006 11:42 PM
Taptrick
It bothers me.

21st June 2006 12:09 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This was the video-header, thanks everyone for the kinf comments... sorry if it bothers someone

...It was her second name!
21st June 2006 01:46 AM
Taptrick

Love the video headers. There's something about Bill that just bothers me now. Just a creepy thing I can't put my finger on. I vote for some 78 headers. Any SNL outtakes?

21st June 2006 01:57 AM
Poplar
I gave it three listens. Liked it less each time.
If that's the best sound Bill can come up with, the man has no business slag'n the Stones.

40 Licks is gonna kick me in the face after a few minutes of that turd.
23rd June 2006 12:09 AM
Kilroy
quote:
yellerstang wrote:
The only thing that matters on this take is the bass line...

Just one listen and it makes me miss Bill even more.

You got boss, It's a very cool bass line running throught that song and one of the greatest bass player is of course playing it. He should be on the albums, would that be great.
23rd June 2006 04:35 AM
F505
quote:
shakedhandswithkeith wrote:

Welcome back, F505!!!!

Hello shaked! Congrats with Germany qualifying for the next round!
23rd June 2006 09:00 AM
shakedhandswithkeith
quote:
F505 wrote:

Hello shaked! Congrats with Germany qualifying for the next round!

It`s good to see you back, punctually to the World Cup, congrats you too for Holland - it will be not easy to beat Portugal.

But now we have to change to Alex`World Cup thread
23rd June 2006 12:39 PM
monkeyman62 bills band is lacking something else too, mick ,keith ,charlie and ronnie
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)