ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Unknown Author with thanks to Irina
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Your Favorite Sir Paul's songs Return to archive Page: 1 2
20th June 2006 03:00 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

???

I like very nearly everything Polly wrote with his old fiance Johnny. Except for "Maxwell's Silver Hammer". And a few others. His output since 1969 has been, um, shall we be charitable and say "spotty"?

I like the stuff he write with Costello. I wish those guys would've started a band.

I would like to caress your kneecaps .
21st June 2006 10:15 AM
revolver [quote]Gazza wrote:

"bottom 5 - hard to say, because theres so much of his solo stuff I mercifully havent heard, but"

This is typical! How can you say it's bad if you haven't even heard it?

It's like if people say: The only thing The Stones did was "EMOTIONAL RESCUE"!

All this bashing on McCartney is nonsens.

How about Stones then? They have also made a lot of silly things. "Cool Calm & Collected"-"Gomper"-"Emotional Rescue" to name a few.

I suspeect that Macca-bashers in this forum only say bad things about the because they want to hide the bad things Stones have done!

And please, get rid of Ronnie after this tour. Never ever has a mad played so badly!
21st June 2006 11:53 AM
Joey

Everything in life boils down to : " THE LEG " !!!!!
21st June 2006 04:46 PM
Gimme Shelter

Hey Jude
Get Back
Helter Skelter
Maybe, I’m Amazed
Live & Let Die
Wonderlust
Back In the USSR
Yesterday
This One
Junior’s Farm
I’m Down
Fool On the Hill
Let It Be
Listen To What the Man Said
Birthday
Blackbird
And I Love Her
My Love
Band on the Run
Jet
Hello, Goodbye
Drive My Car

21st June 2006 05:12 PM
Joey
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:

Hey Jude
Get Back
Helter Skelter
Maybe, I’m Amazed
Live & Let Die
Wonderlust
Back In the USSR
Yesterday
This One
Junior’s Farm
I’m Down
Fool On the Hill
Let It Be
Listen To What the Man Said
Birthday
Blackbird
And I Love Her
My Love
Band on the Run
Jet
Hello, Goodbye
Drive My Car

Nice Selection there my Stonesian Brother .......

Nice !!!!
21st June 2006 06:16 PM
Gimme Shelter Right on
21st June 2006 09:58 PM
full moon McCartney /Wings were excellent. The juvenile rants of some Stones fans because of some perceived competition between the Stones and Beatles is a joke....He has alot of great material.....
22nd June 2006 03:34 PM
Joey
quote:
full moon wrote:
....He has alot of great material.....

Frig Yeah !!!!!
22nd June 2006 07:02 PM
texile too many to mention but i always loved
another day.
22nd June 2006 07:08 PM
texile
quote:
full moon wrote:
McCartney /Wings were excellent. The juvenile rants of some Stones fans because of some perceived competition between the Stones and Beatles is a joke....He has alot of great material.....

amen.....it flies in the face of reality.
that middle and last chord sequence on let it be is as glorious as anything the stones have done.
22nd June 2006 11:30 PM
Kilroy
quote:
revolver wrote:
[quote]Gazza wrote:

"bottom 5 - hard to say, because theres so much of his solo stuff I mercifully havent heard, but"

It's like if people say: The only thing The Stones did was "EMOTIONAL RESCUE"!

All this bashing on McCartney is nonsens.

How about Stones then? They have also made a lot of silly things. "Cool Calm & Collected"-"Gomper"-"Emotional Rescue" to name a few.

I suspeect that Macca-bashers in this forum only say bad things about the because they want to hide the bad things Stones have done!

And please, get rid of Ronnie after this tour. Never ever has a mad played so badly!

Damn Thank you, but I was ready for the abuse when I asked the Beatle Question on this Stones Site. It's like farting in someone house you should expect to get ask to leave or at least chastised. Paulie did write some Silly Love Songs, But he also wrote some of the greatest songs of all time. I still listen to alot of the early 60's stuff by him and his so called "Fiance" Johnny
The two made up a great song writing team I think as good and better sometimes than Jagger and Richards. Of course Jagger and Richards are still put them out. Thank God.
[Edited by Kilroy]
23rd June 2006 10:48 AM
Gazza
quote:
Gazza wrote:

quote:
revolver wrote:

Um...I didnt say it was 'bad'. Try reading it again.

quote:
All this bashing on McCartney is nonsense

So, I'm a "Mccartney basher"? You obviously know me pretty well then...The Beatles are my second favourite band and I was a fan of theirs long before I'd ever heard anything by the Stones. Someone asked me for my favourite and least favourite McCartney songs - you got a problem with me having 5 Macca songs that I DONT happen to care for?

Come down off your cross and get over yourself, for fuck sake.

[Edited by Gazza]
23rd June 2006 12:46 PM
Gimme Shelter While we are are on a somewhat Beatles topic, I'm going to see Ringo Starr & His All Star Band at Cache Creek in Brooks, Calif. tonight. Here is the line up of his band this time around.

Rod Argent
Richard Marx
Sheila E.
Billy Squier
Edgar Winter
Hamish Stuart
23rd June 2006 01:11 PM
BILL PERKS EMOTIONAL RESCUE IS ONE OF THE STONES BEST SONGS,AND I'VE HAD IT WITH ITS BASHING.
[Edited by BILL PERKS]
23rd June 2006 02:15 PM
Gazza
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
While we are are on a somewhat Beatles topic, I'm going to see Ringo Starr & His All Star Band at Cache Creek in Brooks, Calif. tonight. Here is the line up of his band this time around.

Rod Argent
Richard Marx
Sheila E.
Billy Squier
Edgar Winter
Hamish Stuart

Billy fucking Squier???

Sheila E, though.....
24th June 2006 12:52 AM
Kilroy
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
While we are are on a somewhat Beatles topic, I'm going to see Ringo Starr & His All Star Band at Cache Creek in Brooks, Calif. tonight. Here is the line up of his band this time around.

Rod Argent
Richard Marx
Sheila E.
Billy Squier
Edgar Winter
Hamish Stuart

Please let us know about the concert.
24th June 2006 11:47 PM
Kilroy Sorry Sir Paul the Blog, Forrum, Turned ugly at times,Happy Birthday good luck with the Mrs. Thanks to all the Posters. This is a great place .
[Edited by Kilroy]
25th June 2006 11:58 AM
Gimme Shelter The show was alot of fun. The band sounded really tight. Here is the setlist.

"It Don't Come Easy" (Starr)
"What Goes On" (Starr)
"Honey Don't" (Starr)
"Everybody Wants You" (Squier)
"Free Ride" (Winter)
"Love Bizarre" (Sheila E.)
"Boys" (Starr)
"Don't Mean Nothing" (Marx)
"She's Not There" (Argent)
"Never Without You" (Starr)
"Yellow Submarine" (Starr)
"Right Here Waiting" (Marx)
"Time of the Season"(Argent)
"Frankenstein" (Winter)
"Choose Love" (Starr)
“Photograph” (Starr)
"Should Have Known Better" (Marx)
"Glamorous Life" (Sheila E.)
"I Wanna Be Your Man" (Starr)
"Rock Me Tonight" (Squier)
"Hold Your Head Up" (Argent)
"Act Naturally" (Starr)
"Memphis in Your Mind" (Starr)
"A Little Help From My Friends" (Starr)

[Edited by Gimme Shelter]
25th June 2006 04:52 PM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
EMOTIONAL RESCUE IS ONE OF THE STONES BEST SONGS,AND I'VE HAD IT WITH ITS BASHING.
[Edited by BILL PERKS]

I am not a big fan of your avatar .
26th June 2006 02:16 AM
JuanTCB >"Rock Me Tonight" (Squier)

Did he do the dance? Tell me he did the dance!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)