ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Unknown Author with thanks to Irina
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jagger wearing football t-shirts (post here) Return to archive
17th June 2006 11:56 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This is the oldest I have, it's Torino 1982, provided by guess who? Yes... my partner in crime Fabio "Hot Stuff"

17th June 2006 11:57 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Argentina 2006

17th June 2006 12:00 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
This is the oldest I have, it's Torino 1982, provided by guess who? Yes... my partner in crime Fabio "Hot Stuff"

Photoshopped???????
17th June 2006 12:03 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl No... Fabiootted
17th June 2006 12:04 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Mexico 2006, thanks Cleik

17th June 2006 02:07 PM
Gazza Jagger wore a Scotland shirt at the show at Glasgow Apollo in May 1982. Never seen a photo of it, though
17th June 2006 02:30 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Mexico 2006, thanks Cleik

Awesome shot!
17th June 2006 03:15 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Jagger wore a Scotland shirt at the show at Glasgow Apollo in May 1982. Never seen a photo of it, though

He wore an orange shirt in Amsterdam 1998 (first show of 5), the night Netherlands played Yogoslavia (we won with 2-1 hehehe) at the World Cup back then. They showed the goals on the big screen in between, very cool night.

(later on we kicked Argentina's ass with 2-1 as well, those were the times, lol)
17th June 2006 03:20 PM
Scot Rocks
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

He wore an orange shirt in Amsterdam 1998 (first show of 5), the night Netherlands played Yogoslavia (we won with 2-1 hehehe) at the World Cup back then. They showed the goals on the big screen in between, very cool night.

(later on we kicked Argentina's ass with 2-1 as well, those were the times, lol)

That was the game Bergkamp scored that amazing goal to go 2 - 1 ahead.

Has Mick never wore an England top?
17th June 2006 03:23 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Scot Rocks wrote:
That was the game Bergkamp scored that amazing goal to go 2 - 1 ahead.

Has Mick never wore an England top?

Yeah, Bergkamp, do we need a Bergkamp now, oh boy!

Mick has worn the British flag, but I don't recall him wearing an England shirt, I could be wrong.
17th June 2006 05:50 PM
Gazza I dont think he has, not in public anyway
17th June 2006 06:54 PM
Madafaka
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

This is not the way a princess talks!

Wednesday Angie, don't be scare...

[Edited by Madafaka]
17th June 2006 07:08 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Madafaka wrote:

This is not the way a princess talks!

Wednesday Angie, don't be scare...

Lol, we will get our asses kicked for sure! Hopefully you will let the best players have a rest for the 2nd round. On the other hand, Van Basten might do the same.
17th June 2006 11:51 PM
Highwire Rob I can't believe I scrolled all through this thread and no Yanks posted a shot of Mick in the Dolphins "football" jersey!

18th June 2006 12:07 AM
CraigP I like the red football (american) pants (with the 2 red sripes down the legs and the matching "Mick" jersey)... circa '81/'82 for all you newbies.

I thought this thread would be loaded with photos and likes to photos of Mick in the outfit...

(Not that one can't find many on google and pro photographer's sites)...
18th June 2006 01:30 AM
M.O.W.A.T.

...sorry! Thought it said Mick Jagger in football pants! lol
22nd June 2006 08:54 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Another of Mexico (this is the alternate t-shirt), thanks to Tzonistac at http://rocksoff.org/foro

23rd June 2006 07:46 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This is not the "official" but related

23rd June 2006 10:22 AM
Monkey Woman In honor of lovely Luciana, no doubt
23rd June 2006 10:33 AM
egon
quote:
This is not the "official" but related

This does not have mick jagger in it,
but it IS the shirt of the winning team

[Edited by egon]
23rd June 2006 05:39 PM
Fabio Hot Stuff
quote:
No... Fabiootted

LOL it work good in italian too!
grazie amico Gerardo!
24th June 2006 08:10 AM
Stonesdoug [b] Sorry I couldn't resist--but I am American and this is our football shirt

24th June 2006 08:52 AM
Gazza It was only a matter of time before some American wiseass did something like this...LOL
24th June 2006 08:58 AM
Gazza
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Photoshopped???????

Nope....The Stones played Turin on July 11th and 12th 1982

A few hours after the first show (these concerts took place in the afternoons) Italy were playing West Germany in the World Cup Final in Madrid

Jagger told the 70,000 crowd in Italian, "tonight, you will win 3-1". The result of the final? Italy 3 West Germany 1.

The next day, the MC for the show was the legendary Italian defender Claudio Gentile, who had flown back from Spain for the occasion (the stadium used for the concerts was that of his club side, Juventus)

Not sure which of these shows the picture of Jagger wearing the shirt is from, maybe someone can help. As far as I know, on the back he wore a number 20, which was the squad number of Paolo Rossi, who was Italy's main star of the tournament
[Edited by Gazza]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)