ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Unknown Author with thanks to Irina
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Message from the Chairman ...... Stones Content Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
10th June 2006 03:24 PM
Joey " We've got the Who machine back up and running, and the band sounds good. We are developing a special six screen video system to provide an alternative and a complement to our lighting rig - hey! we could get sexy dancers and we'd have as cool a show as Kylie (get well soon sweetheart and keep fighting).

For the European leg of the tour Roger introduced CRY IF YOU WANT into the set, and we have swotted up on DON'T EVEN KNOW MYSELF, RELAY, GETTING IN TUNE, THE SEEKER, ANOTHER TRICKY DAY, NAKED EYE, BARGAIN, PURE & EASY, I'M A BOY, TATOO and LET'S SEE ACTION to fly in - all special requests from fans.

We will also squeeze in the big classics for those who don't always follow our shows.

For the real fanatics (and bootleggers) out there, Roger and I both put together lists of songs we really want to play at some point during the tour this coming year. We have been inspired by the Stones to do this - though we are trying to shorten out marathon show at the same time, so it's hard to find a spot in the show to fit them in. So many of our songs are long. Put BABA O'RILEY, WHO ARE YOU, WON'T GET FOOLED AGAIN, and some stuff from QUADROPHENIA and TOMMY in a show and you already fill almost an hour of playing time. It looks like our show will run about 100 minutes.

I will publish a list of so-called "Who Rarities" that we hope to introduce one by one on the American tour later this year. This has some really fun stuff on it including our first Mini-Opera, and stuff like Roger's song HERE FOR MORE and BLUE, RED and GREY performed by me on a ukelele.

Working with Rachel on IN THE ATTIC has made me quite a bit braver about tackling unusual songs, and I'm hoping that on occasion - where a "Rarity" may not work on the big Who stage, I might be able to play it Live on IN THE ATTIC. I may be able to persuade Roger to join us sometimes. So there should be some interesting times ahead. "

www.PeteTownshend.com

10th June 2006 04:01 PM
sirmoonie Nice work, Joseph. The Who look motivated to rock the smack in 2006.

Pole bang ski.

Redondo! Redondo!

Liquor. Bongs and liquor.

Save the bombardier! Save the bombardier!
10th June 2006 05:51 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Nice work, Joseph. The Who look motivated to rock the smack in 2006.

Pole bang ski.

Redondo! Redondo!

Liquor. Bongs and liquor.

Save the bombardier! Save the bombardier!

Bless You Moonie .........

We got the Rolling Stones and The Who --- nothing else needs to be said except :

10th June 2006 06:21 PM
HardKnoxDurtySox
quote:
Joey wrote:
...and stuff like Roger's song HERE FOR MORE...

10th June 2006 06:32 PM
MrPleasant lol!
10th June 2006 06:47 PM
Joey

Funny Stuff here ....
10th June 2006 06:50 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Joey wrote:
" We've got the Who machine back up and running, and the band sounds good. We are developing a special six screen video system to provide an alternative and a complement to our lighting rig - hey! we could get sexy dancers and we'd have as cool a show as Kylie (get well soon sweetheart and keep fighting).

For the European leg of the tour Roger introduced CRY IF YOU WANT into the set, and we have swotted up on DON'T EVEN KNOW MYSELF, RELAY, GETTING IN TUNE, THE SEEKER, ANOTHER TRICKY DAY, NAKED EYE, BARGAIN, PURE & EASY, I'M A BOY, TATOO and LET'S SEE ACTION to fly in - all special requests from fans.

We will also squeeze in the big classics for those who don't always follow our shows.

For the real fanatics (and bootleggers) out there, Roger and I both put together lists of songs we really want to play at some point during the tour this coming year. We have been inspired by the Stones to do this - though we are trying to shorten out marathon show at the same time, so it's hard to find a spot in the show to fit them in. So many of our songs are long. Put BABA O'RILEY, WHO ARE YOU, WON'T GET FOOLED AGAIN, and some stuff from QUADROPHENIA and TOMMY in a show and you already fill almost an hour of playing time. It looks like our show will run about 100 minutes.

I will publish a list of so-called "Who Rarities" that we hope to introduce one by one on the American tour later this year. This has some really fun stuff on it including our first Mini-Opera, and stuff like Roger's song HERE FOR MORE and BLUE, RED and GREY performed by me on a ukelele.

Working with Rachel on IN THE ATTIC has made me quite a bit braver about tackling unusual songs, and I'm hoping that on occasion - where a "Rarity" may not work on the big Who stage, I might be able to play it Live on IN THE ATTIC. I may be able to persuade Roger to join us sometimes. So there should be some interesting times ahead. "

www.PeteTownshend.com

MENTIONING RACHEL FULLER IS GAY(SEE AVATAR)
10th June 2006 07:33 PM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

MENTIONING RACHEL FULLER IS GAY(SEE AVATAR)

10th June 2006 07:39 PM
lotsajizz Hey Joey!!
11th June 2006 03:49 AM
stonedinaustralia yes ...hey joey - your silence on the Zarqawi thread is deafening!!
11th June 2006 11:26 AM
MrPleasant "Message from the Chairman ......"

11th June 2006 12:32 PM
nankerphelge Joey?

11th June 2006 12:36 PM
Phog Joey, will the TWO be playing Omaha possibly?
11th June 2006 12:37 PM
MrPleasant Why did Pete Townshend cross the road?

Because he's gay!!!
11th June 2006 12:46 PM
Some Guy Sticky this puppy!
11th June 2006 02:42 PM
Joey
quote:
Phog wrote:
Joey, will the TWO be playing Omaha possibly?

Bet the RANCH

|
|
|
V

www.QWESTCENTER.com

[cc:ss]

[Edited by Joey]
11th June 2006 05:41 PM
Some Guy I smell a sticky.
12th June 2006 09:30 AM
Joey

.......... Fingers ?!?!

[Edited by Joey]
12th June 2006 09:45 AM
Maxlugar The Who are rock and roll's third arm. A useless, atrophied and unnecessary appendage tricking the world’s freaks into thinking it's the last tour, for the last six tours.

12th June 2006 09:46 AM
glencar They fall for it every stinking time!
12th June 2006 09:50 AM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
The Who are rock and roll's third arm. A useless, atrophied and unnecessary appendage tricking the world’s freaks into thinking it's the last tour, for the last six tours.

M- .......

M- M- .......

M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- M- ....

M- Macky ?!?!

Could I please come over this afternoon and borrow a cup of ego ?

|
|
|
V

http://www.petetownshend.co.uk/diary/display.cfm?id=297&zone=diary

12th June 2006 10:45 AM
Maxlugar [quote]Joey wrote:
Could I please come over this afternoon and borrow a cup of ego ?

Yes. But bring a bucket. I have some creativity to spare too.

12th June 2006 11:00 AM
Joey

" Yes. But bring a bucket. I have some creativity to spare too."

12th June 2006 11:40 AM
Some Guy What became of the late day Fri thread about the jury trial is over???????
12th June 2006 11:44 AM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
What became of the late day Fri thread about the jury trial is over???????

Huh ?!?!
12th June 2006 11:46 AM
Some Guy
quote:
Joey wrote:

Huh ?!?!

jb posted a thread Fri titled "The Jury Tial isOver!!!!!!!!!" and it is gone
12th June 2006 02:37 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

jb posted a thread Fri titled "The Jury Tial isOver!!!!!!!!!" and it is gone

I just took my afternoon shit .

12th June 2006 02:40 PM
FPM C10 Did you bring a bucket?
12th June 2006 02:44 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Did you bring a bucket?

Yes , for Maxy

^
|
|
|

That's miracle on ice postin'!

[Edited by Joey]
12th June 2006 02:48 PM
Maxlugar [quote]Joey wrote:
I just took my afternoon shit .

Did the gerbil bones hurt?
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)