ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Fleabit Peanut
Monkey was here babies!
Spectrum Arena, Philadelphia - Today 30 years ago
© 1975 FPM C10
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Uncles Bon and Willie Return to archive
June 22nd, 2005 08:46 AM
lotsajizz ...brought their neverending roadshow to Dodd 'Stadium' in Norwich CT last night, the full-Strawberry-moon-blessed summer solstice .... continuing their swing of minor league ballparks. Maybe 5,000 or so in the crowd. They were predominantly 20-somethings with a sprinkling of older hippies. The crowd was mellow, it was easy to get within ten feet of the stage. Security was mellow, but no herbage beyond a furtive bowl was brought forth into Dylan's set. Willie was engaging and it was nice to hear his famous songs (Crazy, Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain, Always On My Mind, Ain't It Funny How Time Slips Away, On The Road Again, Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys). Two of his band were his sons--that's one way to keep track of your teenagers! Maybe a sixth of the crowd was just into Willie and left after his set or shortly thereafter. I've seen Dylan a couple of dozen times now, and last night stands as one of the best 3-4 I have seen to date. That band of his just gets better and better (hint Stones...the more you play, the better you get!!). And the band leader was in good voice (for him), played great harmonica, cracked a cryptic joke, smiled at BOTH the crowd and his band more than twice (rare), and even chuckled out loud once (probably was flashed by one of those nice 20-ish hippie chicks up front). Highlights were 'Cold Irons Bound' (always excellent), 'The Ballad of John Brown' (timely as ever, bitter bitter tune), 'Highway 61 Revisited' (rockin'), 'Masters Of War' (first encore), and 'Like A Rolling Stone' (second encore). If these road warriors come your way, see them....there like will not pass these ways again after they're gone

set list Dylan
1) Drifter's Escape
2) Love Minus Zero, No Limits
3)Lonesome Day Blues
4) Shooting Star
5) Cold Irons Bound
6) Standing In The Doorway
7) Highway 61
8) John Brown
9) Memphis Blues Again
10)Mississippi
11) Bye And Bye
12)Summer Days

enc1-Master Of War
enc2_Like A Rolling Stone
June 22nd, 2005 11:26 AM
Martha Wonderful review Jizz. Thanks! We see Bob again on Sunday in Cleveland and I cannot wait. I can't stop going to his shows. :-)
June 22nd, 2005 11:38 AM
Phog Jizz, you got to see Bob play "Mississippi" you lucky dog. Glad you enjoyed the show.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)