ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Fleabit Peanut
Monkey was here babies!
Spectrum Arena, Philadelphia - Today 30 years ago
© 1975 FPM C10
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Detroit Tickets are cheap!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
June 21st, 2005 11:46 AM
Jacobesque1 Has anyone seen how cheap good Detroit seats are, even from scalpers? Some sites have 10th row center on the field for $315!! Did this show just tank on sales or what?
June 21st, 2005 01:50 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Jacobesque1 wrote:
Has anyone seen how cheap good Detroit seats are, even from scalpers? Some sites have 10th row center on the field for $315!! Did this show just tank on sales or what?

yes they did tank. Last tour i was able to buy a ticket on ebay months before the show on the floor of Ford Field at face value.....truly a poor choice to stop here!
June 21st, 2005 02:04 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Jacobesque1 wrote:
Has anyone seen how cheap good Detroit seats are, even from scalpers? Some sites have 10th row center on the field for $315!! Did this show just tank on sales or what?

you can go to TM.com and pull up a single Sec A row 11 now...horrible sales for this show. i wonder if they will cancel this one?
June 21st, 2005 02:08 PM
Joey

Actually , Detroit has been an economic basket case for twenty - five friggin years now ......... I'm surprised ANYTHING does well there ( Especially in today's bathetic economy what with Stalwart Companies like General Motors and Ford reduced to " Junk Status " ).

" Bushie43 may very well end up like Nixon Ronnie ! "

Spazz !
June 21st, 2005 02:29 PM
pdog
quote:
Joey wrote:

" Bushie43 may very well end up like Nixon Ronnie ! "

It's the sweaty upper lip, ain't it!
June 21st, 2005 02:30 PM
Dan
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

you can go to TM.com and pull up a single Sec A row 11 now...horrible sales for this show. i wonder if they will cancel this one?

Just wait until the feasibility study for a 2nd Moncton show has been completed.
June 21st, 2005 02:31 PM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:

It's the sweaty upper lip, ain't it!

Hello pdoggy
( Rocks Off Member )

How's it hanging ?!?!
June 21st, 2005 02:33 PM
Joey
quote:
Dan wrote:

Just wait until the feasibility study for a 2nd Moncton show has been completed.

I would like to do a ' feasibility study ' on you's .......

................. No's ?!?!?!

Snarky !
June 21st, 2005 02:40 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Jacobesque1 wrote:

Tickets sales would have to improve dramatically for them to be considered in the toilet. Right now they can't even find the bowl.

Maybe they should adopt the Backstreet Boys (errr) Buy 2 Get 2 Free sales promotion, or give away a free ticket with every Little Caesar's pizza purchased between now and show day.

[Edited by Left Shoe Shuffle]
June 21st, 2005 02:46 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

Tickets sales would have to improve dramatically for them to be considered in the toilet. Right now they can't even find the bowl.

Maybe they should adopt the Backstreet Boys (errr) Buy 2 Get 2 Free sales promotion, or give away a free ticket with every Little Caesar's pizza purchased between now and show day.

[Edited by Left Shoe Shuffle]

excellent ideas, those strategies may work. Detroit does not offer any high quality pizza, and little caesars can really clean up with an offer like that. I suspect that tickets will all be $99 day of show or less.

Good analysis Left show shuffle!
June 21st, 2005 02:52 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
excellent ideas, those strategies may work. Detroit does not offer any high quality pizza, and little caesars can really clean up with an offer like that. I suspect that tickets will all be $99 day of show or less.

Good analysis Left show shuffle!

Yeah, one large pie with extra Keith sounds like a plan.
If only Mike Ilitch would take my calls.
June 21st, 2005 02:59 PM
Mr Jimmy
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:
Yeah, one large pie with extra Keith sounds like a plan.

Unfortunately, I think they'll only be serving us extra CHEESE on this tour, courtesy of Chuck.
June 21st, 2005 03:04 PM
Jacobesque1 I'll bet they only give us 1 encore because they may have to take a pay cut on this one...I'm already sweating that. I've also heard rumors that instead of playing a show they will just walk around the crowd and hang out with everyone to save costs.
June 21st, 2005 03:08 PM
Joey [quote]Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

Maybe they should adopt the Backstreet Boys (errr) Buy 2 Get 2 Free sales promotion, or give away a free ticket with every Little Caesar's pizza purchased between now and show day. "

Everyone ........................................

Did you all read the above post ?

Did you READ it ?!?!?!

Now THAT is postin' my friends .

I mean , that's what my little friends and myself running around the Plains of Nebraska with knickers on and stick ball bats in our hands used to call "Postin'!"

You're POSTIN' baby!

The Joey - As seen on the reality show "That's Postin'!", 10:00 PM CDT Sundays.

[Edited by Sniffy ]

[Edited by Joey]
June 21st, 2005 03:09 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Mr Jimmy wrote:
Unfortunately, I think they'll only be serving us extra CHEESE on this tour, courtesy of Chuck.

Aw man, leftovers again?
June 21st, 2005 03:10 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

Aw man, leftovers again?

i told you that was good postin joey!!
June 21st, 2005 03:22 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

i told you that was good postin joey!!

Puggy .................................

This board is on " Fire " !!!!!

June 21st, 2005 03:29 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Joey wrote:
Did you READ it ?!?!?!

Now THAT is postin' my friends .

I mean , that's what my little friends and myself running around the Plains of Nebraska with knickers on and stick ball bats in our hands used to call "Postin'!"

You're POSTIN' baby!

The Joey - As seen on the reality show "That's Postin'!", 10:00 PM CDT Sundays.

Thanks, Joey.

I'd be looking for a mention on next week's show, except I can't get Omaha Public Access Channel 86 on the dish.
June 21st, 2005 03:33 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

Thanks, Joey.

I'd be looking for a mention on next week's show, except I can't get Omaha Public Access Channel 86 on the dish.

the proper way to get that channel is to stick a coat hanger into the antennae slot, and touch your foot to the "flush handle" on your toilet.
June 21st, 2005 03:34 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

the proper way to get that channel is to stick a coat hanger into the antennae slot, and touch your foot to the "flush handle" on your toilet.

[ Edited by Ed McMahon ]

[Edited by Joey]
June 21st, 2005 03:38 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Thanks for the tip, pug.

Note to self: Move TV into bathroom. Wear rubber soled shoes.
June 21st, 2005 05:14 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

Thanks for the tip, pug.

Note to self: Move TV into bathroom. Wear rubber soled shoes.

you can do it!
June 21st, 2005 07:52 PM
jb Detroit has humiliated the band....the worst since Gainesville 94 .............but so has Pitt, Tampa( a real disgrace) Hartford, Denver(a loser state), Salt Lake, Hartford, Philly 2, SBC 2, Phoenix, Columbus, Portland, Anaheim and I few other I can't think of. The Detroit show must be canceled~!!!
[Edited by jb]
June 21st, 2005 09:30 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
jb wrote:
Detroit has humiliated the band....the worst since Gainesville 94 .............but so has Pitt, Tampa( a real disgrace) Hartford, Denver(a loser state), Salt Lake, Hartford, Philly 2, SBC 2, Phoenix, Columbus, Portland, Anaheim and I few other I can't think of. The Detroit show must be canceled~!!!
[Edited by jb]

Perhaps the mirror needs to be turned inward.
It's obvious in a lot of these cities that the band/Cohl's reach exceeded their grasp.

Casual fans have a been there done that attitude, and the cult that remains just might not be large enough anymore.

Of course the ticket prices don't help much either.
June 22nd, 2005 10:36 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Detroit has humiliated the band....the worst since Gainesville 94 .............but so has Pitt, Tampa( a real disgrace) Hartford, Denver(a loser state), Salt Lake, Hartford, Philly 2, SBC 2, Phoenix, Columbus, Portland, Anaheim and I few other I can't think of. The Detroit show must be canceled~!!!
[Edited by jb]

Omaha will sell out in five minutes
June 22nd, 2005 10:41 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

i seriously doubt it would take that long.
June 22nd, 2005 11:39 AM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Joey wrote:

What's the capacity of the Elks Lodge?
June 22nd, 2005 11:47 AM
jb
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

Perhaps the mirror needs to be turned inward.
It's obvious in a lot of these cities that the band/Cohl's reach exceeded their grasp.

Casual fans have a been there done that attitude, and the cult that remains just might not be large enough anymore.

Of course the ticket prices don't help much either.

Agree 100%..Cohl, usually brilliant, really miscalculated this tour..poor venue choices for Stadiums, and too pricey for casual fans....this will be a real embarrassment..
June 22nd, 2005 11:52 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

out of no where you came to us and are a "player" already...good work!
June 22nd, 2005 12:33 PM
Joey
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

You Be Postin' my friend

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)