ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Fleabit Peanut
Monkey was here babies!
Spectrum Arena, Philadelphia - Today 30 years ago
© 1975 FPM C10
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Barrie will host Canada's Live 8 concert Return to archive
June 21st, 2005 10:57 AM
Mr Jimmy I just heard the latest news straight from Cohl's mouth via press conference that the Stones will not be at Canada's Live 8 concert. Then again, it could be worth getting a free ticket just in case they show up. Barrie is located less than an hour drive north of Toronto

From CBC.ca:

After weeks of rumours and speculation, organizers have announced Barrie, Ont., as the location of the upcoming Canadian Live 8 concert.

Concert promoter Michael Cohl, who helped organize the Rolling Stones SARS benefit concert in 2003, announced Tuesday morning that the free concert will take place on July 2 at Barrie's outdoor Park Place concert venue, formerly known as Molson Park.

Performers will range from Canadian icons like Gordon Lightfoot, Bruce Cockburn, Randy Bachman and Burton Cummings to bands like the Barenaked Ladies, Blue Rodeo, Our Lady Peace, the Tragically Hip and Great Big Sea. International rockers Motley Crue and Deep Purple will also be there. And Celine Dion will make a special appearance by satellite.

Set to begin at 11 a.m. and end at 8 p.m., the July 2 concert will be hosted by Dan Aykroyd and Tom Green.

Free tickets, limited to two per person, will be distributed beginning Thursday via the Ticketmaster website.
June 22nd, 2005 03:22 PM
gimmekeef It will be a good show even without the boys who I never thought had a chance of playing anyway.Too much else going on...As far as Live 8..noble cause but I really wonder if even 20% of the people that attend will have any real understanding why its being put on....Live Aid was to the point this seems like way too much politics versus true human need/help....just my thoughts anyway...to be honest I hope I'm dead wrong!
June 22nd, 2005 03:23 PM
glencar Boring!
June 23rd, 2005 01:00 AM
texile i'm glad the stones won't be there.......
it's an ego-driven rocks star fest......
'lets care about the third world for a day, feel good about ourselves and then forget about them for another 20 years.'
bullshit - damon albarn was right to slam bono and geldof.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)