ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Fleabit Peanut
Monkey was here babies!
Spectrum Arena, Philadelphia - Today 30 years ago
© 1975 FPM C10
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Philly 2ndshow ticket screwup Return to archive
June 20th, 2005 04:49 PM
tbird I camped out at the Wachovia for 15 1/2 hours to get tix this morning for the 10/12 show. I was 10th in line at the venue and I ended up with a pair of semi-decent second level $99 tickets. How is that possible? The venue should have access to the most seats. Ticketbastard has the all these venued collective nuts in a vice. What bullshit. And the guy who was 8th in line told me he got shut out at the venue for the 10/10 show and he was # 40 in line.
June 20th, 2005 05:20 PM
winter Camping out = Old School.

Last time the Stones gave preference to box office sales was No Security, I believe. Where the first 10 rows were sold at the box office only at $90 a ticket.

Also, I thought they did ramdom numbering to place people in line at most venues to discourage people from wasting the better part of day / night in the hopes of scoring great seats.

Anyway, with the wide spread adoption of a highly sophisticated world-wide network that enables computers to communicate and interact with each other, this network being called the "internet", there are much less time consuming ways to score tickets.

Seriously though, I thought the only people who waited in line anymore were scalpers (or the homeless people / drunks that the scalpers pay $1 to wait in line) and people without computers.

Anyway, sorry you didn't land great seats after spending all that time.

wintah

June 20th, 2005 05:48 PM
voodoopug Sadly, you are right, there is no benefit to waiting for 15 hours to get tickets at the box office. Most have gotten much better seats on the internet. Enjoy the show!
June 20th, 2005 05:57 PM
Joey
quote:
tbird wrote:
I camped out at the Wachovia for 15 1/2 hours to get tix this morning for the 10/12 show. I was 10th in line at the venue and I ended up with a pair of semi-decent second level $99 tickets. How is that possible? The venue should have access to the most seats. Ticketbastard has the all these venued collective nuts in a vice. What bullshit. And the guy who was 8th in line told me he got shut out at the venue for the 10/10 show and he was # 40 in line.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{ WTF ?!?!?! }}}}}}}}}}

tbird ...........................

You are ' Old School '

June 20th, 2005 06:27 PM
tbird LOL Yes, that was an old school move. I haven't camped out for tix since 1988 and now I remember why I stopped doing that. I got shut out of The Stones and 2 U2 shows online (shows DO NOT sell out in under a minute like Ticketbastard would like us to believe), so I decided to go right to the source. The first few people in line were definitely working for scalpers, but they didn't get great seats either. I got drunk, bullshitted with some cool folks, and got to hear a soundboard disc from JFK 1981, so the time wasn't a total loss.
June 20th, 2005 09:07 PM
winter making the best of a not so great situation - good work!
June 20th, 2005 09:21 PM
glencar I sat up here in NY at my computer & bought a pair of seats in Sec 105 for $99. Amazing, ain't it?
June 21st, 2005 12:00 AM
Steel Wheels Camping out is a thing of the past, especially with $100 Stones fan club passwords to get floor seats. I'm in section 7 for both shows.
June 21st, 2005 08:15 AM
gimmekeef Camping out?..oh yes it was 1972 in cold Toronto..camped out for 3 days to get tix to both shows on one day that year.Got ok seats while others like my hot sister got better seats just because who they knew (or were dating!).....My last camp out!
June 21st, 2005 08:36 AM
purrcafe
quote:
tbird wrote:
(shows DO NOT sell out in under a minute like Ticketbastard would like us to believe

I'm furious about my Ticketmaster experience this tour. I wrote to my senator, which may be more effective than you'd think at first, since NY is considering repealing laws against scalping, but we need some sort of concrete proof that they are funneling seats to scalpers, etc. . .
June 21st, 2005 08:55 AM
winter
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
my hot sister

????????????????????
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)