ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Fleabit Peanut
Monkey was here babies!
Spectrum Arena, Philadelphia - Today 30 years ago
© 1975 FPM C10
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Tours and their drug/booze preferences Return to archive
June 20th, 2005 04:38 PM
Vinyl kills What were the boys indulging in during their subsequent tours? I always here the 78 tour refered to as the Cocaine tour.

Brian Jones era tours:

North America 69 tour:

European tour 70:

North America 72 tour:

European tour 73:

North America 75 tour:

European tour 76:

North America tour 78:

North America/European tour 81-82:

June 20th, 2005 04:50 PM
scratched Brian Jones era tours: Pot, acid, coke, speed, booze

North America 69 tour: Coke, pot, smack, booze

European tour 70: Coke, smack, pot, booze

North America 72 tour: Coke, smack, amyl nitrate, downers, pot, booze

European tour 73: Coke, smack, downers, pot, booze

North America 75 tour: Coke, smack, downers, pot, booze

European tour 76: Coke, smack, downers, pot, booze

North America tour 78: Coke, smack, downers, pot, booze

North America/European tour 81-82: Coke, freebase (Ronnie), pot, booze
[Edited by scratched]
June 21st, 2005 08:55 AM
Lord Homosex Hi, I have NEVER headr the 78 tour referred to as theCoke tour. Now I have heard Ron talk about 75 and all the H and Cocaine lined up on the Amps behind stage. And 72 was obviously a dopefest with poppers going off all over the place. Seems like in 72 H was actually considered chic. I mean, to bestrung out on it was considered cool. In 69 Keith seemed content to shoot up on his own mainly. Same goes for the 76 leg of the tour. I'm sure Keith was doing it as much as in 75 but by the time they got to Europe there were many more borders to cross. So he might have kept a lower profile.
The difference that would take a tour over the top would be if the others also got high since keith did it most of the time in the 70's anyway. jagger seems like he did some blow in 72-75. Ron came in and brought another habit wioth him. But in 78 Keith was (at least publicly) trying to live down the myth of hardcore doper. It certainly didn't hurt his strteet cred with the Punkers that hewas "on the run" from the law throughou the 78 tour.
June 21st, 2005 08:10 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Vinyl kills wrote:
I always here the 78 tour refered to as the Cocaine tour.

The '78 tour only?
What about the '81-'82 tour and Ronnie's story about the police.
June 21st, 2005 09:09 PM
Vinyl kills Do tell!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)