ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Fleabit Peanut
Monkey was here babies!
Spectrum Arena, Philadelphia - Today 30 years ago
© 1975 FPM C10
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Stones; Geloofwaardig, of niet? (In Dutch) Return to archive
June 20th, 2005 10:10 AM
egon http://debatplaats.vara.nl/forum/listthreads?forum=170506
June 20th, 2005 11:45 PM
voodoopug
quote:
egon wrote:
http://debatplaats.vara.nl/forum/listthreads?forum=170506

to quote Dr. Evil:

"I don't speak Freaky Deaky Dutch" can someone translate?

edited by [baby joey]
June 20th, 2005 11:58 PM
Soldatti My dutch is no very good it seems, because I don't get a single word.
PS: of niet = rivets?
June 21st, 2005 12:56 AM
MrPleasant "The Stones; Credible, or not?"

To translate, I used http://www.systranbox.com/systran/box. Of course, the results can be weird. However, based on my limited understanding, the dutch-oriented page is a thread dedicated to the credibility (and non-credibility) of the band.

Where it reads "De waagschaal" ("The forum", maybe?), there's (sort of) the following: "The Rolling Stones, meanwhile sixty, roll still even. Questions concerning money as possible drijfveer do not answer them. How credible the Rolling Stones are anno 2005?"

See the words "geloofwaardig" and "ongeloofwaardig"?, those are: "credible" and "incredible" (as in "authentic"/"inauthentic"). Apparently 64% (of some voters) felt favourably towards the group.

Below, some fellas "spoke" their minds. One of them ("davina"), apparently began a controversy as he/she wrote something like:

"I was in former days large Stones supporter. Especially the very early Stones. For a long time no longer. And for me it needs no longer that chewed mouthful. I have filled the pockets of the lords already enough! And I have such a hekel to Mick Jagger...... pitifully such as he but wants remain young......"

And then...

"Response to davina (with pension a.u.b.) spoilt pokkejong: ZÉÉR CREDIBLELY!

"The Stones to be credible because they in any case himself have still pleasure in the actions. And they are himself not a marketing concept, but its marketing and the associated merchandice a component. And the younger muzikanten no longer credible."

And so on...

I need a beer.
[Edited by MrPleasant]
June 21st, 2005 11:04 AM
egon exactly.

apparentlty they have different forum questions/statements every week. (the name of the furum is "waaghals")

nothing much to get excited about and definitely not worth learning dutch for.
June 21st, 2005 11:12 AM
Joey

Egon ...........................................

I continue to suffer from flank pain, chronic IBS, benign fasciculation, and other stress related conditions. This includes rectal irritation, burning sensations upon urination, swollen glands, loose skin, and a very painful bile duct. Lately, this stress has caused scalp twitching, which I fear is a symptom of a major, terminal ailment.

Tee Hee
June 21st, 2005 08:11 PM
Soldatti Thanks for the translation.
June 22nd, 2005 12:52 AM
MrPleasant De nada, compadre.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)