ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Fleabit Peanut
Monkey was here babies!
Spectrum Arena, Philadelphia - Today 30 years ago
© 1975 FPM C10
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: THE WHO set for LIVE 8 ......... ( N.S.C. ) Return to archive
June 13th, 2005 10:02 AM
Joey
From Pete's Site :

" The Who have confirmed that they will appear at this year's Live 8 event in London's Hyde Park. The event and the subsequent walk to the G8 summit near Edinburgh, is aimed at focusing world leaders attention on the plight of Africa, and will take place on July 2nd. Tickets for the show are only available by a phone text lottery, details of which can be found here: live8.com

The band's involvement was announced by organiser Bob Geldof on tonight's Jonathon Ross TV show in the UK. "

http://www.petetownshend.co.uk/

June 13th, 2005 10:12 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Why are they not letting Americans get tickets for this?

I've been wanting to break my piggy bank and go to Europe on a student-package deal for a while, now... if I could get in to this, I'd be packing my bags. McCartney, The Who, and the reconstituted Floyd (I'm not a huge fan, but I know hell freezing over when I see it)... at this point I'm expecting the Stones to announce they're playing with just themselves, Darryl, Bobby, and Ian MacLagan, doing new songs, old covers, and lots of unannounced theatre shows...
June 13th, 2005 10:16 AM
Joey [quote]TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:
Why are they not letting Americans get tickets for this?

I've been wanting to break my piggy bank and go to Europe on a student-package deal for a while, now... if I could get in to this, I'd be packing my bags. McCartney, The Who, and the reconstituted Floyd "

Amen my Stonesian Brother .................

What a Line Up !!!!!

Pink Floyd , MACCA , THE WHO , U2 .................

Are the Stones NEXT ?!?!

Developing ..........................

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Flacky !
June 13th, 2005 12:39 PM
Jumping Jack Will Zack be deprogrammed and ready to rock for this event? I hope the poor lad hasn't been ruined for life!!!
June 13th, 2005 01:02 PM
Stonesmillenium2001 I am also hoping for Clapton or Cream or Led Zeppelin to play.
June 13th, 2005 01:06 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:
[...]
... at this point I'm expecting the Stones to announce they're playing with just themselves, Darryl, Bobby, and Ian MacLagan, doing new songs, old covers, and lots of unannounced theatre shows...

Me too little fella, me too.

I agree when people say Keith in the last 10 years became lazier than ever, as well as Ron posing onstage, but I think it's due to the role they put on Leavell's hands. Of course it's Mick/Keith's fault, but I'm bloody sure that if it wasn't for Leavell's, they would be forced play their arses off goddamnit!

Jay's tip of the day: Get rid of all the 'BUNCH'
June 13th, 2005 01:38 PM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Will Zack be deprogrammed and ready to rock for this event? I hope the poor lad hasn't been ruined for life!!!

Yeah , Great Question Jumping Jack !!!! I'm sort of surprised Zak hasn't kicked the living SH## out of one of those Gallagher Brothers yet . Obviously he has agreed to play for THE WHO otherwise there is no way in Hell Roger & Pete would ' sign on ' to perform before such a HUGE audience .

Shiver ..................................

http://www.kathyszaksite.com/

Developing ......................

M. Jackyfly !

[ Edited by Surscee Joe ]
[Edited by Joey]
June 13th, 2005 02:37 PM
Stray Cat UK The crowd is going to be huge ,160,000 I hear.
You'll only see the stage if you're at home watching tv !
Get those videos ready.
June 13th, 2005 02:44 PM
Joey
quote:
Stray Cat UK wrote:
The crowd is going to be huge ,160,000 I hear.
You'll only see the stage if you're at home watching tv !
Get those videos ready.

Damn Straight Stray Cat UK
( Rocks Off Member )

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 13th, 2005 04:52 PM
Jumping Jack The Who will kick the collective asses of all those groups. That is why the Stones are smart enough not show up. Mick and Keith learned what it was like to follow The Two at the Concert For NYC. No way are they going to do that again!!!
June 13th, 2005 05:21 PM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
The Who will kick the collective asses of all those groups. That is why the Stones are smart enough not show up. Mick and Keith learned what it was like to follow The Two at the Concert For NYC. No way are they going to do that again!!!

Amen Jumping Jack !!!!!!!

It first happened in 1968 during the filming of " Circus " and , as you mentioned , AGAIN in 2001 at the " Concert for NYC " .

June 14th, 2005 09:32 AM
egon i hear the spice girls will be there....
June 14th, 2005 09:34 AM
Joey
quote:
egon wrote:
i hear the spice girls will be there....

Egon .................you make Joey weep and shit liquid .

Why ?!?!

WHY ?!?!

WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?!

Sass ! ™
June 14th, 2005 09:35 AM
egon i'll tell you what i want, what i really really want.
June 14th, 2005 09:56 AM
HomerJRichards That Hyde Park line up is awesome. How long is each band going to have on stage? Will it be a case of 2 or 3 songs per act? The Floyd could do Echoes all 20 odd minutes of it, then finish up with Shine on you crazy diamonds pts 1 & 2, Roger better not stand too close to the microphone if he doesn't want the audience to hear him gnashing his teeth at his old pal Dave
June 14th, 2005 10:39 AM
Maxlugar I love the Who!
June 14th, 2005 10:56 AM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I love the Who!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You make Joey say ............. Huh ?!?!

Joey Carson

June 15th, 2005 06:34 AM
corgi37 That concert for NY was a shame. The Who really womped the audience good.

And poor Keith didnt even get introduced!

I still shudder at McCartney though. What an opportunist. I cringe every time i think of the "Grand finale" of his fantastic song "Freedom". The cheese was set to 11.

By the time he said "Another solo Eric?", for the what seemed like 20th time, i nearly kicked the tv in.

June 16th, 2005 07:56 PM
Charlieismydarling I LOVE THE WHO!!!! KEITH MOON! I love him....-Miss Amanda Jones
June 16th, 2005 11:05 PM
full moon It was just announced that Micheal Jackson will be singing a duet with Pete.......
June 17th, 2005 03:05 PM
Joey
quote:
full moon wrote:
It was just announced that Micheal Jackson will be singing a duet with Pete.......

You make Joey sniggle

H.R. Puffin Joe !
June 18th, 2005 08:51 AM
Honky Tonk Man I'm sorry to announce that Zak Starkey WILL NOT be at Hyde Park because Oasis are playing in Manchester on the same day and he has already signed up to perform with them.
June 18th, 2005 11:34 AM
glencar
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
The Who will kick the collective asses of all those groups. That is why the Stones are smart enough not show up. Mick and Keith learned what it was like to follow The Two at the Concert For NYC. No way are they going to do that again!!!

I musta seen a different show. Daltrey's voice was horrid. I liked them despite that but it simply is wrong to say the Who did any ass-kicking that night. Well, okay, they kicked Macca's ass. So did EJ!
June 20th, 2005 10:12 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:

. Well, okay, they kicked Macca's ass. So did EJ!

Agree 100 % !!!!!

MACCA was ' off ' that evening . Actually , he should have played a compleat Beatles set .

Jerscee !
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)