ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Special thanks to Angie!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: You're Beautiful (NSC) Return to archive
20th June 2006 08:41 AM
Ten Thousand Motels I heard that song for the first time ever on the radio last night. Now, normally I would have changed the station but I wanted to see if it was as bad as everyone said it was. It was.....I'd put it right up there with You're Having My Baby and Watching Scotty Grow....well maybe not quite that bad but close enough.
20th June 2006 08:43 AM
FotiniD Thank God someone agrees this song is bad.
And not just the song - I don't like the guy's voice either. Too whiney.
20th June 2006 08:45 AM
egon nobody,

and i do mean NOBODY,

likes a whiner!
20th June 2006 08:47 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Thank God someone agrees this song is bad.

I think EVERYONE agrees the song is bad....or at least everyone with good taste. I guess 5 year olds like it.
20th June 2006 09:24 AM
Honky Tonk Man You're Beautiful represents everything that’s wrong with the general publics music taste.
20th June 2006 09:50 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
You're Beautiful represents everything that’s wrong with the general publics music taste.

100% correct.
This songs sucks,and the video is awful..Welcome in 2006!
20th June 2006 10:05 AM
Ten Thousand Motels BLUNT INTIMIDATED BY AMERICAN WOMEN

Movie & Entertainment News provided by World Entertainment News Network (www.wenn.com)
2006-06-20

Singer JAMES BLUNT is intimidated by American women, because they are so much taller than the British women he is used to dating.

The YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL star, who is currently dating Eastern European beauty PETRA NEMKOVA, is self-conscious about his height and finds tall women in the US make him feel even more insecure.

He explains, "American women are an inch taller (than British women). An inch makes a huge difference to me, because I'm a pretty small guy." The singer insists his mother has always compared him to TOM CRUISE, but he didn't think it had anything to do with his height - until now.

He adds, "I'm not as small as him, but maybe she's having a subversive dig!"

20th June 2006 10:28 AM
Honky Tonk Man Oh well, I suppose the awful song DOES have it's uses after all.
-----------------------------------------------------------

By RICHARD WHITE
A GIRL of five woke from a ten-day coma when she heard James Blunt’s No1 hit You’re Beautiful.
Claudia Amber Dealwis opened her eyes for the first time since an accident as her favourite song played.
Doctors feared Claudia might not survive when she fell 15ft headfirst over a balcony at a pal’s house and fractured her skull.
Parents Paul Dealwis and Gaynor Turner kept a round-the-clock bedside vigil but she showed no signs of recovery until the song — which includes the lyrics: “There must be an angel with a smile on her face” — came on hospital radio.
Paul, 40, of Burnley, said: “I’m so relieved she is out of the coma. Claudia loves that song and is always singing it. It’s like her very own little theme tune.

“We could see her move a bit and we knew she was beginning to wake up. When she opened her eyes we were so relieved. Every little movement was like a massive step.”
Claudia is still recovering at Burnley General Hospital, but must learn to walk again.
Paul said: “She is paralysed in the right arm and leg, but she is starting to move more.
“She walked ten yards yesterday. She is progressing slowly and hopefully she can do it. She should be able to walk again. We are still praying she will be OK.
“The last three weeks has seemed like a lifetime. The doctors told us that it was a case of life and death. They were fighting to save her life.”
Paul and Gaynor, a 40-year-old bank clerk, spent 24 hours a day at her bedside for ten days.
Paul added: “Claudia is a really strong girl. She does martial arts, swimming and ballet. That’s what saved her life — she is such a fit little girl.”

20th June 2006 01:09 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
BLUNT INTIMIDATED BY AMERICAN WOMEN

Singer JAMES BLUNT is intimidated by American women, because they are so much taller than the British women he is used to dating.

Yeah, well, he'd better not come to the Netherlands then.

For the reason of tall women. Or any other reason.
20th June 2006 10:27 PM
Soldatti Worst song ever, I can't stand it anymore.
20th June 2006 11:06 PM
ebmp I can't stand it either

It´s cheesy, whiney and fucking gay
20th June 2006 11:17 PM
Throwaway Someone here once called him James "Bland" Blunt. I couldn't agree more.
21st June 2006 06:51 AM
Voodoo Scrounge No longer shall he be known as James Blunt.

From this day on I shall address him as

James Cunt
22nd June 2006 01:31 AM
glencar I love the song. It makes me cry whenever I hear it.
22nd June 2006 01:35 AM
glencar I always hear it at Macy's.
22nd June 2006 01:39 AM
glencar They knew when I bought "You Don't Bring Me Flowers." This Blunt song will only hurt more. I cry a lot.
22nd June 2006 01:41 AM
Altamont
quote:
glencar wrote:
I always hear it at Macy's.

What are you doing at Macys?
22nd June 2006 01:43 AM
glencar Riffing!
22nd June 2006 01:46 AM
Altamont haha!
you're one of the good ones glencar. good postin, consistently.
22nd June 2006 01:47 AM
glencar Thanks man! It's almost like a 2nd job!
22nd June 2006 01:47 AM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

Is that a "Gay" code word?
[Edited by pdog]

No but "punk" is, bitch!
22nd June 2006 01:56 AM
glencar colombian. couldn't you tell? Gotta catch some zzzzzzzzzzzz's now...
22nd June 2006 02:03 AM
glencar Uh, I gotta work!
22nd June 2006 02:40 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
I love the song. It makes me cry whenever I hear it.

Well, whatever floats yer boat...I guess.
22nd June 2006 03:27 PM
Dead_Flowers I don't care for that song much.

James Blunt banned by radio station 'to give listeners a rest'

A radio station has responded to James Blunt's suggestion that anyone who does not like his music should simply switch off the radio, by banning his tracks from the airwaves.

In a move that may be closely monitored by other stations, Essex FM announced that from today it would no longer play Blunt's hits "You're Beautiful" and "Goodbye My Lover".

The GCap Media station said it was responding to recent audience research, which revealed that listeners had tired of Blunt's distinctive sound.

"Quite often there will be popular artists that people are starting to grow weary of. This time, the number of specific comments about James Blunt were more than we have ever seen for one particular artist," Chris Cotton, the programme controller, said.

"It was quite staggering. People said, 'Can you get rid of him?' 'Can you ban him?' Even people who say they are fans of his songs go on to express that they're sick of it."

Initially, the station will ban Blunt for a few days while eliciting feedback. But early indications suggest listeners are happy with the decision. When the station announced its intention to ban the singer, the switchboard was inundated.

"The amount of feedback is enormous, so it looks like there'll be a pretty long-term ban," Mr Cotton said. "This does tend to happen when artists reach a certain level of popularity, when it becomes wall-to-wall coverage.

"He has a unique sound and is an honest songwriter. That's the sort of combination that makes someone stand out, but people also tend to tire of that sound.We don't have anything against James Blunt and we're pleased he has been so successful, but we really need a break.

"While his songs have been very popular, there is a tremendous amount of industry pressure to play certain artists frequently. Often this can be out of step with the audience's tastes, which results in songs being overplayed. We're happy to stand up to this pressure. We encourage other radio stations to take the same step."
22nd June 2006 07:35 PM
Riffhard quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
glencar wrote:
Riffing!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is that a "Gay" code word?
[Edited by pdog]

Uhhh....no. Hell no! Not there's anything wrong with that. But,hell no all the same!

Riffy
22nd June 2006 08:16 PM
glencar But go with it anyway!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)