ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Special thanks to Angie!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Aerosmith/Motley Crue dates! Return to archive Page: 1 2
20th June 2006 03:32 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
sadly, I do not own a cape.

But I still consider myself an extreme hard-core Stones fan.

but I love tons of other bands. Mostly Stones-style rock bands. But tons of other stuff too. I even like Pearl Jam.

I go to several live shows a week. I'd go see the Stones every night if I could. But I need other bands to cure my live rock fix. Thankfully there is no shortage of good music these days.

Its cool when you can get into a discussion here about other bands that fellow Stones fans dig. No need for any insecure jealousy. We all know the Stones are/were TWGR&R band.

Due to the low number of "Jagger'esque" capes in circulation, it really would not be fair to make cape ownership a requirement for a die hard fan.

Generally, I like your musical tastes....but after reading your posts for a while now, it is obvious that if you had the option of attending a Black Crowes show or a Stones show....You would be burning candles and dancing in your seat (along with the empty rows/sections behind you, see: MSG NYE) to awfully long jams in between solid blues driven rock songs.

It is great to have intelligent discussion on other bands here, but don't come here and tell everyone that your ship has come in because Motley Crue is playing with Aerosmith and expect many of the regulars here to allow their first thought to be: "Now here is a true stones fan with great musical taste!"

As much crap as I, along with others, have given you about the Crowes, it is obvious that there is plenty of Stones influence there. Sadly, when I hear a Black Crowe fan tell me how big a fan they are, I instinctively think that they are not even close to my arch nemisis Saint Sway. But MOtley Crue???? Whitesnake???? Those bands are like mopeds..cool when you are 14, as long as no one finds out.
20th June 2006 03:33 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Dan wrote:

Its more fun to read it and ridicule it then ignore it. And thankfully its not upon you to classify who is or isn't a true fan of the Stones and as always I can get the good seats without your help.

again, correct....One mans opinion, no matter how intelligent it is, is not the gospel my friends.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to make any dreams come true for you!
20th June 2006 03:34 PM
Some Guy The time away has sharpened your postin skills.
20th June 2006 03:44 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
The time away has sharpened your postin skills.

with limited time to post these days, I must make them count. I did not want to further let joey down.
20th June 2006 03:45 PM
Nellcote I will forever stand tall to proclaim
that Aerosmith played at my high school, in 1973
during the debut lp tour.
It was a blast to see my paisan uncle, who was a janitor at the school "wince" from the sound of the band.
We knew the chap who was checking tickets at the door, was able to obtain the stamp used to get in, my 1st concert sneak in.
The band was smoking, nothing such as this had ever been witnessed before in our area.
They used to play around our area all the time.
The band has many links to the local area.
Joe Perry was born two towns away from me,
they used to practice at a golf course event hall
two towns the other way from me.
They join a long list of bands from Massachusetts, as well as New England, whom have made the cut.

I can completely understand how, from afar, many would slice & dice the band for the fawning, sugary ballads of their later years. Given the drug problems they've overcome, they are fortunate to still be popular today.
IMHO, they draw from the same well as many British bands, which always makes the grade in my book.
They are still extremely popular in New England, and will remain an historical part of New England music lore.
I'm not afraid to call myself a fan of the band, in fact, we are planning a road trip to the restaraunt the band owns, Mont Blue, in the near future.
Long Live 'Smith!

[Edited by Nellcote]
20th June 2006 03:47 PM
Some Guy Pump Rocks Balls!
20th June 2006 04:05 PM
Dan
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Pump Rocks Balls!

Yes I love this album! Its all the subsequent knock offs I can't get into.
20th June 2006 04:48 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

It is great to have intelligent discussion on other bands here, but don't come here and tell everyone that your ship has come in because Motley Crue is playing with Aerosmith and expect many of the regulars here to allow their first thought to be: "Now here is a true stones fan with great musical taste!"

As much crap as I, along with others, have given you about the Crowes, it is obvious that there is plenty of Stones influence there. Sadly, when I hear a Black Crowe fan tell me how big a fan they are, I instinctively think that they are not even close to my arch nemisis Saint Sway. But MOtley Crue???? Whitesnake???? Those bands are like mopeds..cool when you are 14, as long as no one finds out.

I agree. And totally get what your saying.

to an extent.

I think Aerosmith are a joke and you couldnt pay me to see them now. But back in the day they drew hard from the Stones well for inspiration. Motley Crue, on the other hand, have always sucked. But thats bc I loath metal. Thats just my personal taste. But I think there are die hard Stones fans that also enjoy going to a Crue show - for whatever reason.

I know this because before my best friend passed away on 9/11 his 3 all-time favorite bands were Aerosmith, Motley Crue and the Stones.

sure the majority of Stones freaks dont like LA glam metal bands. But theres some that do. I say if you're a Stones fan that automatically makes your musical tastes tops.

now please post a PJ set list, so we can all group hug and move on

20th June 2006 05:00 PM
Dan
quote:

But I think there are die hard Stones fans that also enjoy going to a Crue show - for whatever reason.

More of a party atmosphere than your average classic rock show. Also like the fat chick at the bar at closing time, alcohol does make them look and sound better. Saw them at the Forum last year and had a lot of fun. Love the first album too.
20th June 2006 05:11 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Monkeytonk-man wrote:
times as possible.

Not only this but I spent 2 nights sleeping on the streets of london on recent tours to see them at the Shepards bush & Brixton shows

You slept ROUGH in Brixton? You are without DOUBT, the TRUEST Stones fan in America!
20th June 2006 10:40 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Why the fuck dont Aerosmith tour over here any more/ever (UK)?

They can tour here the bastards, 12 years since the last visit.
20th June 2006 11:16 PM
mickmask What are tix going for stateside?
No prices as of yet over here...but they're booked for Toronto in Oct.

mm.
21st June 2006 04:56 AM
Monkeytonk-man Yeah, slept outside, think it was '95 - one night outside Virgin megastore to get the ticket, and the following night outside the actual venue in Brixton, half way through the night about three women turned up with the same idea, so at least there was company for me, we all sat on the steps of the venue and talked.

It wasn't as bad as all that, except at one point some dude came up and was hassling us, I think trying to sell drugs. no worries though, it was a great few days.
21st June 2006 05:45 AM
Monkeytonk-man -----------------------------------------------------------
Voddopug:

quite ridiculous comments, as you don't know me at all, nor what I am all about. It is short sighted fans such as what you are presenting yourself as that really gets my goat.

------------------------------------------------------------

Excuse me? but isn't that what you did when you initially presented your comments upon what constitutes a true Stones fan?

21st June 2006 10:48 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Monkeytonk-man wrote:
-----------------------------------------------------------
Voddopug:

quite ridiculous comments, as you don't know me at all, nor what I am all about. It is short sighted fans such as what you are presenting yourself as that really gets my goat.

------------------------------------------------------------

Excuse me? but isn't that what you did when you initially presented your comments upon what constitutes a true Stones fan?

my comments were general and not directed at one individual...you are excused.
21st June 2006 11:17 AM
gimmekeef Music is in the ears of the beholder....Compared to the hip hop crap which I personally hate (my opinion)to have any rock bands around at all is a blessing.Rating the degree of fandom as to who is a "better" fan reminds me of the days when Tigerbeat magazine was all the rage..
21st June 2006 11:58 AM
voodoopug
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Music is in the ears of the beholder....Compared to the hip hop crap which I personally hate (my opinion)to have any rock bands around at all is a blessing.Rating the degree of fandom as to who is a "better" fan reminds me of the days when Tigerbeat magazine was all the rage..

Ironically, those were also the days when Whitesnake, Motley Crue, and others ruled the airwaves.
22nd June 2006 10:40 AM
Monkeytonk-man saint sway - cheers dude, you sound righteous.

like the over protective girlfiend analogy too, your'e right mate.
22nd June 2006 10:43 AM
Monkeytonk-man By the way, went to Seden last weekend to the 'Sweden rock festival' fantastic, as far as i'm concerned one of the best music festivals going, better than anything in the UK.

Whitesnake headlined the sunday night, man, Coverdale sounds better than ever - as far as I'n concerned one of the greatest singers in the business. Long live king David.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)