ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Special thanks to Angie!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Aerosmith/Motley Crue dates! Return to archive Page: 1 2
19th June 2006 05:23 PM
Dan Not happy with the venue choices out here so I will skip it though I might listen to the Bowl from outside. Thanks to Aerofanatic for the dates.

Tue Sep-05 Columbus Germain Amphitheatre
Thu Sep-07 Hartford NE Dodge Music Center
Sat Sep-09 Pittsburgh Post Gazette Pavilion
Tue Sep-12 Darien Lake Darien Lake PAC
Thu Sep-14 Holmdel PNC Bank Arts Center
Sat Sep-16 Holmdel PNC Bank Arts Center
Tue Sep-19 Wantagh Jones Beach
Thu Sep-21 Wantagh Jones Beach
Sat Sep-23 Camden Tweeter Center
Tue Sep-26 Boston Tweeter Center
Thu Sep-28 Boston Tweeter Center
Sat Sep-30 Washington DC Nissan
Mon Oct-02 Toronto Air Canada Center
Thu Oct-05 Chicago First Midwest Bank
Sat Oct-07 East Troy Alpine Valley Music Theatre
Mon Oct-09 Cincinnati Riverbend
Wed Oct-11 Detroit DTE Energy Music Theatre
Fri Oct-13 Indianapolis Verizon Wireless
Sun Oct-15 St Louis UMB Bank Pavilion
Tue Oct-17 Kansas City Verizon Wireless
Thu Oct-19 Nashville Starwood Amphitheatre
Sat Oct-21 Charlotte Verizon Wireless
Mon Oct-23 Raleigh ALLTEL
Wed Oct-25 VA Beach Verizon Wireless
Thu Nov-02 Mountain View Shoreline
Sat Nov-04 Devore Hyundai Pavilion
Mon Nov-06 Hollywood Bowl Hollywood Bowl
Wed Nov-08 San Diego Coors
Fri Nov-10 Las Vegas MGM
Sun Nov-12 Phoenix Cricket Pavilion
Tue Nov-14 Dallas Smirnoff Music Centre
Thu Nov-16 San Antonio Verizon Wireless
Sat Nov-18 Houston Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pav
Mon Nov-20 Columbia Colonial Center
Wed Nov-22 Tampa Ford Amphitheatre
Fri Nov-24 West Palm Sound Advice
19th June 2006 08:47 PM
GimmeExile Cool...I'm glad to see Aerosmith is ready to roll again...Dan, you'll have to PM me your tips for getting into the Bowl for free! Are you going to Radiohead at the Greek next week?
19th June 2006 09:04 PM
Dan
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
Cool...I'm glad to see Aerosmith is ready to roll again...Dan, you'll have to PM me your tips for getting into the Bowl for free! Are you going to Radiohead at the Greek next week?

No I am not, I am doing almost nothing gigwise this summer! As far as the Bowl - there really isnt any trick I just got lucky both times and only intended to listen from outside before the magic door opened for me. Not going to pay anything for these venues either as much as I want to see both bands those places suck!
19th June 2006 10:34 PM
voodoopug All of those who attend these shows are not true stones fans and should be humbled and humiliated.
20th June 2006 03:39 AM
Monkeytonk-man Voodoopug - are you serious or just a twat?

Man, I don't live that side of the pond, but i'd jump at the chance to see Aerosmith & Crue on a double bill, sounds like a rocking night - does that mean I'm not a true Stones fan?

Dude, check yourself into a mental insitution right away. by the way I also like AC/DC, Whitesnake, ZZ Top, and a host of other rock bands, I take it this means I'm not worthy.
20th June 2006 06:19 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Why the fuck dont Aerosmith tour over here any more/ever (UK)?
20th June 2006 08:15 AM
gimmekeef There had been a rumor circulating about them opening a couple east coast fall Stones shows.With that schedule looks like it was just a rumor...
20th June 2006 09:02 AM
Monkeytonk-man If i remember correctly, wasn't the last time they played here the 'Toxic towers' gig at Wembley? if memory serves Lenny Kravitz, Black Crowes, Stereophonics and a few others were on the bill.

Seem to remember coming away from that thinking that the Crowes were the band of the day for me, also got the idea that one of the video screens didn't seem to be working.

Great day though, pretty good weather, cool beer and lots of rock n roll. now yer talking!
20th June 2006 11:24 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Monkeytonk-man wrote:

Seem to remember coming away from that thinking that the Crowes were the band of the day for me, also got the idea that one of the video screens didn't seem to be working.

you are very wise and should post more often
20th June 2006 11:43 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Monkeytonk-man wrote:
Voodoopug - are you serious or just a twat?

Man, I don't live that side of the pond, but i'd jump at the chance to see Aerosmith & Crue on a double bill, sounds like a rocking night - does that mean I'm not a true Stones fan?

Dude, check yourself into a mental insitution right away. by the way I also like AC/DC, Whitesnake, ZZ Top, and a host of other rock bands, I take it this means I'm not worthy.

1986 called....they miss you!

There will be plenty of room to jump at these shows as they will sell poorly. I am sure a Crue show circa 1986 would have been great....now.....well, Vince Neil was a "star" on VH1's Surreal Life.....and Aerosmith....ugh.

Being a Stones fan is much different from being a true, die hard stones fan (see: jb and myself).
20th June 2006 11:47 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Being a Stones fan is much different from being a true, die hard stones fan (see: jb and myself).

does Babs have a Ten Club?
20th June 2006 12:02 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Monkeytonk-man wrote:
Voodoopug - are you serious or just a twat?

Not as serious as, oooh, say, Corgi, who is very serious, but still - serious!

Bono is a twat. Pug is not Bono. Ergo, um, somethin'.

quote:
Monkeytonk-man wrote:

Congratulations. At least you got THAT right.

quote:
Monkeytonk-man wrote:

You are correct sir!

You DID say "Whitesnake", didn't you?

heee hee hee. I THOUGHT so.

20th June 2006 12:08 PM
Dan
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Thanks for pointing that out. I am a true die hard rock fan but wouldn't extend that description to any individual bands. To be a true, die hard fan of anyone is to be taken for a sucker (see www.rollingstones.com fan club memberships or www.aeroforceone.com etc).
20th June 2006 12:08 PM
voodoopug i missed you FPM!!!! Keep it real my friend!
20th June 2006 12:33 PM
FPM C10
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
i missed you FPM!!!! Keep it real my friend!

Champagne for my real friends...(see: Pug, Joey, et al)

Real pain for my sham friends!

[Edited by FPM C10]
20th June 2006 12:45 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
1986 called....they miss you!

There will be plenty of room to jump at these shows as they will sell poorly. I am sure a Crue show circa 1986 would have been great....now.....well, Vince Neil was a "star" on VH1's Surreal Life.....and Aerosmith....ugh.

[yawn]
20th June 2006 12:54 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Dan wrote:
Not happy with the venue choices out here

What is wrong with the venue choices?
20th June 2006 01:10 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

They all have Aerosmith and Motley Crue stinkin' 'em up!
20th June 2006 01:10 PM
Dan
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

Hyundai Pavilion is a massive 50,000+ capacity amphitheatre 70ish miles away with the usual parking and traffic issues, not to mention just plain huge.

Not a fan of the Hollywood Bowl though the Stones gig didn't have the usual issues other than high ticket prices. But gigs there are usually low volume with lame crowds who talk louder than the music. Poor sightlines, no relay towers halfway back like most outdoor venues. But its only 5-7 miles away and I can hear quite good outside so I might check it out and see what happens.

Aerosmith/KISS played Hyundai Pavilion and came back around toward the end of the tour and played the Forum and that was a good gig. Actually best Aerosmith gig ever since they played "Nobody's Fault" by my request at the charity soundcheck. Scored a lower level ticket in the front third of the house for the regular show for $60 (Face $135 + svc charges).
20th June 2006 01:23 PM
voodoopug
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

They all have Aerosmith and Motley Crue stinkin' 'em up!

to quote Hawk Harrelson of the White Sox Broadcast team:

"This one is crushed....way back...stretch....stretch....he looks up....and you can put it on the board. This one was just crushed"

in other words....home run with that post.
20th June 2006 01:32 PM
FPM C10
20th June 2006 01:42 PM
voodoopug
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

20th June 2006 01:43 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Monkeytonk-man wrote:
If i remember correctly, wasn't the last time they played here the 'Toxic towers' gig at Wembley? if memory serves Lenny Kravitz, Black Crowes, Stereophonics and a few others were on the bill.

Great day though, pretty good weather, cool beer and lots of rock n roll. now yer talking!

20th June 2006 02:30 PM
Monkeytonk-man So, let me just get this straight, if you enjoy other rock bands, and rock music in general, forgoing all others,then you cannot call yourself a TRUE Rolling Stones Fan?

Just for the record, I've been a Stones fan for the last 20 years, they are without doubt my all time favourite band, I've got the Stones tongue tattoe'd on my arm, and have seen them in North America, Mainland Europe and the UK. This summer my travel plans include taking my camper van around Europe and taking in as many Stones gigs as I can, unfortunately the number of gigs has been hampered by recent events, but I still intend to travel to around 10 different countries and see them as many times as possible.

Not only this but I spent 2 nights sleeping on the streets of london on recent tours to see them at the Shepards bush & Brixton shows, both of which were great. - but still I am not a TRUE stones fan,

However, I am also a long haired, leather jacket wearing rock music fan who loves all rock music A - Z from: AC/DC to ZZ Top

Perhaps because I don't spend as much time trawling through the web sites and posting incessantly like many on this board I do not warrant the title of REAL fan - if thats the case then fine - keep that title to yourself and the select few you deem worthy.

sometimes, these ridiculous, over generalisations & comments made by 'net fans' really get my goat. There is life after the Stones, and you can't devalue another fans appreciation of the Stones, just because they have tastes which braod further than a few specific 'acceptable' bands.

anyhoo, I wish you many happy years siting in your room, or wherever you are, pontificating about the Stones, Myself I'll be out, going to other shows and enjoying myself.
20th June 2006 02:50 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Monkeytonk-man wrote:
So, let me just get this straight, if you enjoy other rock bands, and rock music in general, forgoing all others,then you cannot call yourself a TRUE Rolling Stones Fan?

Just for the record, I've been a Stones fan for the last 20 years, they are without doubt my all time favourite band, I've got the Stones tongue tattoe'd on my arm, and have seen them in North America, Mainland Europe and the UK. This summer my travel plans include taking my camper van around Europe and taking in as many Stones gigs as I can, unfortunately the number of gigs has been hampered by recent events, but I still intend to travel to around 10 different countries and see them as many times as possible.

Not only this but I spent 2 nights sleeping on the streets of london on recent tours to see them at the Shepards bush & Brixton shows, both of which were great. - but still I am not a TRUE stones fan,

However, I am also a long haired, leather jacket wearing rock music fan who loves all rock music A - Z from: AC/DC to ZZ Top

Perhaps because I don't spend as much time trawling through the web sites and posting incessantly like many on this board I do not warrant the title of REAL fan - if thats the case then fine - keep that title to yourself and the select few you deem worthy.

sometimes, these ridiculous, over generalisations & comments made by 'net fans' really get my goat. There is life after the Stones, and you can't devalue another fans appreciation of the Stones, just because they have tastes which braod further than a few specific 'acceptable' bands.

anyhoo, I wish you many happy years siting in your room, or wherever you are, pontificating about the Stones, Myself I'll be out, going to other shows and enjoying myself.

quite ridiculous comments, as you don't know me at all, nor what I am all about. It is short sighted fans such as what you are presenting yourself as that really gets my goat.

In my book, someone who considers themselves a big Motley Crue or Whitesnake fan, while there is nothing wrong with that, is not classified by me as a true fan of the stones. If you don't like my book, then don't read it.

With regards to sitting in my room....I dont have "a room", I have 5000 square foot house on a private lake in a town with a higher average income than even Boca Raton, FL that I bought with the money I have earned as an incredibly successful independant manufacturers rep (Saint Sway can fill you in on the details of some of my many posted successes) and I share it with my two beautiful children, lovely wife, and loyal pugs.

When I am not busy at work, or entertaining myself with my friends on this and other sites (as well as the simpletons), I am devoting my days to enjoying seeing my children grow up with many advantages that I wish I had, that my wife and I are thrilled to give them!

I used to be a long haired, leather jacket wearing, rock and roll fan myself, and loved every minute of it, and even played in a Rolling Stones tribute band for several years (which I truly do miss now!). Now, I am a short haired, well groomed, polo shirt wearing, young executive, with a taste for fine restaraunts, great music, and family life. My toughest decision these days is whether or not to raise my salary beyond the six figures it is at now, or invest more in future business.

This does not give me any time to appreciate Whitesnake and Vince Neil.

I deem many other bands respectable (see: The Who, Pearl Jam, The Yardbirds, The Faces, Cream (not the reunion show), and others). jb only gets a pass on his ridiculous "Babs fascination" because I have met him on several occassions and have learned to begrudginly accept it.

Best of luck in your musical endeavors...I am sure that Whitesnake kicks ass to some.....not to true stones fans.

all hail joey and Voodoo (during press conferences especially!) I encourage all Rocks Off Members (including resident cretins and overpaid layabouts), to drop FPM a line and tell him how great his posting has been today.
20th June 2006 02:58 PM
Saint Sway dont take it too hard monkeytonkman

some of the Stones fans here tend to get bent out of shape whenever another band is mentioned here. Basically just acting like an over- jealous girlfriend that gets pissy if you talk or even look at another pretty girl. Very insecure people. They put the Stones in constant competition with everyone.

but thats just some folks. Others here are very open minded about music and realize that its cool to dig other bands and that there is plenty of kick-ass rock-n-roll outside of the Stones.

You sound like a cool guy. remember, this predominately a non-stones content msg board. So feel free to discuss whatever other bands you like and ignore the haters.

20th June 2006 03:01 PM
FPM C10
20th June 2006 03:06 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
dont take it too hard monkeytonkman

some of the Stones fans here tend to get bent out of shape whenever another band is mentioned here. Basically just acting like an over- jealous girlfriend that gets pissy if you talk or even look at another pretty girl. Very insecure people. They put the Stones in constant competition with everyone.

but thats just some folks. Others here are very open minded about music and realize that its cool to dig other bands and that there is plenty of kick-ass rock-n-roll outside of the Stones.

You sound like a cool guy. remember, this predominately a non-stones content msg board. So feel free to discuss whatever other bands you like and ignore the haters.

Beleive it or not...everything you just posted is 100% accurate. If you don't like my point of view...there are hundreds of others here.

No knock on him personally, he may be a great person...nearly all of my friends are not true stones fans, but that doesnt make them bad people, just people with different musical taste/views than myself.
20th June 2006 03:16 PM
Dan
quote:

In my book, someone who considers themselves a big Motley Crue or Whitesnake fan, while there is nothing wrong with that, is not classified by me as a true fan of the stones. If you don't like my book, then don't read it.

Its more fun to read it and ridicule it then ignore it. And thankfully its not upon you to classify who is or isn't a true fan of the Stones and as always I can get the good seats without your help.
20th June 2006 03:19 PM
Saint Sway sadly, I do not own a cape.

But I still consider myself an extreme hard-core Stones fan.

but I love tons of other bands. Mostly Stones-style rock bands. But tons of other stuff too. I even like Pearl Jam.

I go to several live shows a week. I'd go see the Stones every night if I could. But I need other bands to cure my live rock fix. Thankfully there is no shortage of good music these days.

Its cool when you can get into a discussion here about other bands that fellow Stones fans dig. No need for any insecure jealousy. We all know the Stones are/were TWGR&R band.

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)