ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Special thanks to Angie!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sunday Bloody Sunday by George Bush Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
20th June 2006 04:45 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

Please God, for thy children in Israel, go Heat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That isn't done yet? Are they waiting for August????
20th June 2006 04:46 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
You know I love you.

I am leaving the board .
20th June 2006 04:47 PM
glencar You & steelie!
20th June 2006 04:48 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

That's a hell of a risk you're willing to take... I'm coming from the POV, I don't think this war was a good idea or well planned post-Saddam. BUT!!! If we leave, and Iraq falls apart, the Americans who died, died for nothing... Iraq is not ready yet... And it's our fault. Dismantling the aRmy was a huge mistake. Leaving now only reiforces that mistake. I hope we leave soon, not before Iraqs army and police are ready to handle the job in front of them. I think it sucks... Blame Bush, but it's stil lthe reality...
Do you know how many of the Al-Quesda in Iraq are Saudi?
Most of them... Saudi Arabia is the problem... When will Americans realize this and beging the process of cutting them off. We've allowed our enemy to invest Billion$ in our country.
It must stop...NOW!

That's posting pdoggy! You've gotten MUCH smarter since encountering Maxy's couch. Rasputin should take the cure!
20th June 2006 04:52 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Just don't run that gift dry like everything else you do. I like the "gerbil at the mike stand" thing but you're in danger of getting "gere'd" & after getting Oamha'd this year, I don't know howe much more you can take. You know I love you.

Being a Great Writer ( see : JB , PUGGY , Joey , Pete Townshend , Mick & Keith , MACCA ) ain't easy and ' hard ' on the family life .
20th June 2006 04:54 PM
glencar What family? You just have cats!
20th June 2006 04:56 PM
rasputin56
quote:
glencar wrote:
You evidently haven't read any of my posts except for the parts that insult Dims. Try reading the entire posts & then respond. Otherwise, you're useless & not worth answering. Start now!

edited by Jagger to correct typos!
[Edited by glencar]

You're so vain, you probably think this post is about you.

Wait! Are you saying you actually posted something worth reading? I'll have to check that out. Thanks for the alert.
20th June 2006 04:58 PM
glencar Have it it, bitchy bitch! Gotta go.

PS Love the Carly reference. I have a feeling outside this politics stuff, I'd like you.
[Edited by glencar]
20th June 2006 05:04 PM
rasputin56
quote:
pdog wrote:

That's a hell of a risk you're willing to take... I'm coming from the POV, I don't think this war was a good idea or well planned post-Saddam. BUT!!! If we leave, and Iraq falls apart, the Americans who died, died for nothing... Iraq is not ready yet... And it's our fault. Dismantling the aRmy was a huge mistake. Leaving now only reiforces that mistake. I hope we leave soon, not before Iraqs army and police are ready to handle the job in front of them. I think it sucks... Blame Bush, but it's stil lthe reality...
Do you know how many of the Al-Quesda in Iraq are Saudi?
Most of them... Saudi Arabia is the problem... When will Americans realize this and beging the process of cutting them off. We've allowed our enemy to invest Billion$ in our country.
It must stop...NOW!

And aren't you taking just as big a risk by saying as long as you people are incompetant fools who don't want to stand up for yourselves, we'll continue to pour our money and blood down the drain? Let's face it, the "plan" to date has not been effective. For crying out loud, they Iraqis cannot even rely on electricity for one hour out of every six (if they're lucky). Something has to give and unless Iraqis start to shoulder the brunt of it now, it may and probably will never happen. The only way an insurgency will be defeated is if the people want it so. As long as our men & women there can be pointed at to be the cause of all their suffering (rightly or wrongly) this will not happen.

As far as the Saudis go, word. But pay no attention to the President holding hands and skipping down the lane in Crawford with that Prince. As far as China goes, they won't have to nuke us, they're on their way to owning us.
20th June 2006 05:05 PM
rasputin56
quote:
glencar wrote:
Have it it, bitchy bitch! Gotta go.

PS Love the Carly reference. I have a feeling outside this politics stuff, I'd like you.
[Edited by glencar]

You're probably right, er, correct. I look forward to having a beer or twelve with you & Riffy someday.
20th June 2006 05:15 PM
Joey
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

You're probably right, er, correct. I look forward to having a beer or twelve with you & Joey & Riffy someday.

Come to Joey .....

Joeykins !
20th June 2006 05:26 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Joey wrote:

I am leaving the board .

You can't leave all the plants will die.
20th June 2006 05:43 PM
Maxlugar [quote]jb wrote:

I think they have the ability to hit the US....and I am concerned. I am also concerned about Iran and I think China will ultimately nuke us all.

It's OK. They've never attacked us. Leave them alone, I say!
20th June 2006 06:00 PM
Riffhard

Minutes after the brilliance of the Clinton Admin's nuke technology gift was announced! Cheers Kim Jong!

Riffy
20th June 2006 07:03 PM
lotsajizz I'm so ronery

20th June 2006 07:59 PM
rasputin56
quote:

rasputin56 wrote:

You're probably right, er, correct. I look forward to having a beer or twelve with you & Joey & Riffy someday.

Joey wrote:

Come to Joey .....

Joeykins !

Err, uhhh, will there be nuzzlin?
20th June 2006 09:09 PM
stonedinaustralia ROR!!

20th June 2006 11:46 PM
Zulu Fun Mix Stay the Course? What Course?
By Eugene Robinson
The Washington Post

Friday 16 June 2006

Fresh from his triumphal visit to Baghdad - a place so dangerous he
had to sneak in without even telling the Iraqi prime minister - George
W. Bush is full of new resolve to stay the course in his open-ended
"global war on terror." That leaves the rest of us to wonder, in
sadness
and frustration, just what that course might be and where on earth it
can possibly lead.

This is a "war" in which three men held for years without due
process at the Guantanamo Bay prison kill themselves by hanging, and
their jailers are so unnerved and self-absorbed that they see the
suicides as an attack. Rear Adm. Harry Harris's all-about-me lament -
"I
believe this was not an act of desperation but an act of asymmetrical
warfare waged against us" - was worthy of delivery from Oprah's couch.

Bush claimed at his news conference the other day that he'd "like
to
close Guantanamo" if only the people being held there weren't so "darn
dangerous." These bad people, in other words, are forcing him to hold
them indefinitely under conditions that mock international norms. But
if
the inmates are indeed beyond redemption, why order them to be hog-tied
and force-fed when they go on hunger strikes? Why not just let them
starve? Why freak out when three of the evildoers hang themselves? Why
not pass out rope and tell the rest to bring it on?

This is a "war" in which the United States drops two 500-pound
bombs
with the express intent of assassinating Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the
leader of al-Qaeda in Iraq, a group that wouldn't have existed if Bush
hadn't decided to invade. But when the world learns that Zarqawi
briefly
survived the bombing, and rumors circulate that U.S. forces shot him
dead, officials rush to release an autopsy report showing that the
butcher with a $25 million bounty on his head died from blast injuries.
An American medic, we are told, was about to administer first aid when
Zarqawi mumbled something unintelligible and expired.

Why do your best to kill an enemy leader - a bad, bad man, the
worst
of the worst - and then try to revive him? Didn't you want him dead?

In this amorphous, open-ended "war" that we're spending precious
lives and billions of dollars to wage, the rules of engagement seem to
be shoot first and apologize later.

We're sorry if U.S. Marines massacred 24 civilians in Haditha.
We're
even more sorry than we were after U.S. military personnel tortured and
humiliated those prisoners at Abu Ghraib. Bush's stalwart ally, British
Prime Minister Tony Blair, is sorry if London police, conducting an
anti-terrorist raid this month, shot and wounded an innocent man whose
only "crime" was to come downstairs in his underwear to see who was
breaking into his house. But not as sorry as Blair was after the London
subway bombings, when commandos shot dead an innocent Brazilian
electrician whom they mistook for a possible, potential, just-might-be
terrorist.

Nobody's sorry, though, about secret CIA prisons or extralegal
detention or interrogation by brutal "waterboarding" or an Orwellian
blanket of domestic surveillance. After all, we're at "war."

The military announced yesterday that the number of U.S. troops
killed in Iraq has reached 2,500, another of those awful, round-number
milestones. It is widely expected that the new Iraqi government will
consider an amnesty for some of the insurgents who killed some of those
American servicemen and women - drawing a distinction between roadside
bombs placed by Sunni Muslims in "resistance" to the U.S. occupation
and
those placed by foreign al-Qaeda jihadists. If this happens, we'll have
taught the Iraqis well. They'll be saying "pardon me" just like their
American tutors.

Today's generation of jihadists was forged in Afghanistan fighting
the Soviet occupation. How long will the next generation, being forged
in Iraq fighting the American occupation, be with us?

Iraq is just one theater in Bush's "war." Elsewhere, Afghanistan is
once again ablaze as the resurgent Taliban counterattacks. Somalia is
coming under the sway of an Islamic militia that may harbor al-Qaeda
militants. America's popularity in the world continues to fall.

But George W. Bush forges ahead, trying vainly to kill a poisonous,
retrograde ideology with bullets and bombs. His "war" is
self-perpetuating, and no one even knows what victory would look like.
Long after he's gone, we'll still be looking for a way to end the mess
he began.

21st June 2006 07:47 AM
glencar Eugene, his name is Eugene & he's as stupid as ever.
21st June 2006 07:54 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
pdog wrote:

what's that mean? LOL!

Pdog--do yourself a favor and rent "Team America--World Police"....and keep the kids away while viewing!!

21st June 2006 08:11 AM
Maxlugar Not a single battle lost. By huge majorities the all volunteer military believe in what they are doing and want to stay the course. President George W. Bush gets huge ovations at all speeches before military audiences. Yet the Dems and their enablers in the Dirty Liberal Media use each soliders death as proof we should stop what we are doing and attempt to speak for them. This is the most effective major war ever fought with an entire country conquered and occupied with miniscule casualties, comparatively. Millions vote in elections under threat of death, totally contradicting the talking heads in the Dirty Liberal Media that the people of Iraq are too primative to possibly want democracy. The terrorists are loosing and the only thing that keeps them going is the hope we would give up.

And right on cue the Dems propose giving up.
21st June 2006 08:26 AM
glencar
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

Pdog--do yourself a favor and rent "Team America--World Police"....and keep the kids away while viewing!!

That's a very conservative movie. And also one of the funniest things done in quite a long time.
21st June 2006 09:21 AM
rasputin56 Define "victory in Iraq".

Oh and that DLM thing is certainly catching on. Run with that.
21st June 2006 09:34 AM
FPM C10
quote:
glencar wrote:
Eugene, his name is Eugene & he's as stupid as ever.

Brilliant rebuttal of every single point in the article! Occupies the same rarified atmosphere as your brilliant "I don't believe in global warming because Al Gore says he invented the internet" argument.
21st June 2006 09:39 AM
Maxlugar [quote]rasputin56 wrote:
Define "victory in Iraq".

Beating down the enemy to a point at which the new democractic government can do it themselves. Then we leave. What's so complicated about that notion?

21st June 2006 10:05 AM
rasputin56 Obviously it must be a little complicated as it's been three years and they are still unable to take a predominant role in their own future. Wasn't it during the 04 election we were told that there were over 100,000 Iraqi police & troops at the ready? What's the problem here?

Prior to the invasion, wasn't the Iraqi army one of the largest and well trained armies in the Mid East with service compulsory? Yes, it was foolish to immediately disband the army but isn't it logical to assume that these well trained people are still out there? Why aren't they signed up yet to stand up for their own country? I would think having these people in the new Iraqi army/police force would be priority #1. Why do Republicans like to claim they demand personal responsibility from others but are unwilling to have the Iraqis show what they are made of?

As far as "destroying" the "enemy" (Shia? Sunnis? AQ?), the kill 'em all philosphy won't work in the long run. Attitudes and beliefs of what America is need to be changed in that region and unfortunately a gun won't do that.
21st June 2006 10:34 AM
Zulu Fun Mix Here's how much "progress" is being made:

*Washington Post*
U.S. Embassy Memo Outlines Iraqis' Fears
By STEVEN R. HURST
The Associated Press
Tuesday, June 20, 2006; 2:35 PM

BAGHDAD, Iraq -- A recent cable to the State Department from the U.S. embassy in Baghdad outlines a litany of fears and misery among Iraqi employees at the American diplomatic mission that threaten "objectivity, civility, and logic" among workers.

The collection of anecdotes from Iraqi workers in an undisclosed office in the embassy paints an extraordinarily bleak picture of life in the capital, where local employees do not dare reveal where they work, even to family members, for fear of retribution.

"Employees all share a common tale: of nine employees in March, only four had family members who knew they worked at the embassy. Iraqi colleagues who are called after hours often speak in Arabic as an indication they cannot speak openly in English," said the memo.

The author was not known. All cables from U.S. embassies to the State Department are sent under the ambassador's name, but there was no indication that the top U.S. diplomat in Baghdad, Ambassador Zalmay Khalilzad, had written the document.

It was first published Sunday by The Washington Post and apparently arrived in Washington during the early days of June, shortly before President Bush made his surprise visit to the capital.

The report details fears among women who are taunted and threatened if they do not wear clothing of extreme modesty as demanded by some fundamentalist adherents of Islam.

"Two of our three female employees report stepped up harassment beginning in mid-May.

"One, a Shiite who favors Western clothing, was advised by an unknown woman in her Baghdad neighborhood to wear a veil and not to drive her own car," the cable said. "She said some groups are pushing women to cover even their face, a step not taken in Iran even at its most conservative."

The 23-point cable also detailed the hardships of daily life for Iraqi employees at the embassy who must live without electricity to power air conditioners about 16 hours of each day.

Baghdad temperatures have already hit 115 and have routinely been in that range since the early days of the month. Others complained of gasoline shortages, and of the high price of fuel when it can be found on the black market.

Among other problems faced by Iraqis working at the embassy, the cable said:

_"Some of our staff do not take home their American cell phones, as it makes them a target. They use code names for friends and colleagues and contacts entered into Iraq cell phones. For at least six months, we have not been able to use any local staff for translation at on-camera press events.

_"One Shia employee told us in late May that she can no longer watch TV news with her mother, who is Sunni, because her mother blamed all the government failings on the fact that Shia are in charge. Many of the employee's family left Iraq years ago. This month, another sister is departing for Egypt, as she imagines the future here is too bleak.

_"Another employee tells us life outside the Green Zone has become 'emotionally draining.' He claims to attend a funeral 'every evening.' He, like other local employees, is financially responsible for his immediate and extended families. He revealed that 'the burden of responsibility; new stress coming from social circles who increasingly disapprove of the coalition presence, and everyday threats weigh very heavily.'"

Given the increasing difficulties, the writer of the cable concluded:

"Although our staff retain a professional demeanor, strains are apparent. We see their personal fears are reinforcing divisive sectarian or ethnic channels. Employees are apprehensive enough that we fear they may exaggerate developments or steer us toward news that comports with their own world view. Objectivity, civility, and logic that make for a functional workplace may falter if social pressures outside the Green Zone don't abate."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/06/20/AR2006062000789_pf.html
21st June 2006 10:39 AM
Joey

Greatest Foreign Policy Disaster of ALL FRIGGIN TIME !!!

It will Bankrupt us ( U.S. )

|
|
|
V

http://www.publicdebt.treas.gov/opd/opdpenny.htm

21st June 2006 11:11 AM
Some Guy Looks like Joey is bringing his A-game today.
21st June 2006 11:24 AM
FPM C10 He stole that post word for word from Lugar!

Word!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)