ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1981 TFC
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Luxury in Spain! Return to archive
20th June 2006 02:09 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl According to Josemarydavinia at THE message board in Spanish, The stones will be at "El Alhambra Palace" in Granada for the Show in "El Ejido". This is a very exclusive hotel @ 150 km from the venue, the stones will be traveling from the palace to the venue in chopters

See some pictures here (thanks Josemarydavinia, khalil78, Stoning and Exxon Valdés)

http://rocksoff.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=5583

20th June 2006 02:13 PM
Nellcote Do we know if all of the trees on site have been limbed to prevent climbing, as this is crucial for a successful tour?
20th June 2006 02:17 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl LOL, there ARE plam trees there!!

This is Stoning from The Stonings (cover band) there

20th June 2006 02:33 PM
monkey_man Damn that will be fun. I was in Granada in April and had dinner at that hotel. The Alhambra is a beautiful site with some amazing history. Most of the roads leading to the hotel are closed at night after The Alhambra closes. You have to go past a checkpoint on a normal night let alone when the stones are there!!
20th June 2006 02:39 PM
jb We had the pleasure of staying in Madrid, Toledo, and off course Marbella(?), the Spanish riviera. I enjoyed Spain and the boat ride over to Gibraltar and Morroco were equally compelling/interesting.
20th June 2006 02:42 PM
Angiegirl I'm going to Spain for 2 weeks next Thursday.

Ole!!!
20th June 2006 02:45 PM
Joey
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
I'm going to Spain for 2 weeks next Thursday.

Ole!!!

Have a wonderful Vacation Angiegirl .
20th June 2006 02:47 PM
jb I recall staying at a lovely tennnis resort at Costa del sol....I beleive sean Connnery was a guest while we were there. There was a Muslim Temple in the midle of town. The people drove very fast!!!!
20th June 2006 02:48 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
I recall staying at a lovely tennnis resort at Costa del sol....I beleive sean Connnery was a guest while we were there. There was a Muslim Temple in the midle of town. The people drove very fast!!!!

I would like to nuzzle you .
20th June 2006 02:49 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Ole!!!

Don't miss Granada or Cordoba or Barcelona for that matter.
Check out the view from the Stones hotel on the grounds of The Alhambra

20th June 2006 02:49 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Joey wrote:
Have a wonderful Vacation Angiegirl .

Gracias Joey! I will.
20th June 2006 02:51 PM
jb I recall eating "flaan"(?) and having massive cramps/liquid shits...it is very rich and I would advise against it(I beleive it is a type of custard).
20th June 2006 02:51 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
Don't miss Granada or Cordoba or Barcelona for that matter.

I'm staying north, just above Barcelona, so I won't make it south, but I have visited Barcelona many times before as I have been vacationing in Spain (well, Catalunya) for most of my life.

I'd love to visit the southern cities some day.
20th June 2006 02:52 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
jb wrote:
I recall eating "flaan"(?) and having massive cramps/liquid shits...it is very rich and I would advise against it(I beleive it is a type of custard).

Flan. True, it's mostly eggs and sugar, but nice.
20th June 2006 02:54 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Ole!!!

What a funny coincedence. I am going to Spain for 2 weeks as well. But I am not leaving next Thursday. I'm leaving one week later.
20th June 2006 04:51 PM
Gazza
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
According to Josemarydavinia at THE message board in Spanish, The stones will be at "El Alhambra Palace" in Granada for the Show in "El Ejido". This is a very exclusive hotel @ 150 km from the venue, the stones will be traveling from the palace to the venue in chopters

Thats a hotel??? I visited that place a couple of years ago when I was on holiday. Beautiful place indeed and steeped in history, but was unaware there was a hotel there!

The picture in the first photo isnt part of a hotel for sure, bit is definitely part of the palace
[Edited by Gazza]
20th June 2006 04:57 PM
glencar Isn't 150KM about 500 feet? For this they need choppers? Man, they're getting old.
20th June 2006 04:58 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
glencar wrote:
Isn't 150KM about 500 feet? For this they need choppers? Man, they're getting old.

Its about 100 miles
20th June 2006 04:59 PM
glencar Oh! I was thinking meters! I see my mistake. Thanks!
20th June 2006 04:59 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
I recall eating "flaan"(?) and having massive cramps/liquid shits...it is very rich and I would advise against it(I beleive it is a type of custard).

I weep and shit liquid fluently .
20th June 2006 05:01 PM
glencar Flan is like colyte: it's designed to cleanse the system. Lady Di ate it with every meal.
20th June 2006 05:01 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
glencar wrote:
Oh! I was thinking meters! I see my mistake. Thanks!

Lol:
150 kilometer = 492 125.984 251 968 feet
20th June 2006 05:03 PM
glencar I guess I can't expect them to walk that distance!
20th June 2006 05:05 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Thats a hotel??? I visited that place a couple of years ago when I was on holiday. Beautiful place indeed and steeped in history, but was unaware there was a hotel there!

The picture in the first photo isnt part of a hotel for sure, bit is definitely part of the palace
[Edited by Gazza]

The hotel is tucked in the back of the Alhambra away from the palace but not far from it. It doesn't look like much from the outside but it is very nice inside. It also can't have more than about 30-40 rooms to it.

http://www.paradores-spain.com/spain/pgranada.html
20th June 2006 05:07 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
glencar wrote:
I guess I can't expect them to walk that distance!

Maybe they can swing from coconut branch to coconut branch instead!
20th June 2006 05:15 PM
monkey_man Whoops I got confused. . .and didn't read the inital post closely to see which hotel they were staying at. The Alhambra Palace Hotel is a different place, near the Alhambra but not inside the wall the way that the Parador is.
21st June 2006 07:56 AM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
I enjoyed Spain and the boat ride over to Gibraltar and Morroco were equally compelling/interesting.

I did that too a few years ago, when we went to Tangier for the day

When I got home and watched the BBC documentary "the Stones in Morocco", I realised that one of the alleys I was standing in and had a photo taken was, unknown to me at the time, literally right outside the courtyard where the Stones recorded 'Continental Drift'.....
[Edited by Gazza]
21st June 2006 08:08 AM
egon
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

What a funny coincedence. I am going to Spain for 2 weeks as well. But I am not leaving next Thursday. I'm leaving one week later.

Indeed!
I too am not going to spain/barcelona,
nor was i there on the 27th of may.
small world...
21st June 2006 08:12 AM
FotiniD It looks sweet!
Oh, the life of a Rolling Stone...
21st June 2006 08:25 AM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I did that too a few years ago, when we went to Tangier for the day

When I got home and watched the BBC documentary "the Stones in Morocco", I realised that one of the alleys I was standing in and had a photo taken was, unknown to me at the time, literally right outside the courtyard where the Stones recorded 'Continental Drift'.....
[Edited by Gazza]

They did a documentary in Morocco? Sweet!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)