ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1981 TFC
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What time should we get there?! Return to archive
20th June 2006 07:04 AM
FotiniD So I got my tickets, got my reservations and hoping Keith won't climb another tree, Ronnie will make it out of the clinic fine and on time and no other bad unexpected stuff will happen, I'm ready for Milan

So, my question to all you more experienced people is this: given that I have a FOS ticket, and the gates open at 15.30, what time should I be there if I actually want to be at the very first row?! How early is early enough?

See, I've only seen our boys twice so far. First time was home, in Greece and we got a national habit of arriving late or waiting until the very last minute before we do what we're supposed to do So we got there at 5, gates were already open and most people arrived by 8!

Second time was San Siro again but I had prato 2 tickets, so no chance of hitting FOS. We were there about an hour before the gates opened, stood in an endless line of people under a crazily hot sun and did manage to be extremely close to the b-stage (I survived the shock of such close contact with the Stones, unable to say one word after the gig and up to the next morning )

So enough with my chatting.. What time is THE time to be at the very first row? Thanks for any advice
20th June 2006 07:28 AM
glencar In London I got there at about 5 hours ahead of time for a Wembley show & was second row back. In Dublin, 2 hours ahead netted us 2nd row back. Good luck!
20th June 2006 07:56 AM
clubred If I was you (I wish I was cause unfortunatly I would not be in europe this summer and I will miss them again:-( ), I would get there at least 5 hours before the doors open with a lot of drinking water supply, ready to run like hell when they open the doors.

In 1982 in Nice (France), I was there 5 hours before and I was in the really first row, squeezed against the stage:-), in 1995 in Montpellier (France) I was there also 5 or 6 hours before but there was already so many people at 9:00 AM that I just managed to be like 10 meters from the stage, in 1997 in Orlando (Florida), I get there 1 hour before only but I had anyway a ticket for one of the last seats in the back of the stadium...
I wish you a good luck.
20th June 2006 08:02 AM
Honky Tonk Man I'm not too sure what time you should get there really. I've never been to a Stones show where I didn’t have an actual seat. What I WOULD'NT do is get there ridiculously early and have to stand around for hours on end while your back gets sorer and sorer. Even if it would mean you been right up there at the front. The boredom and pain makes it not worthwhile experience in my opinion. I'd get there at a respectable time. As long as you don't get there TOO late, I'm sure you'll have a decent view of the boys.

20th June 2006 08:27 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I would say get there an hour before gates open
20th June 2006 08:39 AM
clubred One hour only ?!
Get there before, believe me.
Anyway, do you have anything more important to do on that day?!
20th June 2006 08:42 AM
FotiniD
quote:
clubred wrote:
One hour only ?!
Get there before, believe me.
Anyway, do you have anything more important to do on that day?!

No, not really, I'm just wondering if my body will be able to take a whole day under the Milan sun and still have enough power left to stay standing up for some three hours, singing and dancing.
20th June 2006 08:44 AM
egon in barcelona i got there 2 hrs before
and got a place in front of the stage.
but that's spain, everybody takes it easy. :-)
holland always minimum 5 hours before, same as france.

20th June 2006 04:01 PM
LSTNT "and still have enough power left to stay standing up for some three hours, singing and dancing./"

Don't worry, they will not even play for 2 hours. I'd get there as early as you can.
20th June 2006 04:12 PM
glencar Wear a hat Fotini & drink lotsa water. You'll be fine. Please dance topless & have pix taken!
20th June 2006 04:15 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
No, not really, I'm just wondering if my body will be able to take a whole day under the Milan sun and still have enough power left to stay standing up for some three hours, singing and dancing.

Sure, I did it tens of times on previous tours. If the weather is really hot, expect the crowds queueing to be less than when weather's bad. South of Europe tends to queue later than north-europe. But no guarantees of course.

One more thing: front row isn't everything: you're queezed in between people, if you leave your spot from the moment you get there, there's a chance it's gone when you return from let's say the bathroom (which you'll have to visit between gates open-time and show start (around 21.00/21.30 or so)! Also, the stage in stadiums is quite high, and the gap btween first row and stage quite big, so you have to tilt your head back all show to see something, and you will have trouble seeing everyone. Really, take it from someone who's watched these shows from every thinkable (public, lol) spot in stadiums, arenas and clubs: at least 10 'rows' back from the front is so much better in every way!

Anyway, enjoy!

And don't trip when running, it's a loooooooooong way to run usually!
20th June 2006 04:38 PM
jb Milan has tickets still available!!!! When will the European opener sell out!!! This is the biggest , most anticipated event ever???(Da Vinci Code competition?)
20th June 2006 04:46 PM
glencar Milano is a bust???
20th June 2006 04:48 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
jb wrote:
Milan has tickets still available!!!! When will the European opener sell out!!! This is the biggest , most anticipated event ever???(Da Vinci Code competition?)

The World Cup, Robbie Williams, Roland garros, Wimbledon, Tour de France and the large annual summer festivals with killer line-ups (Werchter!!) were/are the most anticipated events this summer.

The Stones don't come even close, most people I know are surprised when I say something about a show, because almost everyone either thinks they cancelled the whole tour, or weren't even aware of the fact that they were touring at all.

It's become a small, meaningless, shortened, squeezed-in 'event', and most people already had their summer and vacations planned out.
20th June 2006 04:52 PM
glencar You should be with otehrs & the crowds are nice enough to let you back in line.
20th June 2006 04:53 PM
glencar At the Wembley 99 show, a fellow wearing an orange jacket was leading a girl who looked like she had a bleeding arm towards the front of the stadium. It turned out they were just fans, she was fine & they just wanted to get to the front. Funny as hell & they did it the next night too!
20th June 2006 05:12 PM
Fabio Hot Stuff Hey baby maeby we meet there, probably I will in milano with my stone drummer friend...we should have two tickets on first ring..
Ciao Fabio
21st June 2006 03:46 AM
FotiniD Thanks a lot for all the advice guys and gals!

Angie, you really did change my perspective there... I thought the real FOS was the best deal you could get, but now it seems not so likely I had noticed the striking gap between the stage and the front row but I didn't think you'd have to tilt your head back to see them. What's the use of such a huge gap for crying out loud?! Quite symbolic if you ask me.

So what's my best bet to be as close to Keith as possible? I was thinking of right side of the stage, close to the corridor / bridge.

Glencar, quite an... interesting suggestion! I'll honestly consider it! The hat of course

Fabio, yeah, we may meet there! Ring one, you mean seated or standing?

21st June 2006 04:31 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Thanks a lot for all the advice guys and gals!

Angie, you really did change my perspective there... I thought the real FOS was the best deal you could get, but now it seems not so likely I had noticed the striking gap between the stage and the front row but I didn't think you'd have to tilt your head back to see them. What's the use of such a huge gap for crying out loud?! Quite symbolic if you ask me.

Yeah, well, I meant what I said, but its peanuts really, so dont consider it too much. If youve never been front row, you need to definitively try to get there, really! Theres always that chance of Mick or Keith visiting the front row up close...

Go fot it!
21st June 2006 04:44 AM
Fabio Hot Stuff Fotini, I mean seated...
when I'll have news I tell you
ciao Fabio
21st June 2006 05:35 AM
albert Another advice (from a lot of experience!!):

don't run at all.
Look for a good spot, close to the small field stage, in the back of the FOS area. If possible: complete in the back, against the fence.

When the Stones start playing, all people in front of you will stand up and start closing in to the main stage. This will give you a lot of space to move/dance/ jump, good visual on the stage, you won't be cramped between people, the sound is better than real close to the mainstage and The Stones will be close to you at the small stage.

have fun, and above all: do it your way!!

gr,
Albert
Holland
21st June 2006 05:47 AM
FotiniD
quote:
albert wrote:

When the Stones start playing, all people in front of you will stand up and start closing in to the main stage. This will give you a lot of space to move/dance/ jump, good visual on the stage, you won't be cramped between people, the sound is better than real close to the mainstage and The Stones will be close to you at the small stage.

Hi Albert, thanks a lot!

I was very very close to the b-stage the last time they played San Siro, but I've never actually been at the front row, that's why I'd like to try that. Also, the b-stage is fantastic, but you only get to see the Stones up close for three songs and then it's over for the rest of the gig - and I really need to feel I'm seeing the band close otherwise I can't enjoy the gig very much... I guess I want it all my way but this is taking a lot of stress and struggling to organize and plan so I really want it to be the best it can be!

We shall have to wait and see
21st June 2006 07:18 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
We shall have to wait and see

Nope, you'll get there; simply go through the trouble, exhaustion, dehydration and musle aches! LOL!

You'll have a great time Fotini, be it front 'row', 5th 'row', or 13th 'row'.
21st June 2006 07:20 AM
LadyJane General admission?!!

Oh those days are long gone for me....fighting to be in the front.

BUT I've done it and it's worth it.

Your Stones Karma has been great thus far, Fotini. I expect to see you sitting on Keith's amp.

LJ.
21st June 2006 07:33 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I expect to see you sitting on Keith's amp.

Lol, in that case, I expect a picture
21st June 2006 07:43 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Lol, in that case, I expect a picture

Haha, well Angie, there won't be plenty of time for pictures in the 5 seconds before the security pulls me down

Thanks a lot LJ, you're making me feel a whole lot better! Look for a PM in the next few minutes
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)