ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1981 TFC
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Happy Beerday Lotsajizz Return to archive Page: 1 2
19th June 2006 10:58 AM
egon Let's drink!
19th June 2006 11:00 AM
Gazza Slainte, Sean - have a great birthday
19th June 2006 11:07 AM
jb Happy birthday to a fellow "cane" and barrister.
19th June 2006 11:26 AM
MrPleasant Happy dildos!
19th June 2006 11:49 AM
Nellcote Happy Happy.
Go to Onleyville and have a party at NY System!

The Olneyville N.Y. System Restaurant has been serving customers their Hot Weiners since 1946. Now you can make their famous weiner sauce at home. Get your favorite hot dog and top it with mustard, this sauce, chopped onions and celery salt. Enjoy. There's nothing else like it anywhere.
19th June 2006 11:56 AM
FPM C10

And one for good luck!

Lotsajizz (June 19, 1897 – ), born Harry Moses Horwitz in Bensonhurst, New York, a small Jewish community on the outskirts of Brooklyn, the fourth of five children, was the "leader" of the Three Stooges. His distinctive coiffure came about when he was a boy and cut off his curls with a scissors, producing a ragged shape approximating a helmet.

Although his parents were not involved in show business, Jizzy, his older brother Starbuck, (who earned the nickname "Shemp" because of his mother's thick-accented mispronunciation of "Starbucky") and younger brother JB (Curly) all became world famous as part of the Three Stooges.

In school, Lotsa originally did quite well, aided by a prolific memory, able to quickly memorize anything. In later years, this helped him in his acting career, making memorizing his lines quick and easy. Jizzy loved reading, as his older brother Jack commented "I had many Horatio Alger books and it was little Jizzy's greatest pleasure to read them. They started his imaginative mind working and gave him ideas by the dozen. I think they were instrumental in putting thoughts into his head to become a person of good character and to become successful."

Lotsajizz's largest problem, in his early years, was undoubtedly his hair. Although his "bowl-cut" hair cut is now world famous, as a child his mother refused to cut his beautiful hair, letting it grow to shoulder length. One day, he could not take his classmates' teasing any longer. Jizzy snuck off to a shed in their backyard, and with the help of a friend and a mixing bowl, cut his hair. The hair style stayed with him for the rest of his life.

However, the allure of the stage started calling him, and the more he followed it, the worse he began doing in school. He began playing hooky from school in order to attend theater shows. Jizzy said, "I used to stand outside the theater knowing the truant officer was looking for me. I would stand there 'til someone came along and then ask them to buy my ticket. It was necessary for an adult to accompany a juvenile into the theatre. When I succeeded I'd give him my ten cents-that's all it cost-and I'd go up to the top of the balcony where I'd put my chin on the rail and watch, spellbound, from the first act to the last. I would usually select the actor I liked the most and follow his performance throughout the play"

Despite his decreasing attendance, Jizzy graduated from P.S. 163 in Brooklyn, but dropped out of Erasmus High School after only two months, the end of his formal education. To please his parents, he took a class in electric shop, but dropped out after a few months to pursue a career in show business.

He began by running errands for no fee at the Vitagraph Studios in Midwood, Brooklyn (currently the home of the CBS Soap, "As the World Turns"), where he was rewarded with bit parts in movies being made there. Unfortunately, a fire at the studios in 1910 destroyed copies of most of Moe's work done there. In 1909, he met a young man named Telecaster, who would later become a major millstone in his life. For the time, though, Jizzy and Telly became good friends. In 1912, they both held a summer job working in Annette Kellerman's aquatic act as diving "girls."

Lotsajizz continued his attempts at gaining show business experience, by singing in a bar with his older brother Starbuck (until their father put a stop to it), and in 1914 joining a performing troupe on a showboat for the next two summers. In 1922, he joined Telecaster in a vaudeville routine, Telecaster and his Racketeers - the group later changed its name to Telecaster and his Stooges.

On June 7, 1925, Lotsajizz married Helen Schonberger, a cousin of magician Harry Houdini, and truly lived happily ever after until his dying day. The next year, Helen pressured Jizzy to leave the stage, as she was pregnant and wanted Jizz nearer to home. Lotsajizz attempted to earn a living in a succession of "normal" jobs, none of which were successful. He returned to working with Telecaster afterwards.

By 1930, Telecaster and his Stooges were on the verge of "the big time," and made their first movie, Soup to Nuts - featuring Telecaster, and his four stooges -Lotsajizz, Maxlugar, Starbuck, and SIA - for MGM. Starbuck had not seen eye-to-eye with Telly, and left the group shortly after filming, in order to pursue an individual film career. Lotsajizz brought in his baby brother, JB ("Joshy" to his friends) as a replacement - after Telecaster had him shave off his mustache and hair, he took the stage name of "Curly." After a number of appearances in MGM films with Telly, in 1934, Telecaster and his Stooges separated, with Telly sinking into alcoholism, and The Three Stooges (SIA having previously left) began making short films at the Columbia film studio, where they stayed until 1957, making 190 films.

With Telly's departure, Lotsajizz's character assumed Telly's previous role of the obnoxious, loudmouthed leader of the Three Stooges, short tempered and prone to slapstick violence against the other two stooges. In many ways, this was the antithesis of Lotsajizz's true self; he was quiet, loving, and generous to his friends and family. In fact, he was one of those men who had problems showing affection — instead, he would shower his loved ones with gifts, increasing in quantity and expensiveness over time as his fortunes improved. He was also foresighted, and invested the money made from his film career very wisely, allowing him to retire in luxury. He also, trying to ensure a similar future for his high-spending fellow Stooges (JB would go nightclubbing and Maxy was an avid drinker), got them to agree to allow him to take a portion of their salaries to invest for their old age.

In 1934, they released their first Three Stooges short subject for Columbia, Woman Haters, where their characters where not quite finalized. This was changed by their next film, Punch Drunks, the only short film that was written entirely by the Three Stooges. Their next short, Men in Black, was their first and only film to be nominated for an Academy Award (with the classic catchphrase, "Calling Dr. Jizz, Dr. Lugar, Dr. Lawyer"). They continued making short films at a record pace, such as Three Little Pigskins (with a very young Gypsy), Pop Goes the Easel, Hoi Polloi (where two professors try to solve a bet by turning the Three Stooges into gentlemen), and many others.

In the 1940s, the Three Stooges become slightly political, making several anti-Nazi movies, including You Nazty Spy (1940), (Jizzy's favorite Three Stooges film), I'll Never Heil Again (1941), and They Stooge to Conga (1943). Maxlugar's dead-on impression of Adolf Hitler augmented these shorts. Though unusual in their political commentary, these shorts were often hilarious as well.

By the end of World War II, Jizzy's brother JB (Joshy) had been diagnosed as having extreme flank pain, an ingrown penis and chilblains. Although Jizzy made certain that his baby brother received the best medical care, he had him replaced in the Three Stooges by Starbuck, who returned to the group until JB was well enough to rejoin the Stooges. Although he had recovered enough to appear in Hold That Lion (1947) in a cameo appearance (the only Three Stooges film to contain all four Stooges: Jizzy, Maxy, Joshy, and Starbuck), he suffered a series of hemmoroids, leading to his retirement to Del Boca Vista in 1952.

Existing footage enabled the Stooges to complete the films that they had been working on until Jizzy hired Fiji Joe, who worked with Jizzy and Maxy making shorts until 1959. The making of shorts had come to an end, but with Columbia's sale of the library of short films to television, the Three Stooges quickly gained a new audience of young fans, prompting Columbia to star them in several feature-length movies - Have Rocket, Will Travel (1959), Snow White and the Three Stooges (1961), The Three Stooges Meet Hercules (1962), The Three Stooges in Orbit (1962), The Three Stooges Go Around the World in a Daze (1963), and The Outlaws Is Coming (1965). By this time, F*ckin'Andrew(dubbed "Li'l Fiji", because of his resemblance to former stooge Fiji Joe) had stepped into the "third stooge" role, as Fiji Joe had bowed out.

Jizzy, Maxy and Li'l Fiji continued to make live appearances, many notable "guest appearances", notably in It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World (1963) — as firemen! — and 4 for Texas (1963). The boys tried their hand at a children's cartoon show entitled The New 3 Stooges, with the cartoons sandwiched between live action segments of the boys. However, by 1965, it was clear that the trio were not immune to age. They were simply getting too old to do slapstick comedy.

Jizzy's professional life slowed down dramatically, although he still did minor roles and walk-on bits [Don't Worry, We'll Think of a Title (1966), Dr. Death: Seeker of Souls (1973)], television appearances ("Here's Hollywood", "Toast of the Town", "Masquerade Party", and several appearances on "The Mike Douglas Show"). There was also the Stooges final film, Kook's Tour (1970), which was essentially an early "reality TV" show of Lotsajizz, Maxy and Li'l Fiji, out of character, touring the country on a drinking binge and interacting with hookers.

The Stooges finally broke up for good in the mid 1990s and each of the members settled down to a life of griping about various topics on Rolling Stones message boards.

Happy Birthday Jizzy!
19th June 2006 12:05 PM
Joey

Happy Happy Birthday Jizzy !
19th June 2006 12:11 PM
sirmoonie Slainte!
19th June 2006 12:17 PM
PartyDoll MEG Have a fun Birthday!!!
19th June 2006 04:05 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Happy beer-day dude! I appreciate a lot your presence here and your links at the official website, that's cool

Happy Birthday once more, many more and better each time
19th June 2006 04:42 PM
Saint Sway HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROCKS OFF MEMBER!!!
19th June 2006 04:51 PM
monkey_man Happy B-Day Jizzy! Cheers to many more!
19th June 2006 05:03 PM
Tom Happy birthday Lotsajizz
19th June 2006 05:03 PM
chevysales how does everyone know who's birthday is what day?

where is this shown on rocks off?
19th June 2006 05:05 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
chevysales wrote:
how does everyone know who's birthday is what day?

info was in the pamphlets distributed at Voodoo's press conference

good times!
19th June 2006 05:07 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

info was in the pamphlets distributed at Voodoo's press conference

http://rocksoff.org/birthdays.htm

That link is on top of this message board, and yes we distributed this and the Spanish Forum ( http://rocksoff.org/foro )
19th June 2006 06:00 PM
J.J.Flash Feliz Aniversario Jizzy! I always have an eye on your stuff, good posting most of the times, knowledgeable indeed. Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to meet you in Brazil, but I hope there will be more occasions.
19th June 2006 06:05 PM
telecaster Have a great Birthday Jizzy

I am sure you will be hoisting one somewhere

Enjoy
19th June 2006 06:06 PM
moy happy birthday
19th June 2006 06:12 PM
Back Street Girl Happy Birthday Jizzy
19th June 2006 06:32 PM
Honky Tonk Man Happy Birthday
19th June 2006 07:14 PM
Riffhard Happy Burffday Jizzy! Tonight the Guinness will be hoisted in your honor. Really. It's true!

Riffy
19th June 2006 07:17 PM
lotsajizz Thank you people, very much. With Father's Day yesterday and the b-day today, and the solstace coming up, I am enjoying a pagan-style, multi-day festival....so, yes, I will hoist a few more...and smoke a few more. And I especially appreciate the greetings from riffy and telecaster with whom I am positive all political differences would melt away under the counterweight of Exile at proper volume, a vaporizer, and a few Grey Goose martinis (extra dry, with a twist--make eye contact when you say 'extra dry' and they WILL understand). Hey, Starbuck, how about an Atlanta Braves thread? Nelly, no N.Y. System today, but I did do clam cakes and chowder--and a scallop roll!!

And Joey, NEW Who!!! Frig yeah!!
and FPM has a future in literature....

I like this place....

Cazart!
[Edited by lotsajizz]
19th June 2006 07:27 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Happy Birthday Jiz, I'd hoist one to you but I'm done hoisted out after yesterday, LOL. AT any rate hope you're having a good one.
19th June 2006 07:29 PM
chevysales
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

http://rocksoff.org/birthdays.htm

That link is on top of this message board, and yes we distributed this and the Spanish Forum ( http://rocksoff.org/foro )

thanx
19th June 2006 07:41 PM
stonedinaustralia all the best jizzy

Cazart!!

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
19th June 2006 07:50 PM
LadyJane Happy Birthday!!

LJ.

19th June 2006 08:04 PM
Dead_Flowers Have a good one!

19th June 2006 11:59 PM
Soldatti Happy Birthday!
20th June 2006 03:42 AM
FotiniD Happy belated birthday Lotsajizz!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)