ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1981 TFC
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Forbes names Stones BIGGEST MUSICAL ACT IN THE WORLD Return to archive
16th June 2006 09:51 PM
Poison Dart Yeah,I know Tom Cruise is #1 overall (bullshit IMHO) but the Stones take the #1 spot (#2 overall)on Forbes Magazine as the biggest musical act in the world.

Here is (according to Forbes) the biggest musical acts in the world in 2006. Based on ticket sales,album sales money made and media attention.

1/ THE ROLLING STONES (take that haters)
2/ U2
3/ 50 Cent
4/ Bruce Springsteen
5/ Paul McCartney
6/ Elton John
7/ Celine Dion
8/ The Eagles
9/ Rod Stewart
10/Jessica Simpson

With all the negativity that goes on around (you know who you are)here I thought this was a way of setting some things straight about the Stones current position on the musical lanscape. As well as valadating their still huge influence on the modern musical scene.

Let's not forget
1/ The Stones had a global #1 album (3 weeks at #1) with A Bigger Bang

2/ Hit #1 on the Euro chart

3/ Hit #1 in many indivual countries around the world with the same album. #3 in US #2 in England.

4/ Had the most biggest most successful tour in the history of music. That same tour still has a long way to go.

5/ Played to nearly 2 million people in one night in Rio

6/ Played to an audience of 1 billion people at the Superbowl

7/ Made headlines in every city they played (they are the definition of star power)Plus,the cover of every magazine,talk show etc,etc.

8/ Have sold about 2.5 copies of ABB to this point (will end up over 3 million in time) despite weak US sales. Don't forget this is the age of the download not cd sales. Even the hottest acts on the charts have a hard time selling cd's in the same numbers they were sold 15 years ago.

9/ Amazingly they are clearly the most visable band in the world in the year 2006. Nearly 50 years after the started.

10/ These guys are pushing 70 years old.

11/ IT'S THE YEARS 2006 AND IT COULD BE ARGUED THE ROLLING STONES ARE STILL THE BIGGEST AND GREATEST ROCK AND ROLL BAND IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! According to Forbes they are still THE GREATEST ROCK AND ROLL BAND IN THE WORLD.

Enjoy thses guys (and give thhem credit) while we still can.

PS: Imo the Stones are going to go until they drop. We will be having this conversation (God willing) in 2015.
16th June 2006 10:05 PM
Soldatti You can add the current Top 20 position of Forty Licks in the UK charts...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/albums.shtml

...or the three Stones albums on this week's French charts
http://www.ifop.com/europe/sondages/topalb/alb0623.stm
16th June 2006 10:08 PM
glencar The USA is trailing in all categories. Embarrassing!
16th June 2006 10:24 PM
PeerQueer An amazing year for an amazing band.

While U.S. album sales have diminished, they remain the single most dominant touring machine, and continue to dominate many world markets as well.

The Stones have never been an American band - they are the WORLD'S Greatest Rock n Roll band!

All haters continue to simply look silly and petty...
17th June 2006 03:37 PM
Poison Dart Still the greatest rock and roll band in THE WORLD.
17th June 2006 05:07 PM
Jumping Jack U2 has been humiliated!!!
17th June 2006 05:17 PM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
U2 has been humiliated!!!

Where is THE WHO on the list ?!
17th June 2006 05:58 PM
Gimme Shelter They will be on there next year.
17th June 2006 06:53 PM
Joey
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
They will be on there next year.

I would like to nuzzle you
19th June 2006 10:53 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
The USA is trailing in all categories. Embarrassing!

Word...........never heard of Euro chart until the embarrassing sales of ABB here in USA....this album has had more hype than any other, promoted with great reviews, a great tour, and Super-Bowl/Copa appearence, and still only around 521k here in the US..a dismal failure by any standard. In addition, thanks to higher prices(which we hope will hit $1500 for mini tour) we were able to overcome the enormous and undeniable success of the venemous Bono and U2, who sold out every show many times over...yes, the Stones are the greatest, but the album sucked, the sales were flat(2.5mil) worldwide is not that good, and we had rto work hard to fill many venues...
19th June 2006 11:03 AM
Gazza how can you sell out 'every show many times over' ?

are people actually that fuck-witted that they'll spend hundreds of dollars on tickets that arent available because the show is already sold out?
19th June 2006 11:06 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
how can you sell out 'every show many times over' ?

are people actually that fuck-witted that they'll spend hundreds of dollars on tickets that arent available because the show is already sold out?

You know!!!!!!!!! 2-3 shows in same venue..like U2's 300k plus in Ireland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
19th June 2006 11:06 AM
egon the only reason they are number one, is because we ("the fans")
are stupid enough to pay redicilous prices for tickets.

I don't know if that's something to be proud of.
19th June 2006 11:07 AM
jb
quote:
egon wrote:
the only reason they are number one, is because we ("the fans")
are stupid enough to pay redicilous prices for tickets.

I don't know if that's something to be proud of.

It is my Dutch friend, it is!!! Holland 1 will have around 41, 090?
19th June 2006 11:36 AM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

You know!!!!!!!!! 2-3 shows in same venue..like U2's 300k plus in Ireland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm being a pedantic bastard, but its not the same thing - thats "selling out the same venue many times over", not "selling out every show many times over"...LOL

19th June 2006 11:47 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I'm being a pedantic bastard, but its not the same thing - thats "selling out the same venue many times over", not "selling out every show many times over"...LOL

I may call you from time to time!!!!
20th June 2006 02:22 AM
corgi37 America MUST be written off as a Stones venture from now on. I think they should just release re-packaged 40 Licks over there, tour, and do maybe 1/2 time at basketball games or something. And release new material to parts of the world that give a shit.

I blame ABB U.S. failure on the parents for failing to bring their children up right.

The ranking is also based on media reports. So, the boys should thank Mr. Richards for his "fall from grace".

Oh, and hey, i wonder if Bill's many stupid U.K. articles count?
20th June 2006 09:32 AM
rasputin56 Won't it be fun when Streisand tops this list next year?
20th June 2006 09:45 AM
Martha I heard this on the local Colorado evening news.

Those fake lookin' news anchors acted like they barely KNEW who the Stones are....I wanted to call them up and tell them they are mindless plastic-lookin' punks......I didn't. :-(

KUDOS for The Stones!

Screw you Colorado news anchor idiots!

Indeed!

G,

I LOVE your new photo...I have a postcard of that shot.

xoo,
MM
20th June 2006 10:00 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Joey wrote:

Where is THE WHO on the list ?!

CONCERTS AT LEEDS INDEED
20th June 2006 10:33 AM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

CONCERTS AT LEEDS INDEED

www.PeteTownshend.com

www.RollingStone.com

20th June 2006 10:50 AM
Saint Sway I like that the Stones were #1. They should be #1 on every poll.

but this list is ghey:

2/ U2
3/ 50 Cent
4/ Bruce Springsteen
5/ Paul McCartney
6/ Elton John
7/ Celine Dion
8/ The Eagles
9/ Rod Stewart
10/Jessica Simpson

who the fuck wants to be associated in any sort of way with this kind of company???????

that list should be called the ten lamest elevator acts of all-time

20th June 2006 10:51 AM
caro Our victory will be complete the day "Cigar smokers magazine" elects them best band in the world!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)