ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1981 TFC
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Warm Up Acts for Stones in Europe Return to archive Page: 1 2
16th June 2006 02:55 PM
UGot2Rollme info from rs.com...
besides Starsailor, Toots, Charlatans and Simple Minds, I haven't heard of any of these...have you? wonder if this is an effort by local promoters to save some bucks? Or is it Cohl's decision? or am I just too old and these bands are worth getting to know?

July 11, 2006 Milan San Siro> Feeder
July 14, 2006 Vienna Ernst Happel Stadion> TBA
July 16, 2006 Munich Olympiastadion> Starsailor
July 19, 2006 Hannover AWD Arena >Starsailor
July 21, 2006 Berlin Olympiastadion >Feeder
July 23, 2006 Koln Rhein Energie Stadion> Razorlight
July 28, 2006 Paris Stade de France >Razorlight
July 31, 2006 Amsterdam Amsterdam ArenA> Toots And The Maytals
August 03, 2006 Stuttgart Gottlieb-Daimler Stadion> Simple Minds
August 05, 2006 Zurich Airfield Dubendorf> Kasabian
August 08, 2006 Nice Palais Nikaia >Kasabian
August 12, 2006 Porto Estadio do Dragao TBA
August 14, 2006 Valladolid Estadio Zorrilla TBA
August 16, 2006 El Ejido Estadio Santo Domingo TBA
August 20, 2006 London Twickenham Stadium >Feeder
August 22, 2006 London Twickenham Stadium #2> The Charlatans
August 25, 2006 Glasgow Hampden Park >The Charlatans
August 27, 2006 Sheffield Don Valley Stadium TBA
August 29, 2006 Cardiff Millenium Stadium >Kooks
September 01, 2006 Bergen Koengen Bergen TBA
September 03, 2006 Horsens Forum Horsens Outdoor TBA
16th June 2006 02:56 PM
jb I have been out of it for a while..have any of these shows sold well?
16th June 2006 03:00 PM
glencar twix sold out 2x...
16th June 2006 03:01 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
twix sold out 2x...

Milan?
16th June 2006 03:04 PM
Gazza HORSENS sold out I think. Over 80,000
16th June 2006 03:05 PM
glencar they need arenas, those euros...
16th June 2006 03:05 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
HORSENS sold out I think. Over 80,000

Holland had 2, now only 1...still undersold? What about Milan!!!!! And Germany?
16th June 2006 03:07 PM
glencar germans are waiting for tix prices to go down?
16th June 2006 03:11 PM
jb YOu would think with the tour in jeopardy, these mere 21 dates would have sold out quickly???
16th June 2006 03:14 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:
YOu would think with the tour in jeopardy, these mere 21 dates would have sold out quickly???

Or after watching a lot of Euro fans taking a royal screwing, people are holding off on buying tix and making travel plans?
16th June 2006 03:21 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
YOu would think with the tour in jeopardy, these mere 21 dates would have sold out quickly???

Yeah its really so easy and inexpensive for thousands of people to suddenly get flights and hotels for shows rearranged at a few weeks notice which are hundreds of miles away at the peak time of the holiday season

and the tour's in jeopardy? since when?
[Edited by Gazza]
16th June 2006 03:38 PM
Joey

What about the opening acts for this Fall's Rolling Stones two hundred and ten date " Mini - Tour " of the United States ?!?!

Well ...................... ?!?!

We are waiting ..... !!!!!!

J . " Snuggle to the Joe " Fly !
16th June 2006 03:52 PM
Saint Sway I've always wanted to start a band named "TBA"
16th June 2006 03:53 PM
jb What about that Irish Band with the hot chicks?
16th June 2006 03:55 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
What about that Irish Band with the hot chicks?

Corrs

Caliente!
16th June 2006 03:55 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
What about that Irish Band with the hot chicks?

" U2 ?!?! "

16th June 2006 03:56 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

" U2 ?!?! "

nO!!!!!!!!! tHEY PLAY VIOLINS!!!
16th June 2006 04:09 PM
Dan
quote:
Joey wrote:

What about the opening acts for this Fall's Rolling Stones two hundred and ten date " Mini - Tour " of the United States ?!?!

Well ...................... ?!?!

We are waiting ..... !!!!!!

J . " Snuggle to the Joe " Fly !

Its going to be The Who, Metallica, Aerosmith, Motley Crue and The Black Crowes and tickets will be $500-1000 with about a hundred affordably priced $200 tickets.
16th June 2006 04:25 PM
UGot2Rollme The Stones in EU have been supported by BIG name acts in the past, as recently as last tour *AC/DC.. what gives with this relatively shitty list of unknowns?

PLEASE people, respond to my questions about the EU TOUR, which might be the last if Keith continues to fall from Higher ground and can't sing "Coming Down Again."

and, one more thang...
Thank God for the Rolling (fuckin) Stones!
16th June 2006 05:06 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
UGot2Rollme wrote:
The Stones in EU have been supported by BIG name acts in the past, as recently as last tour *AC/DC.. what gives with this relatively shitty list of unknowns?

Let's get one thing straight first: just because YOU apparantly are so out of tune with modern (European) rock so that you don't know these names, doesn't make them unknown . I applaud the newer bands, a chance for me to see some bands live as well.

Except that of course Holland gets the greatest boring crap of all -AGAIN- (Toots, exactly the same thing as all shows last tour, who thinks these things out I wonder, GEEZ).

Feeder isn't too new (exist for 14 years)... Kasabian has had great succes in Europe already, playing the large festivals. Kooks is a new band, sounds very promising from what I've heard so far. Razorlight were on Live 8 last year, I really liked them.

Sooo, conclusion: you must be old .

Anywayz, well-known names aren't a guarantee for a good opener. I saw (America's precious?) Dave Matthews Band in 1998, and Robert Cray in 1995, and they were even more boring than Toots, if at all possible. I agree that AC/DC last tour were amazingly fun though.
16th June 2006 05:08 PM
glencar
quote:
Dan wrote:

Its going to be The Who, Metallica, Aerosmith, Motley Crue and The Black Crowes and tickets will be $500-1000 with about a hundred affordably priced $200 tickets.

Please, no Crowes!
16th June 2006 05:21 PM
UGot2Rollme
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
"
Let's get one thing straight first: just because YOU apparantly are so out of tune with modern (European) rock so that you don't know these names, doesn't make them unknown . I applaud the newer bands, a chance for me to see some bands live as well

>GO FOR IT ANGIE GIRL, I want you to be SATISFIED!>

Except that of course Holland gets the greatest boring crap of all -AGAIN- (Toots, exactly the same thing as all shows last tour, who thinks these things out I wonder, GEEZ).

Feeder isn't too new (exist for 14 years)... Kasabian has had great succes in Europe already, playing the large festivals. Kooks is a new band, sounds very promising from what I've heard so far. Razorlight were on Live 8 last year, I really liked them.

Sooo, conclusion: you must be old . sob... tears..but no regrets..

Anywayz, well-known names aren't a guarantee for a good opener. I saw (America's precious?) Dave Matthews Band in 1998, and Robert Cray in 1995, and they were even more boring than Toots, if at all possible. I agree that AC/DC last tour were amazingly fun though.

"

Angie, you must have caught Mr. Cray on a Very Bad night, because, quite frankly, He would BLOW anyone off stage that would (include Mr. Toots) for those who have a (relatively sober) discerning ear. Just ask anyone who really knows the blues, girlfriend...

So..Angie, most precious one of the Amsterdammed set,I hope you enjoy your Starsailor.....what the fuck>

please let us all know NOW what song is worthy of hearing again from that band (or any other that you deem righteous.. to warm up for the World's Greatest..)

God Bless You.
16th June 2006 05:47 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Kook's Pritchard told the NME: “This is schoolboy stuff. Playing with the coolest band to walk the earth is pretty fine, man.”

16th June 2006 06:00 PM
oldkr some great guitar based bands there-- starsailor are shit, but the rest are pretty rockin

OLDKR

16th June 2006 06:02 PM
UGot2Rollme STAR SAILOR...
(Angie one hundred percent SATISFIED..)

Other bands....
(Total TURDS) .... Angie disagrees!
16th June 2006 06:11 PM
Angiegirl I dunno, I already saw Starsailor open in Amsterdam in 2003, they're not a stadium band is all I can say, I have a very personal dislike for them.

Processed Beats by Kasabian has been a huge hit, at least over here, just as LSF, maybe you'll recognize them when you hear them . I like Cut Off and U Boat as well, all from the album 'Kasabian'. They remind me so much of Kula Shaker, which was one of my favorite bands in the 90s. Very crossover.

The Kooks are too new to me to know more than I've heard on the alternative rock station I listen to (the single You don't love Me. From what I've heard, very much British, poppy, and Beatles influenced, especially the song Oh La.

Feeder, they have also already opened for the Stones in 2003, like Starsailor. I had to look up the details, but their drummer committed suicide in 2002, and I'm glad they continued as a band after that. Although their show didn't impress me much, but again, large stadium. Morning Life's a good song, but they've gone very soft after that suicide in the band. The slightly older Choke's ok, Oxygen, Echo Park is a good album (the only one I have).

Razorlight has only one album so far if I'm correct. I wouldn't buy it, because it's not really my taste, but songs like Rip it up are nice.

Robert Cray only said "Let's go like this" and then he played a very uninspired set, 3 nights in a row, opening for 3 of the Dutch Stones shows in '95. It was hell, people made fun of it, he played exactly the same songs in the same order, without connecting one bit to the audience for 3 nights. Ugh.

I forgot to mention: Stereophonics were very good last tour in Paris btw.

I'm very sorry I won't get to see any of the other bands who were supposed to open this tour, like Kaiser Chiefs. But, I already saw them last year on the wonderful Lowlands festival.

16th June 2006 06:13 PM
Dan
quote:
Robert Cray only said "Let's go like this" and then he played a very uninspired set, 3 nights in a row, opening for 3 of the Dutch Stones shows in '95. It was hell, people made fun of it, he played exactly the same songs in the same order, without connecting one bit to the audience for 3 nights. Ugh.

Everything I have heard by him has bored me. It sounds like blues as a musical technique as opposed to blues as a feeling or an attitude.
16th June 2006 06:15 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
UGot2Rollme wrote:
STAR SAILOR...
(Angie one hundred percent SATISFIED..)

Other bands....
(Total TURDS) .... Angie disagrees!

Listen buddy, I don't know why you're behaving like a dick (yes, I'm very sorry, but that's what you seem like to me at the moment) here while I simply answered your questions (with some extremely obvious irony), and I certainly don't get why you're hammering on about Starsailor, who I never even mentioned, and who're not even playing Amsterdam??? Whatever, I totally don't get your attitude, but hey, if it made you feel better, go right ahead!
16th June 2006 06:20 PM
Gazza
quote:
UGot2Rollme wrote:
The Stones in EU have been supported by BIG name acts in the past, as recently as last tour *AC/DC.. what gives with this relatively shitty list of unknowns?

for "supported" by AC DC, read "helped out due to slow ticket sales". They only did a couple of field shows with the Stones as an additional opening act - they werent there for much of the tour.

These bands are not unknowns by any stretch of the imagination, even to an old fart like me who isnt that much interested in that kind of music. Those type of bands have been the trend on most recent tours

And some of them opened for the Stones in 2003 as well.
16th June 2006 06:32 PM
UGot2Rollme
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
I dunno, I already saw Starsailor open in Amsterdam in 2003, they're not a stadium band is all I can say, I have a very personal dislike for them.

Processed Beats by Kasabian has been a huge hit, at least over here, just as LSF, maybe you'll recognize them when you hear them . I like Cut Off and U Boat as well, all from the album 'Kasabian'. They remind me so much of Kula Shaker, which was one of my favorite bands in the 90s. Very crossover.

The Kooks are too new to me to know more than I've heard on the alternative rock station I listen to (the single You don't love Me. From what I've heard, very much British, poppy, and Beatles influenced, especially the song Oh La.

Feeder, they have also already opened for the Stones in 2003, like Starsailor. I had to look up the details, but their drummer committed suicide in 2002, and I'm glad they continued as a band after that. Although their show didn't impress me much, but again, large stadium. Morning Life's a good song, but they've gone very soft after that suicide in the band. The slightly older Choke's ok, Oxygen, Echo Park is a good album (the only one I have).

Razorlight has only one album so far if I'm correct. I wouldn't buy it, because it's not really my taste, but songs like Rip it up are nice.

I forgot to mention: Stereophonics were very good last tour in Paris btw.

I'm very sorry I won't get to see any of the other bands who were supposed to open this tour, like Kaiser Chiefs. But, I already saw them last year on the wonderful Lowlands festival.

Dear Angie,
I appreciate your candid remarks about Mr. Cray and I, must admit, based on your expert analysis ...I am getting a little crush (do you know what that means?) on you...

But anyway, do you want to further please me... by describing, .... Kasbian, because, so far, they sound like a Horrific Irani terrorist N/bombexperience (even with ear plugs..)

XXOO (In the spirit of Look what the Cat dragged In..)..
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)