ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1981 TFC
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Redigging on A Bigger Bang Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
14th June 2006 05:16 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Ronnie Richards wrote:
The Stones haven't released a great album since Tattoo You.

shock and awe postin right there.
14th June 2006 07:50 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Ronnie Richards wrote:
The Stones haven't released a great album since Tattoo You.

I change the word "great" for "classic". VL and ABB are great albums.
14th June 2006 08:10 PM
glencar
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:

No way. Voodoo Lounge is real weak.

Totally.
14th June 2006 08:23 PM
Some Guy ONNYA is a really Stonesy song I don't understand why it doesn't get more props, live in Atl. it rocked!
14th June 2006 08:35 PM
glencar You were at the ATL show last fall?
14th June 2006 08:40 PM
Some Guy
quote:
glencar wrote:
You were at the ATL show last fall?

all up in it!
14th June 2006 08:48 PM
glencar Were you at the shidobeeeeeeeeee party at jox & jills?
14th June 2006 08:57 PM
Some Guy
quote:
glencar wrote:
Were you at the shidobeeeeeeeeee party at jox & jills?

yes for a couple of hours it was freezing out there. I went without a ticket just expected to hang out and maybe buy a shirt. As I was preparing to leave a young lady came up to me and offered me a ticket to sit with her and her friends, I bought it, we all hung out inside the restaurant until showtime. great seats great time! Stones were smoking!!
14th June 2006 11:40 PM
time is on my side ABB= Stones best album since Tattoo You
18th June 2006 11:33 PM
IanBillen
An interesting note:

My friend just brought up an excellent word to describe how A Bigger Bang sounds. He explains it sounds "mechanical". He also says it sounds "compressed" so it can be played louder.

I totally agree. It has a very "mechanical" sound to it. And yes, it is compressed.

But I love it because it is direct and hits hard. It is designed to be played loud. It is supposed to be that way. It is how music is recorded right now and they are just staying with the times as usual, yet are still sounding like The Rolling Stones.

A Bigger Bang isn't an album you play in the back ground at all. It is meant to be played loud. It is straight ahead and got balls.

Ian
19th June 2006 01:36 AM
Bloozehound seeing how Ian billing has no balls that's pretty telling

19th June 2006 12:46 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
seeing how Ian billing has no balls that's pretty telling

'Billen' is the Dutch word for 'buttocks'
19th June 2006 01:43 PM
Some Guy I was at the mall today and parked far away from other cars to avoid dings and such. On my way back to my car I saw another car and heard ONNYA playing and as I got closer I smelled some weed. These 2 young guys(19-20 ish) were burning a fatty and jamming to ABB. I gave them a thumbs up and they motioned me over and asked if I wanted a toke, I declined. I asked them about the music and they said ABB is great and they love the Stones. I left and said rock on bitches!
19th June 2006 01:55 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I was at the mall today and parked far away from other cars to avoid dings and such. On my way back to my car I saw another car and heard ONNYA playing and as I got closer I smelled some weed. These 2 young guys(19-20 ish) were burning a fatty and jamming to ABB. I gave them a thumbs up and they motioned me over and asked if I wanted a toke, I declined. I asked them about the music and they said ABB is great and they love the Stones. I left and said rock on bitches!

I call "bullshit" - stoners dont listen to ABB

cool story though
20th June 2006 12:58 AM
Bloozehound the ABB crowd prefers a starbucks double latte with sprinkles and cup of fruit, and maybe a wine cooler or 2, unless of coarse they'r driving that night
[Edited by Bloozehound]
20th June 2006 01:01 PM
Some Guy chicks dig A Bigger Bang
20th June 2006 01:26 PM
BILL PERKS I CRANK THIS RECORD EVERY CAR RIDE I TAKE FOR 9 MONTHS STRAIGHT

IT ROCKS
[Edited by BILL PERKS]
20th June 2006 02:34 PM
Some Guy
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
I CRANK THIS RECORD EVERY CAR RIDE I TAKE FOR 9 MONTHS STRAIGHT

IT ROCKS
[Edited by BILL PERKS]

BILL PERKS ROCKS DAMN IT!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)