ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1981 TFC
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Redigging on A Bigger Bang Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
6th June 2006 01:01 PM
Some Guy I have been playing this album more and frankly getting back into it. I thought I misplaced it and it was in my wifes car. It is not a bad effort at all and has grown on me! As time goes by this album should age very well. Totally redigging it!
6th June 2006 01:12 PM
BILL PERKS STILL LISTENING TO IT CONSTANTLY
6th June 2006 01:13 PM
Dan I liked it and listened to it a lot after it came out but I think it finally hit its expiration date a few months ago.
6th June 2006 01:26 PM
Soldatti I heard it yesterday, LWTCDI is my fav cut.
6th June 2006 01:40 PM
Saint Sway by any chance, are any of you also digging the new Bon Jovi CD?
6th June 2006 01:50 PM
Some Guy ONNYA is cool though to me his voice sounds a little tinny or something like maybe he is in a tin can. Still cool
6th June 2006 01:57 PM
sirmoonie Isn't there some song call Sweet Neo-Con on there? I heard that about George Walker Bush III? True? Its gotta be.
6th June 2006 02:18 PM
Steel Wheels A Bigger bang is a brilliant, brilliant album and it has given me countless hours of pleasure.

6th June 2006 02:24 PM
Fadeout_Freedom whoa, check out Steel Wheels' post count...

nevermind, just went up again to 667
[Edited by Fadeout_Freedom]
6th June 2006 02:50 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
pdog wrote:

Dog's with lips scare me.
6th June 2006 03:27 PM
ListenToTheLion Not a brilliant album but certainly their best effort since Tattoo You.
6th June 2006 03:32 PM
glencar A brilliant effort & their best since Some Girls!
6th June 2006 03:43 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
by any chance, are any of you also digging the new Bon Jovi CD?

I only heard two songs from their CD on the radio and the worst song on ABB (Neocon) is 10 times better.
6th June 2006 03:45 PM
Some Guy
quote:
glencar wrote:
A brilliant effort & their best since Some Girls!

thats a bold statement
6th June 2006 03:46 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

I only heard two songs from their CD on the radio and the worst song on ABB (Neocon) is 10 times better.

really? They both sound like the same awful shit to me.
6th June 2006 03:48 PM
glencar
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

thats a bold statement

Call me Mr. Bold.
6th June 2006 04:04 PM
duck 2 star album. Dangerous Beauty is the best thing on it
6th June 2006 04:05 PM
glencar
quote:
glencar wrote:
Call me Mr. Bold.

Hey now!

Dangerous Beauty is the bset song on this 4 1/2 star album!
6th June 2006 04:27 PM
Some Guy
quote:
duck wrote:
2 star album. Dangerous Beauty is the best thing on it

now that there is a bold statement.
6th June 2006 05:39 PM
Honky Tonk Man I gave A Bigger Bang a spin the other day. It must've been for the first time in a good while and it still sounded great to me. It was never going to be a classic, but there isn't actually a bad track on there and that alone is a major plus point in my book. I still prefer Bridges To Babylon, primarily because it doesn’t have anything grand as Saint Of Me or Out Of Control.
6th June 2006 07:21 PM
Soldatti
quote:
duck wrote:
2 star album. Dangerous Beauty is the best thing on it

Dangerous Beauty is on my top 3, great rocker.
6th June 2006 09:28 PM
Bob Tamp Still fucking love it, and cant believe how well its holding up. No, its not in the top big four, but its damn good, and damn good is just fine with me from a band thats done nothing but throw mediocrity at us post 1981.
6th June 2006 11:12 PM
Scottfree I like it, nothing spectacular, but I think Bigges Mistake is not a mistake at all....(though everyone else bemoans it)
6th June 2006 11:45 PM
ShaneJazz I have never gotten into Dangerous Beauty or She Saw Me Coming. They just seem like Stones-by-the-numbers. But others love it, and I respect that. I personally like Biggest Mistake and Driving Too Fast, whereas others don't. Thankfully, the boys gave us enough tracks where there is something for everyone. I still am unclear on what INXS' input was on the song LWTCDI. I have heard it mentioned from time to time, but never saw anything definitive.
6th June 2006 11:56 PM
time is on my side
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
As time goes by this album should age very well. Totally redigging it!

ABB was released on 09-06-2005 (at least here in the US) so this marks an anniversary of sorts (9 months since it's actual release)

It's seems a fair question to ask. Has it held up well over TIME???? The insightful poster Some Guy has offered us all a clue. As the months have passed, the general consensus of the listening public (the ones who have bought the CD and have given the music a chance) is that their fondness and appreciation of ABB seems to be growing. While still too early to see if this trend will last over the onslaught of the coming years, it may be ABB is like fine wine. The taste gets better the more it ages.

It's also interesting to note that one of my favorite cuts from ABB, Under the Radar, didn't even appear on the original album release. While not up there with the STONES classics of yesteryear (Aftermath, BB, LIB, SF, EOMS, SG, TY, etc), I do find it to be their best effort since Tattoo You. I appreciate the effort.

[Edited by time is on my side]
7th June 2006 12:23 AM
IanBillen Solid, In Your Face, Direct, harder hitting.

And has got good balls as a true Stones album does.

Sure there is no classic single. But the songs range from at it's the very worst.... decent to almost all being good and many being very, very, good. As in two or three decent and twelve or thirteen in the very, very good category. Given the bare bones production, and the legnth of this album and it not having one really weak track makes it over all a great work. An "under exposed latter day Rolling Stones marvel" as I once put it. It builds up steam and gets better and better towards the end of the album. Neat. Also it still packs punch just as the day it came out. Never sounds weaker than originally heard or over rated since time has gone by. Another sign of a great album.

Get it straight boys and girls:

A Bigger Bangs purpose was not to have some big single.
A Bigger Bangs purpose was not to experiment or be trendy.
A Bigger Bang, for the most part, ignored soft production, other studio musicians, and song writing that caters to the today's radio.

A Bigger Bangs purpose was to rock with no bull shit.

Mission Accomplished. That's what I'm talkin about!

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
7th June 2006 01:17 AM
Bloozehound only 2 or 3 songs even worth hearing, nothing special, all were released as "teasers" prior to the albums release, they should've been released as an EP, like the new songs on 40 Licks, so the fans would still be thinking they "had it"

8 yrs for the truth to come out that these rolling stones are covered in moss

....and cobwebs
7th June 2006 02:35 AM
JumpingKentFlash
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
only 2 or 3 songs even worth hearing, nothing special, all were released as "teasers" prior to the albums release, they should've been released as an EP, like the new songs on 40 Licks, so the fans would still be thinking they "had it"

8 yrs for the truth to come out that these rolling stones are covered in moss

....and cobwebs

A rolling stone gathers no moss. The Mythbusters proved that.
7th June 2006 03:39 AM
IanBillen We all wanted an album aimed in this direction.
It hits right on the mark for what we wanted and asked for. Not hardly any overly done acoustic ballads. Just one really and it is "This Place is Empty. A good song at that. A nice addition to The Worst and "All About You" style Keith numbers that he does. No more attempts in that direction on the rest of the album. We heard it before, this one was on par in quality with the rest, and that was enough. Nice touch on an other wise rock album. Even the typical Mick slow number is instead this time a power type ballad....Streets of Love. Even the country numbers are closer to electric country than not. The album is packed full of rockers.

It is clear what they wanted. A Forceful hard hitting album.Yet it never seems too trying. It is what it is with out apologies.

A Stones album consisting of what we had missed on previous efforts. The musicianship is great. Jaggers vocals are superb. Alot of the numbers on this album I didn't even think The Stones could really sound that way again. I knew they could pull off a great album if they really tried to however I didn't realize we could be taken back to Undercover style dance tracks (RFD) Dirty Work Style rockers (IWTL), or B Side Tattoo You (LIND) like no time or nothing ever occurred in between! I was really surprised and very impressed at how The Stones sounded and the recording could throw you back to an album of yesteryear as if it had been in place all along. Geez BOMH is right from the 68-72 Rolling Stones catalogue as if it actually was recorded back then. Don Was is the man.

I see it as high quality and completely on target.

Ian

[Edited by IanBillen]
7th June 2006 04:13 AM
Ronnie Richards
quote:
glencar wrote:
A brilliant effort & their best since Some Girls!

A subpar effort & their best since Bridges to Babylon!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)